Blues to go TALL in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

True but other Clubs have more however, the fact remains they all have only 1 Recruiting Manager.

I do realise that every club has only one RM, however, the fact remains that West Coast have a small army of people watching the same game all sitting in the same area. Just an interesting observation really.

One of the above mentioned is a client of mine and is pretty open about what Carlton are up too, so I do think the original post has some merit.

So were you told Kreuz not Cotchin ?

Did u know we had Armfield lined up as a smokey in the 3rd round ?

What kind of info on what Carlton are up to do you get ?

There is no reason why Vickery can't be a full-forward or a CHF. The bloke runs a 2.94 s 20 m sprint at 200 cm FFS!

And he can take a mark and kick a goal unlike many other unco ruckmen.

I reckon he'd actually be a gun forward.

There is no reason why Vickery can't be a full-forward or a CHF. The bloke runs a 2.94 s 20 m sprint at 200 cm FFS!

And he can take a mark and kick a goal unlike many other unco ruckmen.

I reckon he'd actually be a gun forward.

I think you blokes can forget about vickery I've heard on the grapevine that port have him and hurley in thier sights for mine it would be vickery port will take if not gone before hand and essendon would take hurley . I think you blokes are looking at hartlet ziebell sidebotton yarren.

I think you blokes can forget about vickery I've heard on the grapevine that port have him and hurley in thier sights for mine it would be vickery port will take if not gone before hand and essendon would take hurley . I think you blokes are looking at hartlet ziebell sidebotton yarren.

Vickery would make sense for port, what with Lade and Tredrea getting old.

We have 2 recruiting managers ( Hughes and Rodgers ) and the rest are all scouts. The managers play their cards very close to their chests.

I cant see them telling anything but mis nformation before the draft.

They only informed Kreuzer just before the day that he was going No 1 and they asked for Cothchins number as well to confuse the issue and hide the truth from the media.

You may have spoken to a scout giving you some crap, or some hero pretendind to work for Carlton.

Either way the scouts are only scouts, and they are given info only on a need to know basis so as to avoid stupid leaks, which the OP is suggesting here.

Misinformation, bullshit call it whatever you like.....but this thread is utter crap
Might be trying to convince PA to take him as a KPP......open up the options for us a little more.:thumbsu:

Hey everyone, can I remind you of something?

This Carlton recruiter was most likely deliberately spreading a FALSE RUMOUR.

Many teams leak false rumours - Carlton did it themselves last year by saying they were considering Cale Morton @1 in the hope Richmond would look more closely at Cale and possibly pass up Cotchin for them @3 (when they had it).

So even if the OP is 100% honest, you can't believe a single word of what was said. If anything, they're more likely to take a midfielder.

This Carlton recruiter was most likely deliberately spreading a FALSE RUMOUR.

Quite likely, but this one does make sense...Carlton could use a couple of KPP ( one at each end ), because while what they have *might* make it, you wouldn't want to take the risk, especially as they're now looking pretty strong in the ruck/midfield ( although they could use more/better depth mids ).

It's Similar to Richmond wanting Rucks and KFs...We don't need them, our current stocks might prove good enough, but rather than take the chance, I'd much rather we recruited a couple more. ( no matter how many phantom drafts have us collecting mids with our first 3/4 picks! ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think hurley has to be our first target whom can hold down a backline position...
if not then we have paul bower who can play at chb but he would need a massive preseason to put on a bit of weight...
taylor for the cats played all year and even in the GF.. im sure if we get hurly, he would play 12 to 15 games next year

taylor for the cats played all year and even in the GF.. im sure if we get hurly, he would play 12 to 15 games next year

Taylor was a mature age recruit, so not really a fair comparison.

Hurley could play a few games, but don't expect him to be especially effective...He'll be out-muscled and out-paced at AFL level ( but should still be able to read the play better than most which will counter these to a degree, especially on the counter-attack ).

I would think that the blues priority in this draft would be Hurley followed by Vickery and then best available mid. Hurley allows Waite to go forward and gives the side some flexibility as both players can swap. Hurley also gives the blues some precision disposal coming out of the back line which is needed. Vickery can play key forward or ruck. With Kruezer, Vickery and Warnock it would be hard to see the blues being beaten in the ruck and backmen may have their work cut out minding Vickery, Fev and Kruezer in the forward line.

I would think the blues priorities are as follows:

Key Back/Forward
Half forward/dangerous small forward
half back
then midfield

Would Hurley be recruited as a forward or defender? In time will he be able to play on leading forwards such as Riewoldt, Pavlich, Fevola, Franklin, J Brown?

If we take Hurly he won't make an impact until 2011. He'd only get 5 or so games next year.
2011 is a conservative when Roughead played 36 games in his first two years.

Maybe we will pick Hurley and play him at CHF because he's a great kick and can kick 50 metres with both feet. :)

Imagine Hurley spotting up Fevola, Kreuzer or Fisher deep after taking a mark up the ground...

Why would we pick Vickery?

Would Hurley be recruited as a forward or defender? In time will he be able to play on leading forwards such as Riewoldt, Pavlich, Fevola, Franklin, J Brown?

I think the consensus is he'll do better as a defender, but like most top shelf tall backmen, can do both.

Hurley would have an immediate impact for the blues or anyone (dons). Cant see why they wouldnt take him he could easily hold down FB or CHB, is a ready made player has size, height and weight. Could take Pavlich's, Browns to the cleaners.

Does anyone know how much scouts get paid??

I dont see the need for another mobile ruck type Hurley may not be on the radar if they believe in Austin and Jamison and Bower making it so i will be hoping they get Yarran or Ziebell.:cool::cool:

Heard Post is popuular with quite a few clubs chasing a tall. North tried to trade a tall, Geelong need a tall up forward if Tomahawk & Mooney dont stand up, Collingwood unsure if Rocca will see out the pre season and has struggled for a couple of years. Really impressed in a final and showed screening results are not the same as game pressure. Carlton may not have a choice if they dont take him early. Bulldogs also in the picture as he did a lot of training with Bulldogs guy's down at Willy.
Should go earlier than 40. Not many top age guy's been drafted though.

2011 is a conservative when Roughead played 36 games in his first two years.

Maybe we will pick Hurley and play him at CHF because he's a great kick and can kick 50 metres with both feet. :)

Imagine Hurley spotting up Fevola, Kreuzer or Fisher deep after taking a mark up the ground...

Why would we pick Vickery?

Awesome! I have never seen a player kick with both feet, how come he doesn't fall over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back