BFFCL One Day Team of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like I did for the T20 comp, I will be doing a team of the week for the One Day and Test competitions. This will be purely based off my own opinion on how each player performed during their games. I will try my best to select players in the position that they played, but if slight changes need to be made, I will do so.

This thread is for the ONE DAY team of the week. At the end of the season, I will be selecting a team of the year based upon the statistics of all players that played in the one day competition this season.

Team of the Week.png

Team of the week, week 1.

The first round of One Dayers is done and there were a few standout players. With the bat it was Melbourne Bolts captain Fizzler that led the league with a splendid ton opening the batting. Opening with him is another captain, from the Red Centre Kangaroos it is Ant Bear with a splendid knock of 76. Coming in at 3 is the corndog from the Blue Mountain Bounders. He was the star batsman for them, accounting for nearly 50 of runs scored off the bat. Coming in at number 4 from the Bolts is nahnah who peeled off a beautiful 78, playing second fiddle to his skipper in their win. The number 5 spot is taken up by yet another captain with iBeng leading his West Coast Whales in defeat, scoring 70 not out. At 6 we have former Roo turned Phoenix, NaturalDisaster. ND did indeed bat at 4 but all of the number 6's this week were putrid (including myself). At number 7 I went with the Northern Phoenix wicket keeper Agent93. He opened the batting this week but he was the best of the keepers so he slots in nicely at 7. The bowlers this week I went with Melbourne Bolt, Doctor Gero (3/36), star Roo akkaps (6/36) and Phoenix pair spookism (3/16) and Golumless (4/46).

For his splendid knock of 124, Fizzler is the captain this week.

fuVcQiD.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha.. I would love to pitch a proper playing 11 against this one on a batting friendly road.
Sure, we'll make 438 batting first and roll your "proper 11" for under 200.

Great stuff The Half Back

I agree that the one-day team would look better with a minimum of 5 players capable of bowling in it, maybe with at least one all rounder to give all-rounders a better chance to make the team. I'm not taking the time to put the team together though so can't really complain.

Great stuff The Half Back

I agree that the one-day team would look better with a minimum of 5 players capable of bowling in it, maybe with at least one all rounder to give all-rounders a better chance to make the team. I'm not taking the time to put the team together though so can't really complain.
Maybe the leagues all rounders can pull their fingers out in week 2 then ;)

Here is the one day team for week two.

This top four in our team of the week all managed to score centuries in the same week. The most prolific T20 batsman Cockarfitt lead the Bolts with a score of 124 and this week he is partnered with Van_Dyke from the West Coast Whales after he scored a round high 148 in a losing side. Three and four in this side are both from the Northern Phoenix, namely Paddles_ and NaturalDisaster after they scored 105 and 106 respectively. There was few and far between in terms of scores, with sportsmaniac89 filling out the pure batsman in the side notching 58 for the Bounders. PeanutButter Pies is the first of our all-rounders in the team this week with the best figures of 4/26 to go along with his unbeaten 18 with the bat. TJASTA was the best of the keepers this week putting on 54 opening the batting for the Dolphins. Tony Lynn 15 deserved to be higher in the order but he still makes the side at number 8 after pairing a quick fire 16 with his 3/54 with the ball. Our three bowlers this week consist of the Brisbane Dolphin Test Tickle (3/39), Northern Phoenician spookism (4/50) and Melbourne Bolt Gough (3/39).

After his brilliant knock of 148, Van_Dyke is the skipper this week.

1547364580517.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back