Recommitted Bailey Smith [signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s an absolute butcher of the ball at the moment which will hold him back from hitting his potential. Lucky he is young and has plenty of room to improve.

Just curious if anyone knows how the bulldogs are going to sign all their players under the salary cap?
With Daniel, Dale, Smith, English and Dunkley all being out of contract heading into this season, with 3 of those signed. Would OOC players like Duryea, McLean and Johannisen be on a lot of coin so it frees up room?
Genuinely curious as I don't follow the bulldogs too much.

Just curious if anyone knows how the bulldogs are going to sign all their players under the salary cap?
With Daniel, Dale, Smith, English and Dunkley all being out of contract heading into this season, with 3 of those signed. Would OOC players like Duryea, McLean and Johannisen be on a lot of coin so it frees up room?
JJ is on a lot of coin. Wallis and Stefan Martin collectively on 700k.

Dogs freed up a bit of cap space year by trading out Lipinski and Young.

I think they have plenty of cap space to work with, giving they are likely to get Lobb and probably Logue from Freo.

Dunkley is the interesting one/most probable required Dog player to leave if his manager gets greedy like last time he wanted out.

People forget we also regularly have players like Gardner, Scott, McNeil,MComb etc as best 22who would be on very little. Wood retiring would have freed a bit, JJ big coin finishes this year. Doubt Duryea would be on much as he wasn’t that highly rated when he left Hawthorn. Dale was already on decent money as his previous re-signing was on the back of a purple patch so his increase may not be as much as people think.

I think they have plenty of cap space to work with, giving they are likely to get Lobb and probably Logue from Freo.

Dunkley is the interesting one/most probable required Dog player to leave if his manager gets greedy like last time he wanted out.
Rumour also that we’re happy to dump Hunter.
I don’t think Logue is likely.

JJ is on a lot of coin. Wallis and Stefan Martin collectively on 700k.

People forget we also regularly have players like Gardner, Scott, McNeil,MComb etc as best 22who would be on very little. Wood retiring would have freed a bit, JJ big coin finishes this year. Doubt Duryea would be on much as he wasn’t that highly rated when he left Hawthorn. Dale was already on decent money as his previous re-signing was on the back of a purple patch so his increase may not be as much as people think.
Awesome! Thanks guys, that makes sense.

He’s an absolute butcher of the ball at the moment which will hold him back from hitting his potential. Lucky he is young and has plenty of room to improve.

I noticed this the other day. Is it when he is on the run. My memory of him was a good kick but maybe that was from standing still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense for Baz to sign shorter term after the off field crap but also gives him two years to prove he can become a bonafide A grade talent and that all starts with his disposal and defensive work rate.

21 years old. Would like him to sign for longer but he’s betting on himself. If he gets his kicking right he could be one of the games elite and will be paid as such. I don’t mind it.

Hearing news he's a bit disgruntled at the moment.
Any truth to that?

Obviously remains for another year but a lot of clubs would be keen.
Reckon teams would cough up overs due to his marketability and upside as a player.

Ah yes, the everyone to Geelong call.

At some point you have to have a salary cap.

I can see Hawkins retiring end of this year or next, along with Tuohy, Smith, Stanley.
A bit more money to splurge around but Smith would be a marquee player at Sydney for example.
I can't imagine he'd make the short trip down to bogan central.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back