Mod. Notice BOARD RESTRUCTURING: all members please read

Remove this Banner Ad

There will likely still be a "new jumpers for 2014" thread from the end of this season right up til the start of next season. Anything "new" would go in there, during the summer months.

There aren't that many new jumpers that are released mid-season that aren't sugar daddy jumpers/names jumpers. If we have one thread for all of them, and separate threads for other new jumpers (e.g Black 319) I would argue that there would be minimal clutter, but it would be a lot easier for visitors and members to find info on everything.

The other thing is there's a difference between activity and clutter. And in fact, the activity of new threads is less cluttery than one big thread. The New Jumpers one is just a real abyss. Which is why you're doing all this, obvs.

However, I do think the 'news' prefix should be used in the off-season. That's when new jumpers are usually announced. Won't another all-encompassing thread just end up doing the same thing: making unsearchable, forgotten posts?

Maybe just a 'Your Ideas for 2014' or something.

images

Gibbsy, time for a new avatar

Gibbsy, will there be a 2014 Jumper Ideas Thread? I want to do a portfolio for 2014 Ideas but if you're going to make a thread dedicated to that I shall post them in there.

Gibbsy, will there be a 2014 Jumper Ideas Thread? I want to do a portfolio for 2014 Ideas but if you're going to make a thread dedicated to that I shall post them in there.

Yep, there'll be a thread for 2014 Jumper Ideas, everyone's ideas/portfolios will be lumped in there because many are similar. I don't have a problem with a megathread for ideas in that regard. As for New Jumpers for 2014, that's 90% looking like being separate news threads. A lot easier for people to find info and discuss without repeating things.

Yep, there'll be a thread for 2014 Jumper Ideas, everyone's ideas/portfolios will be lumped in there because many are similar. I don't have a problem with a megathread for ideas in that regard. As for New Jumpers for 2014, that's 90% looking like being separate news threads. A lot easier for people to find info and discuss without repeating things.

Alright no worries sounds good :thumbsu:

You guys don't need to ask, go ahead and create the thread and I might merge some other relevant posts in there.

816 views and this thread has been stickied for three weeks, I think it's run its course in terms of communicating to the FGD public so I'm happy with that. Feel free to make other suggestions in this thread but otherwise it will just float back down the thread list as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be viable to fix up the teamplate thread so it flows better?

ie all strip templates first then League logos, then team logos and then other sports and concept logos.
could make it easier to scroll through?

Would it be viable to fix up the teamplate thread so it flows better?

ie all strip templates first then League logos, then team logos and then other sports and concept logos.
could make it easier to scroll through?

Probably. It is a massive task though. Would you prefer embedded pictures or just links to the pictures so it's easier to scroll through?

Probably. It is a massive task though. Would you prefer embedded pictures or just links to the pictures so it's easier to scroll through?

It doesn't have to be done overnight, what about a link in the op?

I've got an idea.

Why don't we start individual threads for Paint, photoshop, illustrator, and other templates(gimp inkscape etc). Lock them. Merge posts from the UTT to their respective template thread. Then in the UTT, post links to each of these threads. Much easier to navigate.

It will take time, and I am willing to help out if need be.

Similarly to the Tutorial Directory but have a template directory.

I know we have a fantasy team request thread but should we have a catch all type request thread? Like with some sort of application, I guess. rough example:

What kind of design? AFL Uniform / Other Sports Uniform / Logo / Avatar / Wallpaper / Other
Personal use or business related? (i.e. are you looking to reproduce it in real life? Is it for a fantasy competition? just interested to see how a certain guernsey may look? want a wallpaper for your desktop? etc)
Design brief. Background info. Desired colours, shapes, style, etc. Restrictions/guidelines etc.

Please note that the users of this board are under no obligation to fulfil requests. They are done out of the goodness of their hearts. If your request does not get a response, please wait at least one week before re-submitting. Additionally, we strongly encourage you to check out the Universal Template Thread and the tutorials available on this board and see if you can do it yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back