Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Some standout moments for me:

- Mjolnir responding to Cap, nicely teased in Age of Ultron. He was worthy, loved Thor’s reaction to it.

- Avengers Assemble. One of the great cinematic moments, epic in scale and delivery. Wow.

- Rocket scaring Bruce and Tony when they were placing the stones in Tony’s glove, that made me burst out laughing. ******* gold.

- the closing moments with Cap and Peggy. Fantastic ending to his arc.

- Tony’s funeral. That got me. And nice to see that young lad from Iron Man 3 there, he was shown on purpose and likely to feature in the next phase.

- genuinely didn’t know which one of Widow or Ronin would sacrifice themselves. That was a great scene, chopping and changing between them. Very nicely done.

- Tony with his father. All class.

- Korg telling Thor that online gamer called him a dickhead. Holy ****, that was funny.

Agree with every single one of your highlights. Just re-reading them made me smile. Can't wait to see it again!

Some standout moments for me:

- Mjolnir responding to Cap, nicely teased in Age of Ultron. He was worthy, loved Thor’s reaction to it.

- Avengers Assemble. One of the great cinematic moments, epic in scale and delivery. Wow.

- Rocket scaring Bruce and Tony when they were placing the stones in Tony’s glove, that made me burst out laughing. ******* gold.

- the closing moments with Cap and Peggy. Fantastic ending to his arc.

- Tony’s funeral. That got me. And nice to see that young lad from Iron Man 3 there, he was shown on purpose and likely to feature in the next phase.

- genuinely didn’t know which one of Widow or Ronin would sacrifice themselves. That was a great scene, chopping and changing between them. Very nicely done.

- Tony with his father. All class.

- Korg telling Thor that online gamer called him a dickhead. Holy ****, that was funny.
I didn't notice the Iron Man 3 kid, I doubt I would have recognised him anyway. Impressive

Fan-bloody-tastic.

8/10 from me. Feels and fan service aplenty. Surprised how much they leaned on fan sevrice though. Thought the time travel mechanics were glossed over a bit and might be more pronounced in repeat viewings. Thanos also gave up on his ideals too quickly after learning of the future.

Few minor in theatre incidents that distracted me a tad. Will be watching this a few more times anyway.

Didn't expect Thor to fall as far as he did, glad they didn't do it for comedic value either. They touched on mental health a bit with Tony and follwed through well in this.

There's a little bit in all the Marvel movies who are struggling in life a tad. Props.

As for Loki nabbing the Tesseract, assuming this is what opens the door for the Disney streaming service show?

Wraps up the overall arc while still leaving a bit to keep the next phase going.

Movie was far from perfect, had a shitload of plotholes, but acting was superb and was entertaining AF. Marvel finally did the comic book genre justice in cinema. Wrapped up really well in a comic book way.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was that good, it's not my favourite Marvel movie, although there are moments in the film that are *in amazing.

Are there two Captain America's when he returns to the past to be with Peggy? Because it's out of character for him to sit on the sidelines and let Bucky do all of that damage again. Also, not cool with Thor abandoning his, "Asgard is more than just a place." principle. Giving up the leadership is understandable, but hopefully, he gets back into shape, and the Guardians help him find the rest of Asgard. Lastly, I would have preferred Thanos and his army to be defeated in hand to hand combat rather than dust away, and I wanted to see some more deaths to heroes to make the impact of his villain formidability stronger. For these reasons, I found the movie a little disappointing, but it's still good.

I didn't think it was that good, it's not my favourite Marvel movie, although there are moments in the film that are ****in amazing.

Are there two Captain America's when he returns to the past to be with Peggy? Because it's out of character for him to sit on the sidelines and let Bucky do all of that damage again. Also, not cool with Thor abandoning his, "Asgard is more than just a place." principle. Giving up the leadership is understandable, but hopefully, he gets back into shape, and the Guardians help him find the rest of Asgard. Lastly, I would have preferred Thanos and his army to be defeated in hand to hand combat rather than dust away, and I wanted to see some more deaths to heroes to make the impact of his villain formidability stronger. For these reasons, I found the movie a little disappointing, but it's still good.
Professor Hulk explains why you can’t change the past so when Cap remained behind he had to not interfere and it’ll cause more issues

Thor needed a new path and found that Asgard would be in better hand with the Valkyrie

Finally why wouldn’t you end the army as quick as possible when the fate of the planet relies on it, its a smart tactical move to end it as quickly as possible with as little causality as possible

It was quite a tally in the end with the casualties on the hero side as it is.

Professor Hulk explains why you can’t change the past so when Cap remained behind he had to not interfere and it’ll cause more issues

Thor needed a new path and found that Asgard would be in better hand with the Valkyrie

Finally why wouldn’t you end the army as quick as possible when the fate of the planet relies on it, its a smart tactical move to end it as quickly as possible with as little causality as possible

It was quite a tally in the end with the casualties on the hero side as it is.

Yeah, fair enough. Logical response, you'll get no argument from me on any of that.
One thing, though, nearly everyone lost something. Seems a bit unfair Cap gets to go back and live the good life; no one else got that opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, fair enough. Logical response, you'll get no argument from me on any of that.
One thing, though, nearly everyone lost something. Seems a bit unfair Cap gets to go back and live the good life; no one else got that opportunity.
Cap has given up so much over the entire saga I cried like a bitch with his happy ending

It’s well deserved and with him in the past in the background it affects nothing

I’m very happy with that ending it’s why he been fighting for so long...for her

Cap has given up so much over the entire saga I cried like a bitch with his happy ending

It’s well deserved and with him in the past in the background it affects nothing

I’m very happy with that ending it’s why he been fighting for so long...for her

Yeah. You know what else was cool?
A friggin RAT saved the universe.

I didn't notice the Iron Man 3 kid, I doubt I would have recognised him anyway. Impressive

he was standing there towards the back at Tony’s funeral. Just in front of the Wakandans I recall.

That lad is Harley Keener, I was racking my brains trying to figure it out before (only seen Iron Man 3 once as I didn’t really rate it). Anyway, I strongly believe that’s a potential future Iron Man for the next phase.

he was standing there towards the back at Tony’s funeral. Just in front of the Wakandans I recall.

That lad is Harley Keener, I was racking my brains trying to figure it out before (only seen Iron Man 3 once as I didn’t really rate it). Anyway, I strongly believe that’s a potential future Iron Man for the next phase.
calling it now he’s Reed Richards for F4 phase

I didn't think it was that good, it's not my favourite Marvel movie, although there are moments in the film that are ****in amazing.

I do have some issues too.

Interesting choice deviating away from Bucky as the next Captain America. Didn’t really rate that.

Also, and this happens in many superhero movies, the sudden overpowering/de powering of characters. Overall, it’s been done to Scarlett Witch throughout.

But here, and yes I get Thor is well out of shape and nowhere near his peak, but with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker he should’ve wiped Thanos.

Hell even Tony put up a better battle against Thanos when he had 5 of the 6 stones. But here a stoneless Thanos took them apart in that 3 on 1 battle.

And then Danvers. She should’ve dismantled Thanos.

Minor I know, I’m aware this is but a minor blip overall.

Overall, still spectacular for me. However nothing is perfect, and flaws are still evident. It’s just to what degree I guess, and these blips for me where tolerable in the grand scheme of things.

Overall I thought it was a good way to end the series. Thought that the film struggled in the middle though
All the time travel stuff felt like filler and found myself quite bored times, we knew they were getting the stones so there was no real tension
Not gonna complain though, start and finish of the film were done amazingly.

Spider man is next isn’t he? And they are making an Asian superhero movie which is an odd turn considering there’s no popular Asian superhero in Marvel stable

Yes Spider-Man due in July then no major announcements after that as yet. But Black Panther 2 would be a mere formality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back