Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the patient game tonight after a card dead first hour, copped a bad beat from a terrible player and lost a third of my stack just after the break, but it started turning once the blinds started going to 3-6k and started paying dividends, knocked out one of my recent nemesis's which was nice, he got a bit too tricky with AQ and limped in early position 40k with only 75k behind and I'm in the BB with 73, I hit a 7 on a J72 rainbow board, easiest call when he rips it over my check, it holds, I chip up a bit but another bloke that I'm directly out of position to started waking up with big aces everytime I had something playable (suited aces, QT suited etc), after about the 3rd time he ripped it over my open that I had to fold we were on the FT bubble 5 handed and the other table were sharing chips around, blinds about to go up to 50-100k next hand and the short stack at my table wasn't short anymore, anyways I button open 200k with 56 spades with 455k behind (best hand I had in 2 orbits), he rips it one last time to get me a bit tilted, I make a **** it call after I tank for a minute and do the math, he rolls over AJ clubs, we both hit a pair and I can't improve and I FT bubble.

I might have overplayed it in this spot, but I felt 455-655k was not enough in this game at the FT, (150k deepstack, get between 40-50 runners every week, 46 tonight), so I felt I had to go there to get well over a million, in hindsight I fold, but we were bubbling for over 10 minutes, so eh rock and a hard place.

I might have overplayed it in this spot, but I felt 455-655k was not enough in this game at the FT, (150k deepstack, get between 40-50 runners every week, 46 tonight), so I felt I had to go there to get well over a million, in hindsight I fold, but we were bubbling for over 10 minutes, so eh rock and a hard place.
Yeah its a calculation based on gut feel. One of the ones I use is to calculate 10% of all stacks as a minimum ie 46 x 150 - 6.900.000 - 690k stack to be comfortable

But as there will be bigger stacks then 450k would be a minimum

Your thinking is fine. My brother plays for the double up where I would limp/fold my way to the FT

One has more wins than the other and its not me.

Yeah its a calculation based on gut feel. One of the ones I use is to calculate 10% of all stacks as a minimum ie 46 x 150 - 6.900.000 - 690k stack to be comfortable

But as there will be bigger stacks then 450k would be a minimum

Your thinking is fine. My brother plays for the double up where I would limp/fold my way to the FT

One has more wins than the other and its not me.
I had a period in October/November last year where I ran extremely bad and I nitted my way to a 3rd place cash to break the duck first Friday of December

Since then over the last 2 and a half months I've gone at final tables 3rd, 1st, 1st, 5th, 2nd (2 way chop, lost the flip), 4th and 8th, but that 3rd was in the same game the next week where I had absolutely no right to finish that high but I got a few bluffs through and took a few risks from only having 120k at the FT and was able to chip up enough to get a key FT knockout eliminating 6th place which gave me enough to orbit my way to a cash. Most of these games have been larger fields though, otherwise I'd FT more (had a few s**t nights getting unlucky, but largely getting to final 2-3-4 tables through over 2/3s the field, but just falling short).

Anyways I feel for this game I need around 6 buy ins so 800-900k minimum if we're getting 6 tables, but if the blinds are 50-100k then I'd like to have over a million as an orbit buffer.

I play alot of 75k games though, be it chip up or freezeout as I've had my most consistent results playing with that stack level and know how to gauge where I need to be at times of the night. 100k freezeouts for some reason just don't work for me unless I'm playing a premium 20 minute level game instead of the standard 15, I regularly do not chip up early and have to bingo my way to chip up.

It's kind of funny though, I have a reputation of being a tight player, but in reality I just don't make hands, but come the crunch I'm one of the most aggressive players and willing to prey on others when their range tightens up.

Standard ******* run bad tonight

Can't make a hand early on and bleeding a little bit, I limp in UTG with aces, get a raise bloke next to me, 2 callers, I rip it, folds to the BB makes a **** it call with QTos and flops a straight, I call for my chip up

Later on, other bloke other side of the table to me limps in, I'm all in with AsQd, he calls but is at risk to me and big stack calls, they both have A4, short stack has hearts though, I flop them almost dead AJ7 1 heart, queen of hearts on the turn, king of hearts river.... leaves me with crumbs. I ended up picking up aces against the QT bloke very next hand and finally got a double up, but I should've had well over 150k at this point, I win the blinds too, get it up to 115k, lucky runner runner bloke all in on the flop next orbit I'm in the BB, I have a big flush draw and block his gut shot straight draw he punted off with, yet I brick and his A5os holds on, half my stack gone again and out not long afterwards just before FT.

I had a baby cry on the table - running dead and looking for 2 cards that dont start with a 7 or a 2

Blinds are 4/8k and I have 40k I am UTG and look down at KTo - if I fold this I will 32k and looking at 12k in the next 2 hands

* it - shove get called by large stack who has AQ - ok

Flop AK5 - well I got my K

Turn is a J opening straight draws for both

But the K hits and he goes off - muttering and mumbling how do you play that etc. I let it go and in the BB look at A9 suited.

Hmm - sook jams his last 63k and someone calls him with AQ before I do and I fold my cards- he turns over KK - ok not so tilty until he says if these get cracked the tables going over

LOL

His KK holds

Come back from a break and I look at AJ in the SB - UTG raises to 25k (blinds 5/10 now ) and my plan is to shove. Folds to me and I do

Only been at the table for a few hands but from those and a previous week he tends to raise big with any 2 cards if he decides to play

I mean I dont really care but I feel confident and even more so when he turns over Q9o - ok good

He binks his 9 on the flop and he holds and as I walk away I hear baby laughing. I choose to walk away and wonder why he didnt get upset at the guy playing Q9o - sure its annoying but you puts your chips in you take the beat when it happens. I would play 10 hands AJ against Q9o anyday and back myself.

But I will make it my goal to play against baby as much as possible and get him again and again

So that was my night

I had a baby cry on the table - running dead and looking for 2 cards that dont start with a 7 or a 2

Blinds are 4/8k and I have 40k I am UTG and look down at KTo - if I fold this I will 32k and looking at 12k in the next 2 hands

* it - shove get called by large stack who has AQ - ok

Flop AK5 - well I got my K

Turn is a J opening straight draws for both

But the K hits and he goes off - muttering and mumbling how do you play that etc. I let it go and in the BB look at A9 suited.

Hmm - sook jams his last 63k and someone calls him with AQ before I do and I fold my cards- he turns over KK - ok not so tilty until he says if these get cracked the tables going over

LOL

His KK holds

Come back from a break and I look at AJ in the SB - UTG raises to 25k (blinds 5/10 now ) and my plan is to shove. Folds to me and I do

Only been at the table for a few hands but from those and a previous week he tends to raise big with any 2 cards if he decides to play

I mean I dont really care but I feel confident and even more so when he turns over Q9o - ok good

He binks his 9 on the flop and he holds and as I walk away I hear baby laughing. I choose to walk away and wonder why he didnt get upset at the guy playing Q9o - sure its annoying but you puts your chips in you take the beat when it happens. I would play 10 hands AJ against Q9o anyday and back myself.

But I will make it my goal to play against baby as much as possible and get him again and again

So that was my night
About 35-40% there Q9

The main thing that shits me about bad beats currently is the amount of times I'm miles ahead and it always seems to get mown down in pivotal hands that make or break your night.

Anyways, I'm narrowing down the amount of venues I'm playing at, probably going to bin places I've never cashed at, so hopefully a turnaround in form is closeby.

Another classic AA bad beat from last night

Folds to me, limp in on the SB with AA trying to trap the BB who was previously chip leader has lost a couple of flips and I was bullying him a bit now, he checks

Flop T84 rainbow, I check, he rips it, I snap, he has 46c, but like always turn 4, river 6

Thank **** it was the final table, I was chip leader and we were 3 handed in the money, but then and there I knew I wasn't winning after 2 pivotal hands I was well ahead all in not at risk and were mown down on the turn, flopped a set of 9s against the other player who had a gutter with KJ and got there right away, no board pairing for me and my chip lead has gone.

Anyways, I held on for 2nd, 46 guy crippled the other player and I took her out the next hand, I eliminated 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th and didn't win 😆😆😆

I dodged a huge bullet with AA

Have AA and bet 50k at 4/8k ( yes that type of venue - get called by 1 player. Fairly solid doesnt get out of line much

Saving grace is they are not feeling well and have already run off to spew once

Flop is 8910 - I figure 7J is not in this calling range and rip another 50k and they call - hmm

A on turn bewdy - I check and they zone out until called and check back

J on River and they check again and I wonder what they have but grab a stack of chips maybe 70k and they tank then fold

As they say fold they turn over QQ and we are all stunned

'' I dont know I just felt off'' - water was called for and I scoop the chips feeling slightly confused but the chips are mine

And why do I raise big at this venue?

KK I put out 60k and get 1 caller

A on flop and I bet 50k and they call. FFFFF they have the A - probably AQ, AJ etc

Check the turn check the river and they turn over the A

With a 6

I got lucky last night and there are a few hands I could post but this one defined my night and helped a lot

Final Table still 9 left and I have 765k - bounty event blinds are 50/100k and I am UTG2 with A9c - BB is all in for 10k and a bounty chip.

I jam my 765k hoping to cruise to the heads up but get called by a 750k stack and its off to the races with

A9c - JTs v Q3o

Flop has a 3 with 2 clubs - 10k is ahead

Turn is a 7 heart

Flop is a 7 as well

But wait its a club for the flush and 1.6m in chips plus 2 bounties and chip lead

Made it heads up ( as noted in other thread) and looked at AK with blinds 200/400k ie 2.5 blinds :D

Jam and get called by KT - ok I'm ahead lets see where it goes

10 on the turn and he gets the trophy and the extra money

Happy with that - got it in good as did they and both happy (kinda) with the result

I got lucky last night and there are a few hands I could post but this one defined my night and helped a lot

Final Table still 9 left and I have 765k - bounty event blinds are 50/100k and I am UTG2 with A9c - BB is all in for 10k and a bounty chip.

I jam my 765k hoping to cruise to the heads up but get called by a 750k stack and its off to the races with

A9c - JTs v Q3o

Turn is a 7 heart

Flop is a 7 as well

But wait its a club for the flush and 1.6m in chips plus 2 bounties and chip lead

Made it heads up ( as noted in other thread) and looked at AK with blinds 200/400k ie 2.5 blinds :D

Happy with that - got it in good as did they and both happy (kinda) with the result
That JT got what it deserved when you had A9

Dumb all in call with that chip stack at that point

Fold down, still got 550-600 and still has fold equity when they get it in in a better spot

A 3 big blind rip is generally enough fold equity when blinds are 100k+, only the blinds being priced in may call off there if no one has a better hand than you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I absolutely hate peaking too early in the night

Sun run far too early, get to like 500k at 3-6kbbs, made 4 people use their chip up cards then eliminate 3 others, I lose 1 all in to a short stack when I was well ahead on the flop (middle pair and open ender vs bottom pair and overcard and hits two pair on the turn) and the rot sets in and I get whittled down over about an hour until I'm putting it in on tilt with QTos UTG with 115k left and running into 4s and kings at 15-30kbbs

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

About 3 weeks ago I had 230k at 200-400, did not win a hand til I had 45k left at 5-10kbbs, plenty of other times this has happened over the years, I just do not do well when I chip up too much early, much rather chip up steadily towards the final table then peak there

Looks like I'll have to play like a super nit when it happens again

Man I absolutely hate peaking too early in the night
I'm a little bit the same - I tend to call nearly there hands and fold them when a raise happens or a flop isnt to my liking. I guess at heart I want to play a lot of hands which isnt good for my largish stack

I think I play better short stacked. My range shrinks a lot and if people want to take advantage of my passivity so be it. I wait for the hands I like

My bad beat in the $200 event wasnt so much a bad beat as a shrug your shoulder you are right to call me

My first one was a chase to the river and hitting my straight - which also gave my caller a bigger straight - ok I could have got away from it but risk v reward

The 2nd beat was as I said a shrug

I spent the afternoon with about an 80k stack when the average was 175k - find a hand and get some chips then lose them or spot my targets and get lucky

We go to a break and I have 130k and in 17th place and I am in the last 4 stack sizes so I need a double up as minimum

Coming back blinds are now 20/40k and I have A9 in the SB - it folds around to us and I jam - then listen as BB ( who has manged to jump from 180k up to 700k in about 3 hands) says '' well I have terrible cards but I have to call, these are terrible I call the 4 blind bet ''

With J2 - ok I'm ahead - flop brings the 2 and the turn is the J - sigh. I understand why he did what he did but it still hurts

Play the satellite and JJ 3 times helps to a nice stack to play with - the table broke after one player knocked out 2 others (KK and JJ with AJ ) and has 100k

One player gets lucky and gets a huge stack from other players and its down to 4 - he gets eliminated as his flopped set of 3s gets beaten by a river flush - meanwhile I am managing my stack as best I can - picking up blinds now and then

Its down to 3 and 2 get tickets - 65k against 200k v about 120k

Dealer is 120k and big stack is SB and I am BB for 4/8k - I look down at 64 and think yep this is how my night has gone but SB limps

Ok maybe he has rubbish as well - 627 on the flop and I decide to bet the minimum - get called. Ok probably has a 2 or the 7

Turn is the 3 and I decide to power move all in for my last 45k - any 5 or 6 should win it right

He calls and turns over KK and says you fell into my trap - and I did ( he is known for this)

Ok I need a 6 a 5 or a 4

And bing the 4 hits for the shittiest 2 pair that ever 2 paired but I stack up and I can hear 100k stack visibly sigh a ffs

Next hand I am SB for 4k and dealer jams I fold my 28 and 100k stack is either tilting or thinks they are good with KT

Until the dealer shows AJ and it holds and I have a ticket :D

How I dont know but I dont care

A9c - JTs v Q3o

Turn is a 7 heart

Flop is a 7 as well

best mate came third in bounty - good run!

best mate came third in bounty - good run!
I could have knocked him out early

Young fella puts a 2500 bet I raise my AK to 6k and your mate shoves his JKs all in for 11300k - original better thinks then jams and I snap him

AK v JK V AT - giggity

Flop sees the J river the K giving him 3 times his money back and I get young lads bounty chip and remaining 45k

Happy days

Then I semi-bluffed your mate off 2 pair to a big shove with about 27 left - I had AK again - guy next to me puts a 20k bet out - 3 of us call and the flop is A8T - I decide to see what original raiser does but shoving here is an option because its a juicy sweet pot

Original raiser picks up a stack of 5k chips (maybe 90k) and moves them into the playing arena and I snap my bounty chip in

Your mate tanks a bit and decides to fold - 3rd wheel folds and then original bettor raiser tanks for about 4 minutes and eventually folds

I throw my cards towards your mate and he groans - I threwa ay A8 - thought you had a set. ( I showed strength)

Found out OR had AQ

Your mate played very well

I'm a little bit the same - I tend to call nearly there hands and fold them when a raise happens or a flop isnt to my liking. I guess at heart I want to play a lot of hands which isnt good for my largish stack

I think I play better short stacked. My range shrinks a lot and if people want to take advantage of my passivity so be it. I wait for the hands I like
Took a 3 way deal tonight

Sucked out big time blind on blind 9 handed with KT vs KQ, queen in the window accompanied by a couple of 10s 😆

Pretty easy from then on, was chip leader for a bit, but hovered around 2nd/3rd for chips, 3 of us took $600 each, I guess this makes up for big time the disappointment of Sunday night, bloke who came 4th was chip leader most of the night, I guess he peaked too early too, though he had like 1.5 million to start the FT, so he had enough to make the cash.

Probably play again Friday or Saturday, good I don't have to withdraw cash for a week or 2 now.

Good Friday Home Game $40 with 16 runners 2 tables

Win some lose more and down to 10 ie FT Bubble - I dont have many chips (80k) and I'm looking for a double up

BB with A7c - I dont think its a shoving hand just yet - limps to me and I decide to see a flop rather than min click and get re-raised and have to fold

Flop is a dream 778 - SB checks I check and button bets 12k - call call

Turn is a 5 and we both check to the button who puts out 20k SB calls and I decide its time - if Button has 88 so be it

I shove my last 66k - button folds and SB calls and shows the straight - all you can eat baby - understamdable why they came along - min click to see a flop and open ender after that - sigh

Ok need to pair the board and nope its all over

Kinda annoying I make good decisions all night but struggle to gain any traction with my chip stack and hover around 1-2 buy ins all night aside from when I hero called with 4th pair and a missed gutter against a missed combo draw to stack a guy (he had a missed wheel draw + Diamond draw with A8 on a king high flop) also folded queens preflop to a 4bet jam (he opened 12k, I 3bet to 50k with about 255k in total then got ripped on), then a donkey who has a history of getting lucky on me 3bet rips it UTG after limping in and I open to 30k at 4-8bbs with AK

I tank for over a minute wondering if he's doing this weak or strong, do the maths (would have like 310k if I win) then call it off

He only has 8s and they hold against a s**t load of straight, pair and counterfeit outs QJ2 flop, Q turn, river 2 😑😑😑

Played in a $350 event just recently. 989 runners and bubbled final table. If only I could have folded this hand...

IMG_1415.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back