Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Please. I watched him live. He is cooked after 1 effort. At one stage his man ran off him and got involved 40m downfield and Ginnivan was walking with his hand in his hips. He has zero tank.
I also watched him live. You are simply inventing things, as per

A fumbly night for McCreery tonight. And as couple of times he tried to manufacture a pass when he should have shot for goal himself. Let’s keep backing him in. He’ll deliver when most needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought he had a poor game. He is just not great with the ball in hand. Fumbled a bit, made some poor decisions, and executed some poor disposals. Needs to clear up his cleaness with the ball, because he can't stay in the side purely as a defensive contributor in my view.

I thought he had a poor game. He is just not great with the ball in hand. Fumbled a bit, made some poor decisions, and executed some poor disposals. Needs to clear up his cleaness with the ball, because he can't stay in the side purely as a defensive contributor in my view.
Did some excellent things too but after watching the replay I saw how many times he dropped marks and double grabbed the pill at critical moments.

He wasn't Robinson Crusoe here! He had plenty of company. I'm willing to cut him some slack as it was his first final. He'll be better for the run and I expect he will go better this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many retired player/commentators saying the final had more pressure than they had ever witnessed, an epic call. Given a few of our lads were in their first final, I'll forgive them a few fumbles and mistakes. Now, what they have to do is suck all that up, exhale and be at their very best next week.

Please. I watched him live. He is cooked after 1 effort. At one stage his man ran off him and got involved 40m downfield and Ginnivan was walking with his hand in his hips. He has zero tank.

It is an area he needs to work on but is also only 19.

Ditto McCreery again 2nd year player.

Both are only going to improve in coming seasons not go backwards.

Just about all our finals debutants we’re down a bit. Not sure why anyone is shocked by this

Even Nick Daicos took a half to adjust he was uncharacteristicly panicky in the first half.

The second half he calmed and improved.

Would imagine this weekend the others will know what to expect and bring.

Even Nick Daicos took a half to adjust he was uncharacteristicly panicky in the first half.

I thought that Nick had an excellent first quarter, faded in the second, and then worked back into the game.

I've just tried to find quarter-by-quarter stats to see if I'm mad, but no go.

I thought that Nick had an excellent first quarter, faded in the second, and then worked back into the game.

I've just tried to find quarter-by-quarter stats to see if I'm mad, but no go.

He found the ball but was not his usual calm self in that first half.

Thought he was much more assured and clean after half time.

He wasn't alone and not a criticism of him, both teams took time to adjust to the pressure.

More pointing out if the top liners struggled to adjust then so will players who are working on flaws in regular games.

This is a very ordinary thing to say about a player who actually did OK.

We watching the same game? I was at the ground and I can tell you you're miles off in your appraisal of his contribution.

He worked his butt off all game and impacted many contests.

He is no dud. This is only your lonely view.

EDIT: The way posters who are meant to be fans can turn on a player is woeful. Are the same people in the Mihocek thread bagging him for the easy misses?

Well said mate...

I have been a long term fan of McCreery as a player. His speed, hardness, kicking, understanding of when to run with the ball or not and of course his tackling are the positives in his game. They make me think of a good inside midfielder. The negatives have been his low possession rate, a tendency to fumble, and perhaps a lack of endurance. (Not sure about this)
In the final he got more of the ball, but fumbled more when he placed himself to have a dominant game. (perhaps another 6 to 8 possessions, including a couple of dropped marks). Only the fumbling bothers me. Finals pressure may account for it, but he has a bit of history. If he cleans this up, he will be a star.

He wasn't Robinson Crusoe here! He had plenty of company. I'm willing to cut him some slack as it was his first final. He'll be better for the run and I expect he will go better this week.
Yeah agree the slipping over (sidey near the end was costly) and fumbling was certainly on show against the handbaggers.

Everything is relative. Compare Beau's game to Geelong's direct comparison Gryan invisible Myers. it was a cauldron. Beau put his head over the ball, tried his guts out and fumbled a bit. Gryan on the other hand didn't fumble all day, largely because he didn't get near it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back