BFFCL Cricket Captain 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the new variation of the BFFCL.

This year it will run in a Team Management format (similar to the video game Cricket Captain), whereas those that are interested will be able to run their own fictional cricket team with fake players.

How this would start:
Things would start with a snake draft, with fictional players with a range of stats. There will be enough players and options to fill a 15 man squad.
This would be followed by the season, approximately 10 games per team in a round robin format.
At the conclusion of the season, player averages would be adjusted according to how they performed during the season, and a period or trades and delistings.
This would then go onto to another draft of players that were delisted and new players to start the following season.

Those that are interested, please show your interest below.
This is also a game that people on the main board may be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I now have the sim back on my computer and working again, I was thinking about restarting some variation of this. I am going to stay away from the traditional sense of this league, as KP may have plans to reboot this as part of the SFA, known as the SCA.

So with that in thought, I was thinking about running a managerial version of of ICC T20 WC or the 2022/23 BBL.
The squads for the WC are already set, but if we were to replicate the BBL, I would like to redo the draft properly and not the s**t show that it was.

I have a few options for restarting this.
I am not looking towards restarting this competition in the traditional sense, unless we can set up a few committed people that can run this in the background behind the SFA.

Alternatively, I have three different ideas that all revolve around the real world cricket.
1. Restarting the CricSim League that I ran for about a month over covid, whereby players take over country selection and we follow International calender, and sim games accordingly.
2. Simulating the T20 leagues, starting from the BBL, and using a draft system, then rotating that into the next T20 tournament. This idea of recruiting players for the franchise and getting them to play each of your teams around the world. General T20 selection rules would apply on international selections.
3. A Fantasy sport system mirroring Dream11, where people will be able to select their squad of players and Fantasy points for that week. You'd select a squad for the week (mon-sun) and then be able to trade at the end of each week for other players. Players would be able to play any format of of the game (cricinfo recognized) and get fantasy points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back