Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shaved my head today (my usual 'hairdo') but was too lazy to shave my stubble/beard.

My wife queried it and I replied that I was rocking the Adam Saad look.

Mr_Plow, is it possible for someone's eyes to roll backwards so hard they fall out via the ankles? Asking for a friend's wife...

You would be even happier if in two years, no one can throw egg on your face for this. :)
100% that is what I expect, have faith will happen. My feeling is that there is a reason that * requested Dow be part of the Saad deal and we knocked it back. I think the club too knows Dow’s talent and hope’s he can realise his potential. Time will tell. But as I said, I am happy to put myself out there for criticism if I am wrong but I truly feel he will surprise many.

I shaved my head today (my usual 'hairdo') but was too lazy to shave my stubble/beard.

My wife queried it and I replied that I was rocking the Adam Saad look.

Mr_Plow, is it possible for someone's eyes to roll backwards so hard they fall out via the ankles? Asking for a friend's wife...

I've never seen it, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible...

In any case, we all should be rocking the Adam Saad look round 1 next year at the G (if we can attend)!

Although the start to Walsh’s career has been amazing and Dow’s only average - I am going to risk being ridiculed here and say that I still think Dow has more upside than Walsh. I believe Walsh will be a 300 + gamer, a champion of the club and probably our next captain.

But... I am happy for anyone to come back at me in two years and throw egg on my face... I think Dow will put it together and with his burst speed and evasiveness - he will be one of the better players in the Como in the next 10 years. His season this year was a write off but he will break out and surprise next year. I think he will be more composed and that will in turn improve his kicking efficiency. I have faith he will be a gun.And like Walsh, a 300 gamer.
Love your optimism and Dow offers a point of difference, not more upside than Walsh though. Different strengths and Dow has many more weaknesses: tank, disposal by foot, confidence to back himself that ensues from consistency that only he can provide.

I know he hasn't had the best couple of years at our club, but McGovern will still be played by Teague.
And Jack plays as that 3rd tall.
I feel like we have other areas that need to be addressed this year and next ahead of another KPF.

Neither of them are key forwards though. Gov maybe if we've been absolutely decimated in that position.

100% that is what I expect, have faith will happen. My feeling is that there is a reason that * requested Dow be part of the Saad deal and we knocked it back. I think the club too knows Dow’s talent and hope’s he can realise his potential. Time will tell. But as I said, I am happy to put myself out there for criticism if I am wrong but I truly feel he will surprise many.

I am 100% behind you being right mate. I was thrilled that we didn’t end up trading Dow, you just don’t trade number 3 draft selections only 4 years removed. The talent is certainly there.

Somewhat preposterous
Maybe you’re right... but maybe many would have said ‘somewhat preposterous’ if after Simmo’s first 3 games that someone else expected he would play 350+ after doughnuts in disposals at that stage. Someone or more than one saw something in him.

I see some things in Dow that are elite. Walsh is a gun because he works hard and he has belief. But he doesn’t have elite speed or an elite kick. He is just super committed and consistent at everything. He is a soldier. He is a leader.

Give Dow that belief and I think he could be a star. But that’s just what I see in him.

“First to fourth-year players will return to training on Monday December 7 for a two-week block of training, while all other players will resume training on Wednesday January 6, 2021.“

Bizarre that the draft is on a Monday (night?) too. Straight off to training for a couple weeks pre-Xmas.

Hopefully a few senior players return for a hit out prior.

And the season to kick off around the same dates as normal, though without an AFL organised pre-season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you’re right... but maybe many would have said ‘somewhat preposterous’ if after Simmo’s first 3 games that someone else expected he would play 350+ after doughnuts in disposals at that stage. Someone or more than one saw something in him.

I see some things in Dow that are elite. Walsh is a gun because he works hard and he has belief. But he doesn’t have elite speed or an elite kick. He is just super committed and consistent at everything. He is a soldier. He is a leader.

Give Dow that belief and I think he could be a star. But that’s just what I see in him.
Love your optimism on Dow.
Though you’re seriously underestimating Walsh if you think his elite trait is hard work & self belief. You don’t step, kick and goal in 3 steps from 50, you don’t go back with the flight and mark like he did. You simply don’t do what he has done in his first two seasons unless you have elite traits.
Don’t let his overall consistency mask what an elite overall talent he is. Walsh is a special footballer. We’d be KOTD if Dow matches Walsh at any level. Let’s hope he can.

I think Dow's got more tricks, but will that beat Walshy's superior gut running and repeat efforts?

Daw is clearly the best short term option. Can cover kpf/ruck/kpd on a rookie contract. A clear upgrade on Moore. Just need to know where his head is at. Only needs to be a crash and bash stop gap.
this again.....

If Dow hardens up, gets super fit, he could end up Treloar-esque.

He could also be done at the level in a few years. But the best case scenario IS still on the cards for mine. He’s been disappointing to date, but he’s young and I sense he’s young for his age, too.

Love your optimism on Dow.
Though you’re seriously underestimating Walsh if you think his elite trait is hard work & self belief. You don’t step, kick and goal in 3 steps from 50, you don’t go back with the flight and mark like he did. You simply don’t do what he has done in his first two seasons unless you have elite traits.
Don’t let his overall consistency mask what an elite overall talent he is. Walsh is a special footballer. We’d be KOTD if Dow matches Walsh at any level. Let’s hope he can.
Walsh has a million elite traits. Most elite is knowing where the ball is going, closely followed by capacity to get to where ball is going. His ground ball get game is elite elite. When he plays on ball full time he will be too few in the comp at ground ball gets.

Am I greedy for wanting Cripps, Williams, Setterfield, Walsh, Dow, Stoker, Kemp, O'Brien and Kennedy to become similar to the Bulldogs midfield depth?
If we had the dogs midfield depth we are in the premiership window for a long time. Here’s hoping all of the above mentioned turn into guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back