Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

No, every change they make creates an alternate universe; it doesn't change the universe that the films are set in. Since they were always returning to their original universe (5 seconds after they left) then it doesn't matter what happened in those other alternate universes.

Homer was returning to the future of the universe he went to. That's the difference.
Bingo
Professor Hulk explained it all in a scene FWIW...and the ancient one explained and argued it to professor Hulk to make him realise that he needs to return the stones in the same time straight after

Hence why cap went back in time with all the stones and the Hammer [/spoilers]

Ah that's right. I think the chain of events was hulk click ------> heroes come back to life -------> open portals to come back to earth. Wait, why didnt strange do that in IW? Or maybe they had to stay on titan so that the 1/14000000 will happen. Oh well.

Actually, on Titan there's obviously oxygen. just occurred to me

Thanks mate! The CM post credits scene was just a bridge. Though I would've liked to have seen some questions from the avengers asking who the hell she is etc. Maybe thats in the deleted scenes. oh well. I was thinking wow that was quick her bringing tony and nebula to earth at the time, but it makes sense now. Some introd=uctions of nubula to rogers and nat wouldve been nice.

Do you remember the time elapsed between when banner was discussing the pager stopping to this here movie and becoming Bruce Hulk?

yes it all did feel very quick, within minutes Tony and Nebula were brought to earth. And Danvers was amongst them without any real introduction. Would’ve been nice to see that entire scene play out with the pager. But not to be.

In terms of Banner, he was still in human form during those moments. I recall him saying later it took him 18 months to then integrate Bruce and Hulk together.

Bingo
Professor Hulk explained it all in a scene FWIW...and the ancient one explained and argued it to professor Hulk to make him realise that he needs to return the stones in the same time straight after

Hence why cap went back in time with all the stones and the Hammer [/spoilers]
Sending the stones back only fixes the Asgard and Howard stark timelines.

While the Ancient one is correct, that timeline had already been ruined when Loki stole the Space stone. So much of the New York timeline changed that it should be almost impossible to recork that bottle.
How long do we have to use spoiler tags for?

what scenes that
The "she's got help" team up scene, just entirely broke the fourth wall. The majority of those characters have never seen or spoken to one another before in the MCU and they suddenly all decided to tie up because... Marvel want's the Huff Post to write an article about them. I'm all for female super heroes kicking ass and found absolutely no issues in every other scene of them doing so. But that was jst super super cringey.

The "she's got help" team up scene, just entirely broke the fourth wall. The majority of those characters have never seen or spoken to one another before in the MCU and they suddenly all decided to tie up because... Marvel want's the Huff Post to write an article about them. I'm all for female super heroes kicking ass and found absolutely no issues in every other scene of them doing so. But that was jst super super cringey.

Its also kinda
defeating the concept of trust. How do they know they're on teh same side? I guess in some ways if they are not space dogs or grey in colour they are good

How long do we have to use spoiler tags for?

I would argue that the movie has had it's official release and this is the only discussion thread specifically for the movie, so spoiler tags are not necessary (ie. you come into this thread, you should expect to be spoiled).

But there's a bit of ambiguity with how it should be handled? https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/spoiler-announcement-policy.1196069/
- This is the only thread and hasn't been designated as a "spoiler" thread.
- It's not an "other thread" so surely we don't wait for the duration of the cinema run.

I guess it takes one person with the balls to ditch the spoilers, but for this one, I'd suggest we default to phantom13 for how spoilers should be handled.

I’m just using spoiler tags until at least a few days after the official release

A lot of people will be waiting for the weekend to watch the film imo

Yes same, I think the spoiler tags are the courteous thing to do for at least the first 4-5 days, perhaps a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be using Spoiler tags for a while yet personally.

Still recovering from it but some highlights for me:

The Russo bros kicking us in the heart in the first. damn. scene.
Tony saying he couldnt save the kid broke my heart, Downy made it so damn real.
Seeing Rescue finally! I know Gweneth has her haters but damn she was awesome in that final battle.
SCARLET WITCH, ugh, she can red electric stuff me all day long
Korg returns!
Thor is bigger than ever! (Pun intended)
Valkyrie!
Black Widow being the sacrifice was an interesting and poetic choice
How does Loki escaping with the cube from 2012 effect his future? Does he still die anyway? Is this how they revive him for his supposed series?

The whole Captain Marvel deal, I felt like they tried not to over use her, and in doing so underused her immensely. They really skipped the whole connection there as to why she knew to go find Tony, who sent her etc, and they should have kept the scene with them looking at Furys pager. I can forgive that though. And he was pretty well used in the two fights against Thanos.

Thats harsh. Does that mean I can spoil it for friends who have not seen it come monday?
I wouldn't do it intentionally but I think if you're going into an online forum thread about a movie 5+ days after its come out you shouldn't expect to have everything treated wiht kiddy gloves for your benefit.

I wouldn't do it intentionally but I think if you're going into an online forum thread about a movie 5+ days after its come out you shouldn't expect to have everything treated wiht kiddy gloves for your benefit.

Or you could just use spoiler tags and not be a dick about it? I dunno. Seems like a debate thats a bit redundant in the grand scheme of things.

Also:
If we DONT have Thor in Guardians 3 I am going to officially riot. He would be so much damn fun in their movie, even if he just played a minor background role or something. Let it happen! Hemsworth is keen to do more!

Or you could just use spoiler tags and not be a dick about it? I dunno. Seems like a debate thats a bit redundant in the grand scheme of things.
As is discussed though, for how long?? Have to draw the line somehwere, I'm saying that somewhere is after the end of the first weekend. You have a different opinion, bravo, you think you're opinion is "less-dickish" than mine, good on you but I disagree.

As is discussed though, for how long?? Have to draw the line somehwere, I'm saying that somewhere is after the end of the first weekend. You have a different opinion, bravo, you think you're opinion is "less-dickish" than mine, good on you but I disagree.

A week from release, so next Wednesday. Done.

Next?

Ill be using Spoiler tags for a while yet personally.

Still recovering from it but some highlights for me:

The Russo bros kicking us in the heart in the first. damn. scene.
Tony saying he couldnt save the kid broke my heart, Downy made it so damn real.
Seeing Rescue finally! I know Gweneth has her haters but damn she was awesome in that final battle.
SCARLET WITCH, ugh, she can red electric stuff me all day long
Korg returns!
Thor is bigger than ever! (Pun intended)
Valkyrie!
Black Widow being the sacrifice was an interesting and poetic choice
How does Loki escaping with the cube from 2012 effect his future? Does he still die anyway? Is this how they revive him for his supposed series?

The whole Captain Marvel deal, I felt like they tried not to over use her, and in doing so underused her immensely. They really skipped the whole connection there as to why she knew to go find Tony, who sent her etc, and they should have kept the scene with them looking at Furys pager. I can forgive that though. And he was pretty well used in the two fights against Thanos.

intresting thoughts

see how easy valkyrie look one of those flying sharp/whale things down just by using her sword? Yeah ok.
Great point about keeping cap marvels pager thing for this movie. it wouldve been most epic!

scar witch. man

xxaRZpZ.gif

i know i myself avoided this thread, and didnt look at facebook for the whole few days leading upto my viewing. It is easy to do, but u know.

For all of the discussion about the kid from IM3 -

They are clearly setting up for a Young Avengers arc, IM3 kid will be Iron Lad, it'll have Hawkeyes daughter and Ant Mans daughter, however it may not be a movie but a show for Disney

Just read an interesting point:

Captain goes back in time to shack up with Peggy and have a life...What about his supposed new hookup, Sharon Carter? She left behind to deal with being ditched?

now thats awkward in a game of thrones ish way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back