Bamawm Extension vs Bunnaloo reunion match

Remove this Banner Ad

bx bandit

Debutant
Dec 11, 2007
country vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just wondering if there is still able bodied people from the old clubs, just seems a shame to lose all that history so quickly.
Feel free to add your thoughts about it or any other old echuca league banter!

Just wondering if there is still able bodied people from the old clubs, just seems a shame to lose all that history so quickly.
Feel free to add your thoughts about it or any other old echuca league banter!

I has been that long since either club pulled up stumps , who exactly do you think will pull on the boots for this blockbuster ? If you counting on Peter Dobson pulling on the boots and the Kennaugh boy for the opposition , well all I can say is you will need a good supply of Paramedics with those paddles that George Clooney uses on stand by and an even bigger supply of melbourne cans . But if your after a comentator for the day Acky will have the job !

I has been that long since either club pulled up stumps , who exactly do you think will pull on the boots for this blockbuster ? If you counting on Peter Dobson pulling on the boots and the Kennaugh boy for the opposition , well all I can say is you will need a good supply of Paramedics with those paddles that George Clooney uses on stand by and an even bigger supply of melbourne cans . But if your after a comentator for the day Acky will have the job !

I was more thinking if we can get the big bird "john carter" in the ruck against doc phyland (take your pick which doc 1,2 or 3) cars would be streaming down mitiamo rd to come and watch just like in the movie field of dreams!
if we allowed father son rules we would have plenty...

ps. if you build it they will come

I was more thinking if we can get the big bird "john carter" in the ruck against doc phyland (take your pick which doc 1,2 or 3) cars would be streaming down mitiamo rd to come and watch just like in the movie field of dreams!
if we allowed father son rules we would have plenty...

ps. if you build it they will come

bloody hell if we can get big bird on board it will be a sell out for sure, and if we can't fid the jumpers l am sure ig bird can wip some up for us at $100 a pop??

does flipflop evans still run sportpower as he could put up a flyer in the window to drum up a bit of interest, not that bigfooty won't get the word spread like wild fire down Mittiamo and/or Perricotta Road but its all about publicity.

l agree with acky that a shite load of melbournes will be required for this thing to get off the ground.

If we can track down Peter 'cokey' Cocaine we are a shoe in. l am thinking it may be better held at the Loo as the cricketers keep it in good nick and no need to rely on the dobbies to bail the oval.

We would get ashy's pub (mathoura) to supply the red devils, l am sure he has a large supply on hand at all time.

Don't forget to honour the Centenary goalkickers !

Kerry McCormick - 1973 – 114 – Mathoura – Echuca DFL
Jeff Milne – 1982 – 125 – Bamawm – Echuca DFL
Wayne Eeles - 1984 - 110 - Lockington – Echuca DFL
Wayne Eeles - 1986 - 107 - Lockington – Echuca DFL
Tony Jones - 1988 - 113 - Bunnaloo – Echuca DFL

bloody hell if we can get big bird on board it will be a sell out for sure, and if we can't fid the jumpers l am sure ig bird can wip some up for us at $100 a pop??

does flipflop evans still run sportpower as he could put up a flyer in the window to drum up a bit of interest, not that bigfooty won't get the word spread like wild fire down Mittiamo and/or Perricotta Road but its all about publicity.

l agree with acky that a shite load of melbournes will be required for this thing to get off the ground.

If we can track down Peter 'cokey' Cocaine we are a shoe in. l am thinking it may be better held at the Loo as the cricketers keep it in good nick and no need to rely on the dobbies to bail the oval.

We would get ashy's pub (mathoura) to supply the red devils, l am sure he has a large supply on hand at all time.

I like it ! this has more legs than a vietnam vets convention :eek: I reckon Cokey would be bang up for it , did a bit of work for him not so long ago and I'm not saying much but he may or may not have a score to settle with Peter Dobson ;)

Also ran into Doc Phyland this morning but I neglected to mention this but if I had of we all know he'd be out kicking square bales post high over the dairy and running shuttle runs in readyness .

I think there may have to be a grandfather/father/son rule .I want to know if going to Scott Adams's 21st at the extention hall qualifies me for a run?

Don't forget to honour the Centenary goalkickers !

Kerry McCormick - 1973 – 114 – Mathoura – Echuca DFL
Jeff Milne – 1982 – 125 – Bamawm – Echuca DFL
Wayne Eeles - 1984 - 110 - Lockington – Echuca DFL
Wayne Eeles - 1986 - 107 - Lockington – Echuca DFL
Tony Jones - 1988 - 113 - Bunnaloo – Echuca DFL

nice stats todman, you wouldnt happen to know/be one of these goal kickers? Still good anyhow, pretty hard to find anything on the echuca league seeing it pre dates the internet. maybe you can dig up some other stats:thumbsu:

Bunnaloo Ballyhoo, maybe you could tell me if there is any former player from bunnaloo still playing today. I dont think they had any juniors in the last year of the EFL so they would have to be around the 14-16 age bracket in 1988 which would make them 34+, maybe they are running around for the timber cutters, good luck looey or any one else in the know!!!

The Bamawm Extension Football Netball Club is having a 20 year reunion!
For past players and supporters.

Where: Bamawm Extension Hall
When: Sat 12th April, 2008, 7pm

Tickets $25 a head

For more detail contact: Allan and judy Mckay on 54821379
Phillip Evans at Sportspower Echuca
Denise McInnes at Bennets sports store Echuca

I played one game for Bamawm Extension as fill in at Echuca East one day in '87 does that count as a former player. had a lot of family playing at the Tigers in '87 who would probably go to the reunion.

I played one game for Bamawm Extension as fill in at Echuca East one day in '87 does that count as a former player. had a lot of family playing at the Tigers in '87 who would probably go to the reunion.

not sure what qualifies morgs? i didnt get an actual invite myself, just read it off the parents fridge. Thought i would help spread the word on the big footy forum!

nice stats todman, you wouldnt happen to know/be one of these goal kickers? Still good anyhow, pretty hard to find anything on the echuca league seeing it pre dates the internet. maybe you can dig up some other stats:thumbsu:

Bunnaloo Ballyhoo, maybe you could tell me if there is any former player from bunnaloo still playing today. I dont think they had any juniors in the last year of the EFL so they would have to be around the 14-16 age bracket in 1988 which would make them 34+, maybe they are running around for the timber cutters, good luck looey or any one else in the know!!!

Bandit to my knowledge there is no-one still having a crack, but l am not up with happenings at the timber cutters as l prefer to not venture through that town anymore, can't talk about the incident, but all l can say is the Pal Brothers were not involved. Makes it bloody hard to get to Picnic Point when you can't go through Thoura but l manage.

Bandit to my knowledge there is no-one still having a crack, but l am not up with happenings at the timber cutters as l prefer to not venture through that town anymore, can't talk about the incident, but all l can say is the Pal Brothers were not involved. Makes it bloody hard to get to Picnic Point when you can't go through Thoura but l manage.

I thought you would do most of your fishing in the swan not the murray there Looy! it must take while to get to picnic point via Tocumwal :D what about the hartshorne's pretty sure there is a couple still having a run with mathoura and with a bit of practice they could get up to the blistering pace of extention v loo match .

I thought you would do most of your fishing in the swan not the murray there Looy! it must take while to get to picnic point via Tocumwal :D what about the hartshorne's pretty sure there is a couple still having a run with mathoura and with a bit of practice they could get up to the blistering pace of extention v loo match .

Swan, what swan you talking about leathal? the only swan l know is the long necked black duck that used to eat all the rice crop (back in the day when we had water), they roast up all right in the camp oven to those long necks.

Anyway back to the game at hand, l was talking to teddy hartshorn at tennis on the weekend and he has got a couple of family members over at the timbercutters but they only ever played under 10's but they will do.
l really think this ting will gain some momentum after the 12 April gig that bandit was talking about, would love to gate crash with the green and gold on but the dobbie boys might touch me up.

bandit we will require a after function report to find out if there is any discussion regarding "The Match".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan, what swan you talking about leathal? the only swan l know is the long necked black duck that used to eat all the rice crop (back in the day when we had water), they roast up all right in the camp oven to those long necks.

Anyway back to the game at hand, l was talking to teddy hartshorn at tennis on the weekend and he has got a couple of family members over at the timbercutters but they only ever played under 10's but they will do.
l really think this ting will gain some momentum after the 12 April gig that bandit was talking about, would love to gate crash with the green and gold on but the dobbie boys might touch me up.

bandit we will require a after function report to find out if there is any discussion regarding "The Match".

got a message of dobby today Looy , he will be back for a bit not sure how long but a wide berth might be the plan . So you just stay that side of the nullabor til the coast is clear ;)

Old Echuca league fact : Ewen Young of the Lockington F.C. won the league medal in the ones at the age of 15 playing full back . maybe a record !

loo, i think the loo side will predominately be made up of hartshorns and edgars! Thats a given... See if you can scratch up someone that might have some blood from another family tree. good luck:confused:

ack, what year did ewan young recieve this accolade?

loo, i think the loo side will predominately be made up of hartshorns and edgars! Thats a given... See if you can scratch up someone that might have some blood from another family tree. good luck:confused:

we may have a few hartshorns and edgars but they would be far out weighted by the number of sauce heads (hereford) running around at bx. tell me was there some sort of mad rooting bloodnut back in the day running around the area sowing his royal oats? that has always puzzled me.

As for the jumpers they have been located, with only minimal moth damage, so no need to be ripped off by big bird.

we may have a few hartshorns and edgars but they would be far out weighted by the number of sauce heads (hereford) running around at bx. tell me was there some sort of mad rooting bloodnut back in the day running around the area sowing his royal oats? that has always puzzled me.

As for the jumpers they have been located, with only minimal moth damage, so no need to be ripped off by big bird.

you are a clown , i never understood why you never merged with barmah , shaun charles , henry button , laurie agg . what produce ! forget the jumpers Naps was in for a fitting for swampdonkey's wedding and he said john carter has lost it , he keeps talking of bunnaloo as it were vietnam . " it was terribvle man there was edgar everywhere , man " flashbacks must be bad , hey?

you are a clown , i never understood why you never merged with barmah , shaun charles , henry button , laurie agg . what produce ! forget the jumpers Naps was in for a fitting for swampdonkey's wedding and he said john carter has lost it , he keeps talking of bunnaloo as it were vietnam . " it was terribvle man there was edgar everywhere , man " flashbacks must be bad , hey?

do you actually think the Rankin's, Rinaldy's would ever merge with barmah, you really have lost it. the only thing barmah is famous for is having the river flow the wrong way under the bridge (always spun me out that did).

anyway bandit how are the plans for the bx reunion going? do you have some flyers for mrs dobbie to hand out at the door re:the match.

bandit, 12 April has passed, please provide a report on the BX Reunion.

from all reports it went off with out a hitch , 200 plus there. khe shan echoed across the paddocks , heard for miles

didnt end up going down for a look loo as i was a bit worn out from footy but from all reports was a big success, more like 400 went acky! you lockington pricks are always trying to talk us tigers down.

Sad to say the match will have to be abandoned as there wasnt any one at the reunion under a 50 inch waste line but i knew that all along;)

didnt end up going down for a look loo as i was a bit worn out from footy but from all reports was a big success, more like 400 went acky! you lockington pricks are always trying to talk us tigers down.

Sad to say the match will have to be abandoned as there wasnt any one at the reunion under a 50 inch waste line but i knew that all along;)

200 plus 200 then .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back