Ben Sharpe are you serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

The story I heard is that Gary was next in line for the spliff when everyone was just chillin after a big party, but Cuz skipped him and gave it to Mainy instead, so Gary's been pissed off ever since, It is also the reason why he slept with his best mates misses 10 years later and has had mental health issues.

Curiously no mental health issues before he did the dirty on Billy

I used to have a bit of respect for Garry, but he's as narcissistic as they come

Melbourne Demons legend Garry Lyon said it is clear that there is more to the story than is publicly known about the West Coast Eagles’ drugs problems.

Brownlow Medallist Ben Cousins is due back in court in June over an outstanding drug charge while club legend Chris Mainwaring died in 2007 following a cocaine binge.

“We all know the volatile, volcanic behaviours that were going on through that period,” Lyon told SEN’s Garry, Tim and Hamish.

“It’s an untold story still there.”

Looking good Gazza! The break has done him the world of good! Doing his Demis Roussos impression.....

Looking good Gazza! The break has done him the world of good! Doing his Demis Roussos impression.....

Me kick football, me deserve spot in media.

It's a farking joke. Best footy media personalities of the last 20 years have all been non players.
Crybas, Bruce, Dennis, Huddo...

Gary Lyon helped make playing footy a misery for indigenous players in the 90's by his own admission. Ask Chris's Lewis his opinion on Lyon

I don't give a s**t what his opinion is and he's the last one to be pointing fingers

Very few that age who wouldn't want to get loose with their idols

Exactly. Much of the clubs core group of senior players were partying hard. As an impressionable 18 year old would you go with the flow and try and bond with the senior players or say no thanks I don't do drugs?

People are asking a lot for a 18 year old to say no to this. It's not surprising, it won't be the last time it comes up and it is pretty clear that back then the club and a large group of players had a drug problem.

But we took a hit, sacked quite a few and retired others earlier than they would have been had there no been a problem. From 2007 on we put winning on field down the list of priorities and cleaned up our club.

People like blaming others for the mistakes they've made but I do believe the environment at that time would have shaped the lives of many individuals.

As an impressionable 18 year old would you go with the flow and try and bond with the senior players or say no thanks I don't do drugs?

I know what my answer would've been, I'm no saint. After idolizing some of the best in the game if I got invited into their inner sanctum to bond and party....

Those types of invitations would turn even the straight edged kids I reckon. They would ask about the risks of being caught and confide in the wise words of the more experienced that they had found the loopholes and such.

Did Ben Sharpe's brother, you know, the one he committed the armed robbery with blame the eagles too? Such a b**lshit excuse and Lyon has always had a vendetta against us for whatever reason. I'm sure Ben's 3 years with us didn't help him, but to blame it as the main reason he committed armed robbery 10+ years later seems a bit of a stretch.

Me kick football, me deserve spot in media.

It's a farking joke. Best footy media personalities of the last 20 years have all been non players.
Crybas, Bruce, Dennis, Huddo...
I know he didn't play VFL/AFL but Dennis had 40 odd games for West Perth and was on Footscray's list. He also coached West Perth as well.

The day when you stand in front of a mirror and stop blaming everyone else for your problems is the day you change

I've been an addictions/counsllr for five years and I wish him the best but seriously blaming the team or others for your choices is poor

You chose to stick the needle in or use the pipe ....I get my clients to take responsibility not blame others

Move along please nothing to see her Mr sharp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back