Assistant coach (forward) - Daniel Jordan
Assistant coach (ruck) - Tom Bellchambers
Development coach & VFL Senior Coach – Leigh Tudor

Development coach & VFL Assistant Coach – Cameron Roberts
(VFL assistant?) - Bernard Sheppard
(VFL forward?) - Jacob Thompson
(VFL defence?) - Marcus Barham

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick search tells me he was "Head of Match Day Strategy and Oppisition". I remember him being a quality forward during the few years Melbourne weren't shithouse. New forward coach?
Strategy and Oppo is open too I think. Might be a combined role, they seem to be all the rage these days.

He was a line coach for 4 years then moved into that role this year.
Ya I think Oppo Analyst might be part of Harvey's mash up role, but forwards and strategy could be a thing.

I think one of the articles I was reading yesterday said Worsfold was more of a man manager and relied on his assistant coaches (which at that time included two former senior coaches) for game day strategy stuff in 2016-17. So it could be similar again, with line coaches doing strategy.

Quick search tells me he was "Head of Match Day Strategy and Oppisition". I remember him being a quality forward during the few years Melbourne weren't shithouse. New forward coach?
He was forwards coach when Bevo left, then moved into defence in 2017 or 18 I think, then this role this year.
would think Yze gets the fwd line.

Rutten - Backline
Cara - middle
Kelly - stoppages
Yze - forwards
We're giving our head coach line coach duties as well? I would say"

Head: Rutten
Senior Assistant: Caracella

Defence: Tudor
Midfield: ??? (Try to get Mundy if he retires, would love someone who learned under Ross the Boss)
Stoppages: Kelly
Forward: Yze

Jordan back to VFL/development where he was excellent last year

He was forwards coach when Bevo left, then moved into defence in 2017 or 18 I think, then this role this year.

We're giving our head coach line coach duties as well? I would say"

Head: Rutten
Senior Assistant: Caracella

Defence: Tudor
Midfield: ??? (Try to get Mundy if he retires, would love someone who learned under Ross the Boss)
Stoppages: Kelly
Forward: Yze

Jordan back to VFL/development where he was excellent last year
Thought i read somewhere that rutten was taking the backline duties. Thought it odd but may have misread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same I don’t think our soft cap would agree though haha
Yeah, that's definitely the thing. I'm flexible as to what role someone like Tudor takes (whether it's a more advanced or simply back line coach) but Yze and Stevie J would be two great additions. I've been banging on about him but David Mundy as midfield coach would be my ideal tertiary addition.

Yeah, that's definitely the thing. I'm flexible as to what role someone like Tudor takes (whether it's a more advanced or simply back line coach) but Yze and Stevie J would be two great additions. I've been banging on about him but David Mundy as midfield coach would be my ideal tertiary addition.
I think clubs should get creative with the development coaches roles. Pontentially giving a list spot to a player to purely be a coach who plays in the vfl and is a last resort Incase of an injury crisis. Having an onfield coach that plays with the young guys and making sure they get the necessary help, with coaching departments shrinking. Say potentially a heath Shaw or Nathan jones, dependent if they wanted to get into coaching.

Yze is perfect for us. Issue has never been talent in the forward half, we just need someone who genuinely knows the craft and can teach leading patters, spacing and blocking, would be wrapped with that as a result.

The Hawks forward line genuinely hums despite personnel coming and going

Yze is perfect for us. Issue has never been talent in the forward half, we just need someone who genuinely knows the craft and can teach leading patters, spacing and blocking, would be wrapped with that as a result.

The Hawks forward line genuinely hums despite personnel coming and going
I don't think Skipworth was bad in that role, was he? He moved to the midfield when Guy McKenna left and then we tried to put him back there at the end of last year and he buggered off to Collingwood on a mega-promotion instead...

In between we've promoted a couple of VFL coaches in Corrigan and Jordan, not sure either had much to recommend them other than being in the right place at the right time.

I don't think Skipworth was bad in that role, was he? He moved to the midfield when Guy McKenna left and then we tried to put him back there at the end of last year and he buggered off to Collingwood on a mega-promotion instead...

In between we've promoted a couple of VFL coaches in Corrigan and Jordan, not sure either had much to recommend them other than being in the right place at the right time.

I was always meh on Skipworth but everything you hear from players is good and the results weren’t terrible.

Hawthorn have consistently had a functional forward line that generate easy touches for all involved. A natural choice imo, someone with genuine pedigree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back