Phantom Draft Bastyy's 2019 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

NIGHT 1 WINNERS

-Fremantle: Obviously biased. Young and Serong were both overrated in my view but the Top 20 of this draft is so good that it's hard to be angry about them. Especially considering neither were considered chances to land here just 2 weeks ago
In your October Phantom you had Young and Serong at 3 and 4. Actually that was a pretty common ranking around the board until a bit of media/club intel started to find its way out into the public. Reagardless of personal preferences those two are highly rated, and pretty much ready to play.

In your October Phantom you had Young and Serong at 3 and 4. Actually that was a pretty common ranking around the board until a bit of media/club intel started to find its way out into the public. Reagardless of personal preferences those two are highly rated, and pretty much ready to play.
I had them pretty early based on needs for those clubs and just where I saw them going. Top 20 in this draft is all ridiculously good and even imo.

Apparently we are using our last two picks 62 and 72 now , any ideas?? , do we go with one of the nominated academy kids , a mature ager or someone else
I'm assuming the Suns might want another developing ruckman to go alongside Conroy, so I think Ben Kelly is a chance at 62. 72 I'd take Josh Gore if he's still on the board. I think that even with Rosas pre listed I would have taken him if I managed the Suns

I'm assuming the Suns might want another developing ruckman to go alongside Conroy, so I think Ben Kelly is a chance at 62. 72 I'd take Josh Gore if he's still on the board. I think that even with Rosas pre listed I would have taken him if I managed the Suns
I thought GCSs did add Gore a couple of days ago before the deadline.

For me i think North are the big winners

They traded for Melbourne's 1st rounder for 2020 and did another trade to get #30 from hawks for very little and now have 3 selections 28/29/32 and with 10 touted 1st rounders left they will get 3 very very nice players and 2 1st rounders in 2020

Carlton are the losers because of Philp? You had him going at pick 29 and he went at 22, not a huge reach I would have thought. You also had Kemp in your initial rankings as the 2nd best player of the crop.
Context is that for a speedy midfielder, Jay Rantall was still on the board, and a trade up for Philp seems a reach. I had Philp going to Sydney at 29 because that's what Sydney need and Rantall is gone at that point. After 29 I would have next considered him for 37 maybe? I get what you mean however.

Kemp is still a great pick however

For me i think North are the big winners

They traded for Melbourne's 1st rounder for 2020 and did another trade to get #30 from hawks for very little and now have 3 selections 28/29/32 and with 10 touted 1st rounders left they will get 3 very very nice players and 2 1st rounders in 2020
Definitely agree. They have a pretty good chance of grabbing Rivers/Gould/Sharp with those picks. They'll be my overall draft winners if they pick at least 1 or 2 of those 3

Carlton are the losers because of Philp? You had him going at pick 29 and he went at 22, not a huge reach I would have thought. You also had Kemp in your initial rankings as the 2nd best player of the crop.

I think it's a waste of a pick that could have gotten a top 10 quality player. Turning pick 9 into a pair like Kemp and Robertson, or Kemp and Gould, would have been an amazing first round. Kemp and Philp is a good combination, but also a bit of a waste of what could have been an amazing combination.

Early 2020
And with 2019 done, it's time to start preparing for 2020.

Here's a very very early top 20

1. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Tall Forward/Vic Metro) (Western Bulldogs Academy)
2. Elijah Hollands (General Forward/Vic Country)
3. Errol Gulden (Inside Midfielder/Allies) (Sydney Academy)
4. Denver Grainger-Barrass (Tall Defender/Western Australia)
5. Will Phillips (Inside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
6. Riley Thiltorpe (Tall Forward/South Australia)
7. Zane Trew (Inside Midfielder/Western Australia)
8. Luke Edwards (Inside Midfielder/South Australia) (Adelaide F/S)
9. Tanner Bruhn (Inside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
10. Nathan O'Driscoll (Inside Midfielder/Western Australia)

11. Joel Western (Small Forward/Western Australia) (Freo NGA)
12. Braeden Campbell (Inside Midfielder/Allies) (Sydney Academy)
13. Sam Collins (General Defence/Tasmania)
14. Alex Davies (Inside Midfielder/Allies) (Gold Coast Academy)
15. Reef McInnes (Inside Midfielder/Vic Metro) (Collingwood NGA)
16. Logan McDonald (Tall Forward/Western Australia)
17. Finlay Macrae (Outside Midfielder/Vic Metro)
18. Heath Chapman (Tall Defender/Western Australia)
19. Kaine Baldwin (Tall Forward/South Australia)
20. Sam Berry (Inside Midfielder/Vic Country)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back