Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw the trailer for Earthlings. Feels sad man :(

Did you rent/buy/download it, Great White Hark?

Kirk was tweeping or twittering or whatever you youngsters call it today

Tweeting. Or 'riding the T-train' for the really cool ones.

I guess some may can call it contrived propoganda, but it does cut across the more obvious areas of our treatment of animals.
The first half at least, borders on unwatchable.

I don't rent, prefer to buy, but will download when immediacy may be desired.
The movie is on Youtube also.

I don't care much for gruesome images of dogs being skinned alive (that scene in the trailer really shook me) but browsing a few forums it seems a few people have gone vego because of it. I dig that kind of power in a doco, I got the same kinda feeling when I watched Zeitgeist.

Watched My Sister's Keeper.

Manly tears were almost shed.

My 16y.o. loved it.

Just kidding B_J. Sounds like a good movie.
Apparently though Diaz is not a good crier.

Haha it happened to be on the telly OK! and you know movies just suck you in sometimes.

I never rated Diaz as an actress, she was alright in Vanilla Sky.

I guess the 'not a good crier' comment stems from the scene when she broke down in the hospital and it sounded like a donkey dry-humping a water buffalo. A bit of a 'wtf' moment from me too.

Tell me about it.
I get sucked into some horrors and then feel comfortable to bag the award winners.

The "not a good crier" comment actually came from my daughter after watching this movie, which she loved and is a fan of Diaz.

She even made me watch Miley Cyrus the other day.
How do you reckon I feel? :eek:

Spiritually enlightened?:D

Have you seen Miley in interviews or anything of the like? I thought she was tolerable for a while but when she opens her mouth it's just a non-stop wave of obnoxiousness. So loud-mouthed and annoying.

But thats OT, I guess.

Do you hit up film festivals, Harks?

No.

I just fork out the dollars for my girl to take all of her friends to Miley Cyrus concerts..
It's worth it though. She is on Youtube. :(

haha. Miley ain't all bad. As long as she isn't a die-hard Bieber fan. Seriously dangerous those crazy Bieber crowds, how many people have been hospitalized as a result of Biebermania:eek:

The MIFF guide was just released....Von Triers new one looks interesting.....something tells me he's not a happy chappy but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught up with a classic on the weekend, The Conversation......quite timely given the news of the world sagas.......seen it a few times, but had forgotten just how masterfully it was handled by Coppola...., hate to sound old, but they don't make em like they used to......no fancy jump edits, or multiple camera angles and hi-octane action sequences...., just good old fashioned story, staging of set sequences, intrigue, brilliant screenplay, acting, and most of all use of sound (the way the conversation is fed to you drip by drip is brilliant).

Gene Hackman's a ripper.

10 :thumbsu:outta 10

Watched the last Potter movie tonight. Must admit, my emotional attachment to the franchise slowly disappeared as I got older and the movies got worse but I felt pretty sad when it ended. Decent movie though, lot's of action and magic and all that.:thumbsu:

brb off to buy the box set of books and relive my younger reading career.

Pixar are quality filmmakers. Everyone else seems to be making animated rubbish for the kids to buy but these guys genuinely love their craft.

Watched a movie the other day with Helen Mirran and Joe Pesci in it, can't remeber the name, but it was about a legal brothel in the 70's. True story. I'll remember the name and edit this post later.

Thought I'd throw out a not-so-known-movie: always loved the movie 'Flash of Genius'. Don't think it ever received the credit it deserved. If you love a good law-suit movie, this is it. Stars Greg Kinnear.

Watched Dale and Tucker vs Evil tonight.

One of the weirdest combinations for a movie I've ever seen. It's a comedy/horror/thriller/romance/comedy.

Basically, it is a horror story-line which they have tried to make comical. However, in some parts, they make it too serious which, for me, just makes it seem tacky because I don't know if they are trying to take the piss by making it melodramatic. Had they have kept it strictly to a comedy it could have had so much more potential and achieved so much more.

Some parts will have you rolling in stitches, others will have you thinking "wtf?".

IMDB gave it a 7.6, I'd say about a 6-7 is right.

[YOUTUBE]kxgDJtVVzj4[/YOUTUBE]

Watching a few doco's lately. Namely Earthlings and Forbidden Lie$. Jeez Forbidden Lie$ was a mind-****, wasn't sure what to think after it, but I loved the way the whole movie was put together.

Watching a few doco's lately. Namely Earthlings and Forbidden Lie$. Jeez Forbidden Lie$ was a mind-****, wasn't sure what to think after it, but I loved the way the whole movie was put together.

Watched earthlings the other night. Man was that an eye opener. However, I type this as I rip apart a roast chicken :)

Sort of like Slumdog Millionaire then?

Saw the trailer to this one and decided to give it a miss at the time. May try.

It's even more confusing than Slumdog, because SM had a bit more consistency with the story line. i.e. you knew when to laugh, when it was serious, etc. However in parts of Dale and Tucker vs Evil you kind of have to ask yourself 'should i laugh or is this serious?'

However, as i said, when they chose to make it funny, it's bloody hilarious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back