Mod. Notice Be stupid, win stupid prizes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
First, my apologies to the majority of posters on this board to whom this post does not apply.

Over the last 13 years I've been on here (OTP was my second incarnation) I used to religiously follow who was in what clique and who was an alias of who and who was reinventing themselves with new identities. I thought it was part of being a good mod and keeping on top of the board.

However that is absolutely not the case. Nobody gives a toss and those who do, shouldn't. Especially those who are perennially miffed and those who mash the report button at the drop of a misplaced capital letter.

This is a footy board, for talking footy. I've said before, don't post anything here that you wouldn't say in person in a crowded aftermatch function. There are plenty of other boards on BigFooty where shitposting and niggle is tolerated and considered amusing. Witty banter is encouraged here but constant barbs and "xx is an alias of yy" just drives away those who WOULD post here but feel like outsiders - and also previous worthy contributors who have left because of the garbage posts. Take it elsewhere.

I'm not going to be mucking around. All options are on the table, to borrow a phrase. If you don't like being pulled up, I'm happy for you to take it higher. Just be aware that I have probably already privately discussed any action at a higher level and a "waaah not fair" appeal to the gods may indeed backfire with a "manifestly inadequate" response and imposition of a harsher penalty from those less easy-going and tolerant than myself.

My role here is not that of a teachers aide on playground duty at a primary school for the challenged. Stop making it like one and we'll all be happy and this will be a far better board as a result.

Rules:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back