Competitions BF Essendon Knockout Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a footy tipping comp you all might have played before but with a slight difference.

Just tip one game for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

Please be aware that this comp is different to the usual pick 1 winner a week each week, this comp requires all 23 picks to be made and sent to me before round 1.
Please also tip who you think will finish 10th after round 23.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong... then you are knocked out of the competition - A drawn game will count as a loss, you must tip a winner

The last person in the comp wins.

If there are more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 10th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZES:
1. A nice shiny forum badge - confirmed by Chief as ok, will be in the form of a boxing glove with KO on it.

2. A copy of the "Glory & Fame - The Rise & Rise of the Essendon Football Club" Book.
A good way to support the bomber shop and a nice read for the winner, link is below :

https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.c...SubCategoryID=2196&ProductID=27171&OrgID=1769

I would like to restrict it to the Essendon board as it may get too difficult to organise and maintain

Your tips need to be lodged through to myself via PM or email (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 5:00pm on Friday 14 March 2014 (It's the Friday when round 1 begins). Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips until Friday 14 March at 5:00pm. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips:

bgt2110
R1: Collingwood
R2: Sydney
R3: Adelaide
R4: Essendon
R5: Richmond
R22: West Coast
R23: Fremantle

10th Place: Port Adelaide

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. You are welcome to send me your tips straight away.

This was an original comp started by GordonBlue who has welcomed its use on the Essendon board.

Confirmed Entries : Tips given to me entered in blue, Tips confirmed by me as compliant in red

bgt2110 - I will post my selections in this thread on the 14th March for transparency
Big Fresh
Mercuri Rising
Synth
Doss

Scezza
bombre-boy
rines
Bengali Bomber
eth-dog
bergerson33

Ashton Agar
BigJoeD
Shermy
Dolner
Jaxes
TheDinosaur
BrewSmackerVeiny
Orazio2Joe
Jade
DonsRule
Romm
Beerfish
Essendonia

Capt_Blackadder
Ben The Gooner
timbo3195
Air_Chester

oddsok

My Tips :
Hawthorn
Fremantle
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Richmond
Collingwood
Fremantle
Collingwood
Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Adelaide

10th Place : Adelaide

Last edited:

In.

Just a side note, everyone- the conventional tipping competition will be created by myself shortly. It just isn't fully up and running yet, since the changeover a few weeks ago.

In. Probably out first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just clarifying, can the same "loser" be chosen two weeks in a row?

Yes, as long as you don't tip the same team to lose more than 5 times, can tip them 5 weeks in a row if you feel like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back