Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

At work this afternoon, last I saw it the NZ's were 6 for, only to hear on the radio - when I went to get my dinner - that they were bowled out.

Must've been some decent watching. A ton, and a collapse including a run out. Been a bit of a disappointment the Kiwis, but there have been bits and pieces of interest in there. I've been able - due to the weirdness of my work schedule - to watch some of the Centurion test between England and SA, and it's interesting how every team in the world - both of them included - are trying to replicate Wagner, with their field placements to particular bowling. It's like the AFL game of 'follow the Clarkson'; what one tries and does successfully, the others give a go to see if it works. Archer got De Kock to 30 off 11 playing on a) a troublesome deck for good/full length bowling, and b) a postage stamp of a ground. The muppet's tried to bounce him, and he's proceeded to get carted for two consecutive sixes over deep backward square.

I really do despair for the collective brains trusts behind sporting teams sometimes. I'm all for attempting new tactics, but to quote the book, 'to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.'

Fizzer of a Test.

Kiwis are Number 2 in the world, win the toss, bowl, get a wicket in the first over and that’s about it.

Standard was a smidge above Shield level, tactically meh.

Batsmen taking 130k short pitch bowling on the body.....I dunno.

Bowlers did their job, over in less than 4 days, and there’s a party at Warnies castle tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back