Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Aint touching that one with a 10 foot barge pole.

Now that we know the conclusion to Tony Starks entire 10 year Arc...Would it be fair to say its the best Superhero story arc ever told in cinematic history? Its certainly unprecedented in terms of actual movies we saw his character grow in. Closest one I would say would be Wolverines arc from X1 through to Logan...

Tony:
Iron man 1
Avengers
Avengers 2
Civil War
Spiderman
Infinity War
End Game

Logan:
X1
X2
X3
X Origins
Days of Future Past
Logan

I feel like Im missing one there somewhere, although its still 9 to 7 if I did.

Closest non-Marvel would be the Reeves Superman I think, and the Dark Knight trilogy Batman.

the biggest plot hole is the elder one talking about how the destruction of the infinity stones destroys the timeline completely ignoring that Thanos already had. What absolute stupidity because returning the stones was a completely unnecessary story line and only served Captain America’s ending which could have been done without it

the biggest plot hole is the elder one talking about how the destruction of the infinity stones destroys the timeline completely ignoring that Thanos already had. What absolute stupidity because returning the stones was a completely unnecessary story line and only served Captain America’s ending which could have been done without it

Actually what she implies is REMOVING them from the time stream to put them elsewhere creates a new time stream, until said stone is returned. So when Thanos destroys all of them, it shouldnt realistically do anything.

The biggest plot hole is Thanos going FORWARD in time, before he even snapped his fingers, which would only work if they went to a different timeline past to get the power stone, but they specified that they were going back in their own stream.

rogers learned to love again. Tony died doing what he loved

Did Tony love it in the end? For me he was kind of over the whole superhero thing, part of his arc was dealing with the PTSD from New York and I don't think he ever felt quite the same about the suit again, even more so when he lost Jarvis. He didn't wear the suit for fun after that. Plus the guy was still a perfectionist, he believed there was (or should be) a better solution than the suit anyway.

In the end Tony did what he could never do before he went into the cave, he trusted that others might know best, like when Dr Strange said this was the one and only way. He did what he really didn't want to do because he trusted it was what other people needed him to do. And he accepted a partial win, as long as Pepper and his daughter were safe, it was enough.

Did Tony love it in the end? For me he was kind of over the whole superhero thing, part of his arc was dealing with the PTSD from New York and I don't think he ever felt quite the same about the suit again, even more so when he lost Jarvis. He didn't wear the suit for fun after that. Plus the guy was still a perfectionist, he believed there was (or should be) a better solution than the suit anyway.

In the end Tony did what he could never do before he went into the cave, he trusted that others might know best, like when Dr Strange said this was the one and only way. He did what he really didn't want to do because he trusted it was what other people needed him to do. And he accepted a partial win, as long as Pepper and his daughter were safe, it was enough.

There was actually a wee bit of foreshadowing earlier in the film. When he ran the simulation on the time travel code he was working on, it said something like 99.987% success rate. And they did succeed, but it cost them both Natasha and himself.

Watched and took it for what it was - a massive blockbuster flick that largely ticked all the boxes. A fitting conclusion to a pretty audacious move of creating such a large movie universe that made a helluva lot of money. Yep - massive plot holes everywhere but I ain’t fussed as this is where I hop off this ride. These flicks were starting to get stale (with the exception of ragnorock) as superhero fatigue took hold and it’s a good sign off for me.

Vision is dead. He's not coming back (at least not in the way all the others came back). His death was at the hands of Thanos pulling the mind stone from his head, not because of the snap. Goneski.

Gamora bailed I take it in the wash up of the battle. It's "past" Gamora not the Gamora who got sacrificed for the soul stone so she hasn't got any affection for Quill. I'm assuming GotG3 will be at least in part about how they track her down and bring her back in to the fold.
Was going to ask about that but can’t make spoiler tag work so deleted it.

Was going to ask about that but can’t make spoiler tag work so deleted it.
For the tag : spoiler in [ ] and to end it [/] with spoiler obviously in the brackets

Same as the quote code

basically the soul stone can’t be undone so Natasha and Gaomora can’t be brought back

Hence why the current Gaomora is the past one not the one that was sacrificed for the soul stone

Really the biggest plot hole is people misunderstanding of the whole time travelling plot, which is understandable as it’s not like other time travelling movies and doesn’t deal with paradox’s

Surprised at talk of plot holes (and unsurprised Seeds is doing it). The 21 movies before this operated at a level of stupid or assume-this-all-makes-sense. It wasn't going to change for 22. Marvel Cinematic Universe has never tried to be proper drama. That's probably the defining trait with frequent humour so you don't forget. They aim without shame for the broadest possible audience. And this movie
has time travel
, which is plot hole mania even in great movies.

Surprised at talk of plot holes (and unsurprised Seeds is doing it). The 21 movies before this operated at a level of stupid or assume-this-all-makes-sense. It wasn't going to change for 22. Marvel Cinematic Universe has never tried to be proper drama. That's probably it's defining trait with frequent humour so you don't forget. They aim without shame for the broadest possible audience. And this movie
has time travel
, which is plot hole mania even in great movies.
imo they did well to explain it that removing the time stones from the past and then returning it back to same point that they were removed won’t disrupt the time stream.

You could argue that the only paradox was Loki teleporting and Thanos coming to the future which should had created alternative realities....but it would only further complicate things are were NOT a plot hole...they were consequences of their actions.

The whole Peggy “plot hole” could be explained easily....Cap and Peggy could had always been married , there were no pics of her husband when Cap first saw here after being unfrozen and Cap could had just stayed hidden the entire time he was married in the past from world events and pics ect.

Overall for such a complex’s subject as time travelling they did well, even Professor Hulk explained it well...the ancient one just explained the consequences of removing the stones from each intersection of the past and not returning them would create alternative realities.

If anyone can give me a logical in movie reason for that scene to happen please do so.

Any possible reason - remembering that those characters have their own autonomy and are valid in their own right for more than their gender. That scene effectively ignores any character development or reason and degrades those superheroes to their gender all for reasons that break the fourth wall for globalist capitalist virtue signalling reasons while.. as that article posted by iBeng pointed out.. are incredibly hollow and aren't otherwise borne out in the movie.

Give me a reason that scene makes sense.

As I said. Was the only scene in the entire movie that I cringed in.
A friend I know said she spontaneously menstruated it had so much girl power. And she is a Marvel nerd

The difference between that scene and the Avengers Assemble scene was stark , not Tony, but dire.

The same scene could have easily been done together with the Avengers Assemble and fit more seamlessly

As Dr Strange and Wong start gathering the Avengers , one of the portals could have had all the major female characters come through it and you see them all come together that way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was better than Infinity War, the only thing IW had going for it was an unhappy ending, and killing Tom Holland.

IW had about three action scenes that could have been cut significantly if not cut out entirely. At this stage in the franchise, we aren't going to watch action anymore, but characters.

The numbers that Endgame is pulling are insane.

https://www.screendaily.com/box-off...game-storms-to-725m-worldwide/5138838.article

Out for less than five days (and the weekend hasn't even finished yet) and already a quarter of a billion. It will break 1 billion when Sunday finishes. Ridiculous.

I wonder if it could give number one of all time a shake...
I hope it does. The fact that Avatar is number 1 and most people probably can't remember the name of one character is ridiculous.

Surprised at talk of plot holes (and unsurprised Seeds is doing it). The 21 movies before this operated at a level of stupid or assume-this-all-makes-sense. It wasn't going to change for 22. Marvel Cinematic Universe has never tried to be proper drama...

This is quite possibly why I find the ceiling of non MCU comic adaptions better, even if there is still some shockers amongst them.

Avatar wasn’t anywhere near as bad as people say.

It was a predictable, by the books spectacle, hyped up to sell 3D to the masses.

I have a 3D TV, not because I wanted one but because it was a "feature". Ive used it...Never. Its barely mentioned or hyped up these days.

Also weird for Disney to release Dumbo, and then Aladdin, in the same release period as something they knew would pull in a s**t load of money. I know they wet themselves when Jungle Book did well but they have really gone a little too gungho on this gimmick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back