Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps re-signing is important, but Harry's is the crucial one
I'm not saying Cripps re-singing isn't important, after all he's probably the best inside mid in the comp, and our captain too. However when it comes to quality, A grade, elite midfielders, there are quite a few out there, and many more coming through in each draft.

McKay on the other hand, is unique. With what I'm aware of, I can't think of another forward with the athleticism, speed and agility who is over 205cm. He's been in Charlie's shadow his whole time at Carlton, but I finally think he is capable of kicking 40+ this year.

I'm not saying Cripps re-singing isn't important, after all he's probably the best inside mid in the comp, and our captain too. However when it comes to quality, A grade, elite midfielders, there are quite a few out there, and many more coming through in each draft.

McKay on the other hand, is unique. With what I'm aware of, I can't think of another forward with the athleticism, speed and agility who is over 205cm. He's been in Charlie's shadow his whole time at Carlton, but I finally think he is capable of kicking 40+ this year.

I agree with you so much that I've actually picked McKay in my Supercoach team this year.
The only other forwards who would be in the same category, albeit a couple years behind, would be the King boys.
I'm tipping McKay to break out this year after a consistent season last year and a solid pre-season under his belt where he has worked on his speed and put on significant size in the gym 💪

I agree with you so much that I've actually picked McKay in my Supercoach team this year.
The only other forwards who would be in the same category, albeit a couple years behind, would be the King boys.
I'm tipping McKay to break out this year after a consistent season last year and a solid pre-season under his belt where he has worked on his speed and put on significant size in the gym 💪
With the new rule change on the mark I’m guessing tall forwards will benefit the most as they’ll get more spreading of the field from the quick ball movement.

Cripps re-signing is important, but Harry's is the crucial one

I am sure that Harry will follow at some pointthis year. He will be another Carlton player who will want to stick around for the good times after playing through the bad.

💯 .

I am sure that Harry will follow at some pointthis year. He will be another Carlton player who will want to stick around for the good times after playing through the bad.
Cripps has earned his contract.

Harry is in a position to add a lot more money to his deal if he kicks 50 goals this year.

No point in him signing now

With the new rule change on the mark I’m guessing tall forwards will benefit the most as they’ll get more spreading of the field from the quick ball movement.

Saad is going to have an absolute field day being given free rein to fly past for a handball receive. Can see the rule helping talls as an end result, but the immediate beneficiaries are the running play-makers.

They're both crucial.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As players absolutely, but KPF's like Harry are rare.

More importantly, if Cripps wants out, worst case we get FA compensation, Harry could walk to North for nada ( not saying that will happen)

That's why I see Harry's signing as a priority

More importantly, if Cripps wants out, worst case we get FA compensation, Harry could walk to North for nada ( not saying that will happen)

We'd get more than compo for Cripps, he's a restricted free agent and we'd absolutely be talking about matching offers to retain our captain if it came to that. 2 firsts plus a quality player would be the going rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Liddle they haven’t started talking to Cripps about recommitting as yet. Do the rumour going around that itll Be announced over the w/e at the bnf ixx see off the mark.

We'd get more than compo for Cripps, he's a restricted free agent and we'd absolutely be talking about matching offers to retain our captain if it came to that. 2 firsts plus a quality player would be the going rate.

I always work worst case, but I agree, we would match most, if not every offer.

Still don't think either would leave, given we are about to enter a period of finals

Say Cripps did go and we got Serong and Brayshaw, would that be the worst thing in the world?
Slightly better than James Aish and Reece Conca, so technically no ... not the worst thing in the world

How could Harry go to North for nothing?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cripps has earned his contract.

Harry is in a position to add a lot more money to his deal if he kicks 50 goals this year.

No point in him signing now
Don't know if it's just me, but I'm thinking the exact opposite.

Either way, McKay has earned a new contract. In the second half of the year he was 2nd in the league for goals (behind Hawkins) and 1st in the league for contested marks. Considering this is his first ever pre-season fit, he will without a doubt carry that momentum on through this year.

Wouldn't you rather re-sign him for cheaper before he kicks 40+ goals this year?

Say Cripps did go and we got Serong and Brayshaw, would that be the worst thing in the world?

I'd it if we had to lose cripps

Not sure freo would want to though. Hardly first in line to win a flag right now.

Should Cripps want to go back we should only deal with WCE and insist on the Judd terms - we get a once in a lifetime CHF and a top 10 Masten. Hopefully it doesn't get to this and if we are to make the 8 somebody has to drop out - maybe St. Kilda with their draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back