Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really???

Hird brought in two people who drugged his players because he couldn't take losing to Carlton in a final.

Voss could not stay in his own lane, and completely f’ed that club for nigh on a decade.

Bucks dismantled a list that won a premiership in 2010 because he couldn't win an argument with the rat pack. 2017 was the year in which the club pretty much sat on his shoulders and forced him to take a deep breath and a step back; him taking time away and letting other people do their jobs made Collingwood a better side.

God, but the urge to edit history happens entirely too often on this board. FFS.
The tributes for a failed coach is beyond ridiculous in the media !!
No success comes from Pies rejects

Really???
Hird brought in two people who drugged his players because he couldn't take losing to Carlton in a final.

The thing that gets me and really surprised me that essendon fans have utterly ignored, is that he and evans were planning on investing in the company making the PEDs and increasing share value by testing it illegally on the players.

He should have been burnt at the stake for that imo

Wouldnt hurt if he showed a bit of that emotion to the fans rather than rolling out the same mundane diatribe he does at every press conference.

Id suggest that keeping the anger/emotion internal, and not throwing the players under the bus publicly, is consistent with good leadership.

He’s not coaching the fans, despite what many in here seem to think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a bit more like white line fever. He seems to have tempered it a bit at training. I can’t wait to see what another preseason does for him.

I've also got high hopes for this kid - he has the natural aggression we're obviously lacking in our list.

Hopefully he sees his future at the club and his next preseason is with the Blues.

The conception of the non coaching Scott becoming an assistant seems very unlikely. Has a good AFL job which would probably be on a similar wage. Might jump back in if a plum senior job came up but why come back as #2 when the perception of your performance is dictated by how well the senior coach does?

Sam Edmund has just reported on SEN that clubs have been sussing out Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, who he says is becoming increasingly disillusioned with life at the Dogs and that he may be gettable. JUH has been doing some training with Fev, as he's now dating Mia Fevola...any chance this puts us at the front of the queue to get him? Think he'd be a pretty nice addition to our forward line...

Does Fev have a good relationship with our club? there was at least one stage where he wasn't too happy with Carlton.
He's said several times over the years that leaving Carlton was the biggest mistake of his life and that he loves the club.

Not sure about his relationships with people inside the club, but his love of the the Blues is still there.

Last edited:
Sam Edmund has just reported on SEN that clubs have been sussing out Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, who he says is becoming increasingly disillusioned with life at the Dogs and that he may be gettable. JUH has been doing some training with Fev, as he's now dating Mia Fevola...any chance this puts us at the front of the queue to get him? Think he'd be a pretty nice addition to our forward line...

You mean addition to our current forward line, or go all out for JUH if McKay leaves?

He's said several times over the years that leaving Carlton was the biggest mistake of his life and that he loves the club.

Not sure about his relationships with people inside the club, but his love the the Blues is still there.
It would appear (from a distance) that part of the reason that JUH is not playing seniors is that the club are trying to keep him grounded . Not sure the dogs are keen on the whole Mia Fevola Hollywood approach.
Not sure we need him at the price we would have to pay. Class midfielders only please.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there recently (and by recently I mean in the last 2 or 3 years sort of thing) some murmurings that the Dogs don't do a great job with indigenous players? I recall there being some criticisms of this a while back and was evidences by the very few indigenous players at the Dogs recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back