Roast Basil Zempilas......

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting outside Floreat Forum with a few mates during smoko when Basil jumps out of his BMW in his Julius Marlos. One of the lads said to him, "Nice shoes Baz," and he turns around gives us a thumbs up and says, "thanks boys!" We pissed ourselves.

haha - haven't got my glasses on and on a quick reading I thought your mate said, "Nice schnoz Baz."

Talk about predictive reading - I had no problem with the rest of it... :D

I had an ex-gf live next door to Basil years ago, he should have installed a revolving door the amount stunning woman rolling through there was impressive. Talked to him a few times seemed nice enough.

Wonder if any of them were called Lola? L-O-L-A Lola.

Last edited:
Has Roly dropped him? The last interview on Seven I saw a smidgen of was Barich on Roly, not Snotgobbler!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never commentate a Fremantle Dockers game ever again. His clear hatred for them always ******* shows and it is the worst thing to hear during the game. Even if he wasn't a West Coast fan or even hated Fremantle, he still sucks as a commentator and should stop right now.

When Freo kick a goal: "Nice goal to Fremantle...."
When Freo's opponent kicks a goal: "WHAT A HUGE GOAL! GREAT STUFF!"

Basil shouldn't be commentating anything.

I'd prefer to listen to possums having sex than him calling a game.

He has to have something incriminating on someone powerful stashed in a bank vault somewhere... it's the only plausible explanation.

Basil shouldn't be commentating anything.

I'd prefer to listen to possums having sex than him calling a game.

He has to have something incriminating on someone powerful stashed in a bank vault somewhere... it's the only plausible explanation.
I thought it was a requirement for afl commentators to be a general pain in the behind. I mean, BT, Sandy Roberts, Gerald Healy and friends can't all have something incrimminating in someone..

I thought it was a requirement for afl commentators to be a general pain in the behind. I mean, BT, Sandy Roberts, Gerald Healy and friends can't all have something incrimminating in someone..

Basil is particularly horrid. Particularly talentless. And particularly lacking in any apparent reason for being an AFL commentator. (As are many of them, I agree, except for the dubious qualification of 'once playing the game'.)

He's simply an alacritous enthusiast who has scored a gig.

BT I can understand why he's there - I hate him though. Same with Gerard. Hamish has a convenient brother. And so it goes.

But Basil is like a see-through wetsuit: no reason for being, completely from left field, unspeakably distasteful and horribly visible. Something that everyone cringes at. And one where we're all left with the same question: why?

Didn't know where else to put this but laughed.

h8866076A

Didn't know where else to put this but laughed.

h8866076A

Hehe, gave me a chuckle. In truth, the general in game commentators of the US sports are pretty good, but some of their 'expert' colour commentators (as they call them) particularly of the NFL worse than ours, and that's saying something.

They look and sound like they all have to fail a concussion test before they're given a gig.

Listening to the Shield game on Sport FM and heard that Ben Cameron is leaving.

Am hoping he is being groomed for a higher profile media career.

Ben Cameron with laryngitis > Baz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back