Review Autopsy thread vs Saints round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta was damn ordinary against the Hawks. I've noticed some bad habits creeping into his play lately. Jetta should have been dropped, Sheed should have stayed, and they should have brought in Ainsworth who for a young player has a great tank, is hard in at it and can tackle. 15 possessions, 8 tackles from 65% game time against GWS. Yes, he looked a bit nervous early and a couple of kicks were off, but he ran hard and was hard at it. That is exactly the type of player we were screaming out for against the Saints. I understand they brought in Nelson to cover the Saints small forwards, but the need for extra run and grunt around the ball was the greater need. Or given Ainsworth was the travelling emergency against the Hawks, Partington. With our rucks not being so dominant, it showed we need shoring up on ball.

Should have been:

OUT: Masten (inj),
IN: Ainsworth/Partington

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Total snore fest at the game :sleeping: :gun:

Our ball movement was the biggest negative for mine. Just slow and predictable. Chipped sideways and backwards when we didn't need to.

Also didnt get back off the mark with any urgency so none of our switches achieved anything. Nobody was prepared to make a play.

- If someone could man up Membrane that would also be great. They had 1 dangerous player all night, and we gave him no respect :shrug:

Hope Simmo gave the lads a bake for that diabolical final quarter.

As much as this game destroyed me on the inside, i think people need to understand that we were almost limping our way into the bye after the tough run of games we've had. Taking nothing away from the saints, but we looked very tired and uninterested all game and it showed towards the end. A lot of missed tackles, fumbles and not a lot of pressure in the midfield. For me personally this game feels like a loss or rather a loss like win we needed to have in order to show us that we are still not there yet. Like Simo said, 10 in a row is pretty good but we haven't achieved anything yet. A much needed rest coming up for the boys after which a really hard game against the Swans at the SCG, but with hopefully Ryan, Shuey, Emac, Darling and a bunch of rested up sore boys ready to go, we can challenge them and get the win.

-Jetta was horseshit. Just an absolutely lazy, putrid effort of a game from him. Spent the game overcooking his long kicks and trying to do too many short dinky kicks and being an absolute turnover merchant.

Looked like he absolutely could not be effed all game
He had a few friends on the night I think. Thought many just looked disinterested.

Total snore fest at the game :sleeping: :gun:

Our ball movement was the biggest negative for mine. Just slow and predictable. Chipped sideways and backwards when we didn't need to.

Also didnt get back off the mark with any urgency so none of our switches achieved anything. Nobody was prepared to make a play.

- If someone could man up Membrane that would also be great. They had 1 dangerous player all night, and we gave him no respect :shrug:

Hope Simmo gave the lads a bake for that diabolical final quarter.

Yeah it seemed really flat as far as atmosphere goes. I know I’ve been to games there and felt the crowd was electric and my mates have mentioned how quiet the crowd seemed on TV which seemed odd to me at the time. Made me think they have the crowd mic’d up weird.

But that crowd on TV tonight sounded like a WAFL crowd. Could hear the boys calling on the lead.

Do we accept that was the loss we had to have?

Bye just in time and we are going to have to manage players to be cherry ripe at the business end.

Flying Ryan & Shuey will be welcome additions.

Sobering game. Saints ran amok at times, WCE looked completely disinterested. Beaten in the contest & in most stats. Only the saints losing the plot at crucial moments and some polish from a few of our prime movers prevented an embarrassing loss.

+ JJK return to his best

- Complacency setting in & we might be in for our fair share of defeats in the 2nd half of the season.

Hopefully we ride it out and get back to form before September.
Complacency was what I was worried about pre-game. Obviously not mentally switched on and also most seemed to lack energy. When comparing the effort put in when we played our last home game against Richmond, it's like chalk & cheese!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back