Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

debunker

Team Captain
Dec 19, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Please lock this thread to stop it becoming a discussion, but I thought that people would like to know that the lawyers for the Mccann Family have written to Tony Bennett adding his posting here to his alleged libelling of the McCanns.

The case is due to be held on the 29th and 30th January and postings from this forum will be part of the case. Well done.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6...-v-bennett-here-s-my-reply-sent-to-them-today

"I am in receipt of your e-mailed letter yesterday (4 January).

In that letter, you and your clients take exception to two internet postings of mine, one on the Jill Havern forum (‘Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann’) on 19 November 2012, and the other on the Australian ‘BigFooty’ discussion site on 19 December 2012.

You state in your letter that “These postings clearly breach the undertakings which you gave to the court on 25 November 2009 and which are the subject of the contempt application”.

You give details of extracts from those two postings which, you say, “…undoubtedly allege that there are, at the very least, grounds to suspect our clients of causing the alleged death of their daughter and/or of lying about what happened and/or of seeking to cover up what they had done”.

On page 2 of your letter, you describe these as “flagrant contempts of Court”.

You add on page 3 that: “You have treated your obligations to the Court (in the form of your undertakings to the Court) with the utmost derision…”

You proceed to add that: “…your conduct has caused and continues to cause our clients very considerable distress and upset”. I assume from that passage of your letter that your clients have read the two postings in question which you say have caused them ‘very considerable’ distress and upset."

Very interesting I reckon Chief

He is but a minor part of my universe- half an hour a day at most between serious writing- keeps me amused. Looking forward to the court case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back