Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reckons the Papley deal will get done....* stance making it harder, and if Daniher deal not done, we may get forced to pay overs...hence Swans not budging at the moment until Dodo makes up his stinking mind.

If it don't, and the SOS meeting with Lions is true, possibly pick 9 for 16 and 21....Cutler potentially/hopefully traded for a lower pick as part of the package. Pick 21 secures Martin, and gives us a lower 1st round pick in the draft. Not sure about Taylor though...the trade with Swans will probably fall through if Papley stays.

I googled who the Brisbane Lions list manager is (who SOS was apparently having a coffee with), Dom Ambrogio, and read that he was Gold Goast’s rcruitment manager from 2008 to 2017. Maybe it had to do with gauging information and doing due diligence on Jack Martin and not necessarily a trade with Brisbane.

I don't think we're still in the "due diligence" phase with Martin, bud. We're committed.

I googled who the Brisbane Lions list manager is (who SOS was apparently having a coffee with), Dom Ambrogio, and read that he was Gold Goast’s rcruitment manager from 2008 to 2017. Maybe it had to do with gauging information and doing due diligence on Jack Martin and not necessarily a trade with Brisbane.
Might be comparing where they are at with the AhChee trade with GC to get a better idea of what we can get away with on the Martin deal.

Dodoro really is a ******* idiot. Holding up the entire trade period once again.

Clearly he never got told that time is money. The time he has burnt trying to squeeze Sydney has put Essendon out of the race for anyone else except Andrew ******* Phillips. Even Cutler looks like he's heading to us now. He's complaining there are no direct replacements for Daniher, how about you get the deal done nice and ******* early so you can back yourself in to find a half decent one by the end of trade period?

The fact that Philips requested a trade to * last night gives me hope.

This means * want him 1st of all. Now we need each other, obviously at different levels but the need is there.

I'd say it's all posturing till the finish line and Daniher will get to Swans and Papley to us.

Martin is a given regardless.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Philips must be worth at least a first and late 2nd round pick from *;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a few posters can't stand it....

In fairness to those posters they probably feel like they have spent the last 6.5 days standing on hot coals. The very same coals that should have been shovelled up the clackers of Gil and all list managers other than Geelong and West Coast (at least they got a big trade in early).

The AFL's choreography of this s**t show seems nothing short of disgraceful, they deserved to be sued by every employer of BF posters for poor productivity.

You're right, every time I start to get angry at Sydney for not trading a player that wants to leave, I remember how we handled Gibbs and try to put myself in their shoes.

Frustrating, but fair.
Whilst i do agree with you for the most part, if memory serves me correctly we weren't holding Gibbs to his contract in one hand and trying to pry a contracted player away from another team (i.e. Daniher) with the other. It just comes away as a bit hypocritical by the Swans.

As much as I want to pin this all on Dodo i feel like it's the Sydney who sounded out Daniher so its now incumbent on them to get the deal done just as it is with us to get the Papley deal done...IMO

Still reckons the Papley deal will get done....* stance making it harder, and if Daniher deal not done, we may get forced to pay overs...hence Swans not budging at the moment until Dodo makes up his stinking mind.

If it don't, and the SOS meeting with Lions is true, possibly pick 9 for 16 and 21....Cutler potentially/hopefully traded for a lower pick as part of the package. Pick 21 secures Martin, and gives us a lower 1st round pick in the draft. Not sure about Taylor though...the trade with Swans will probably fall through if Papley stays.

Daniher will get done, it's the Dodo way to be a pain in the ass. Wouldn't spend all day worrying or stressing over it, this is part of the crap mass manipulation the AFL wants us to buy into, especially to tune into the final 2 hours lIke Fox Footy.

It's rather sad how they are trying desperately to turn this circus into an NBA on ESPN type of event. It might work if Fox Sports had fun and decent presenters like Stephen A Smith and Paul Pierce, instead of humourless and clueless nuffies like Jon Ralph and David King.

For those of you who don’t know and are wondering why there have been no trades today.

Keeping television partners happy ...
By Peter Ryan

Just so you know, clubs aren’t allowed to officially lodge a trade (and its paperwork) until 3pm on deadline day.
Normally, on every other day of trade period, clubs can trade between 9am-5pm.
This ensures there's late drama on television tonight, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back