Bioshock - Looking forward to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I will very likely be in the 'disappointed' camp. When you take a truly great original (SS2) and try to doll it up for the masses, you invariably are going to lose a bit of what was unique about the series.

There has been talk about the RPG side of this title, and what they've said hasn't impressed me. Not expecting a full-blown RPG or anything, but I expect this department will be pretty shallow. As long as they get the atmosphere right though I'll be (partially) happy.

Actually, forget what I said. I'll reserve judgement until the thing comes out and I get to play it.:)

Prey was hyped up just as much but ended up in the 15 dollar bargain bin only a few months in. That's when I bought it and found it a good game but nothing special. I'll get Bioshock as I have a rig that can run it but what does it have that other FPS games don't have? Graphics excluded.

Prey was hyped up just as much but ended up in the 15 dollar bargain bin only a few months in. That's when I bought it and found it a good game but nothing special. I'll get Bioshock as I have a rig that can run it but what does it have that other FPS games don't have? Graphics excluded.

Prey was a decent game, but I thought it was way too repititive, and ripped off Doom 3 (Looked to have used the same gaming engine) way too much.

It looks alright, however I'm looking forward more to Halo 3 (Like everyone else), FIFA 2008, Mass Effect (Still haven't finished Oblivion :eek: ) and the new Turok which I think will be fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks alright, however I'm looking forward more to Halo 3 (Like everyone else), FIFA 2008, Mass Effect (Still haven't finished Oblivion :eek: ) and the new Turok which I think will be fantastic.

Yes how good will this be.
One week till Bioshock, three weeks till turok, and only five more weeks till Halo 3.

Gaming over the last four or five months has been rather average apart from a couple of gems, but now it really starts to pick up.

Hooray :thumbsu:

Hopefully all the elements of what made SS2 great: RPG elements, atmosphere, originality etc. I really despise pure FPS (don't donsider R6, GR, SS2 pure FPS) due to their shallowness, so I hope they didn't focus on the graphics, because that is the least important aspect AFAIC.

The main addition is being able to alter your dna using things like plasmids to get special abilities. Things like being able to shoot fire from your hands etc. become available early on. Looking at the demo, you use these abilities in a combo with normal weapons, or in special situations. Like if you see a bad guy standing in water, you can zap him with a electricty bolt from your hand.

Later abilities include telekinesis. You can pick up anything with your mind and hurl it at enemies, catch grenades in mid air with your mind and send them back etc etc.

This and what looks like a rather interesting, and pretty chilling story, make it a pretty nice looking game.

Played the demo last night and yeah, pretty impressive. The controls, and when to use certain abilities, and what tactics to use is hard to get used to at first, but that will add to the depth of the game.

I'll think i'll probably get it, but there are so many games coming out that i want, funds and time may force me to hold off for a little while.

Bit off topic but Will Halo 3 on PC be multiplayer online?

Of course,

i read somewhere you could play pc gamers using a 360, but i can't locate that now.

The game is getting some monster reviews.

PC Gamer - 95%
Eurogamer - 10/10
PC Zone - 96%
Game Informer - 10/10
Gaming Rader - 10/10

With its pedigree, the game was always going to be awesome... but these reviews still took me by surprise :eek:

just played it - real next gen look - stunning wen u are in the water with the plane going donw. interesting storyline as well. Will enjoy this more than halo methinks

In terms of the single player game maybe.

But with no multiplayer, it certainly won't have halo's longevity.

I'll be playing, and enjoying halo 3 online for years, like i have with halo 2. Bioshock will probably last me 2 weeks of on and off gaming.

Although they have said, no 2 playthroughs of bioshock will be the same, that'll make it worth maybe a couple of playthroughs

The game is getting some monster reviews.

PC Gamer - 95%
Eurogamer - 10/10
PC Zone - 96%
Game Informer - 10/10
Gaming Rader - 10/10

With its pedigree, the game was always going to be awesome... but these reviews still took me by surprise :eek:

That is rediculous. No game should be given a full 10/10, least not in the first week of it being available. How do they judge longevity? I remember games like Splinter Cell and GTA being the bees knees yet you barely hear a whimper about them these days. Whats the bet these same sites gave the aforementioned 2 games a 10/10.

Not saying its not a brilliant game, because I hope it is, but 10/10??? Pffft:rolleyes:. Its RPG system better be f*****g flawless...

Gotta give 10's to something.

From memory i can't remember any gta reviews getting 10's (from the independent sources anyway), mainly due to little graphical glitches. But honestly, look at any 10 score game from a few years back and you can have a giggle.

The bar keeps rising as machines get more impressive.

Just on the demo alone i can see this at the very least will be a 90% plus game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back