Senior Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch_test

Brad Crouch will officially join St Kilda as a restricted free agent in Season 2021 after Adelaide Football Club decided not to match the Saints’ offer.

The 26-year-old joins the Saints on a four-year deal and will enhance the club’s midfield brigade alongside All-Australian Jack Steele, Zak Jones, Jade Gresham, Dan Hannebery and Seb Ross.

Adelaide will receive a second-round selection – currently pick No. 23 – as compensation from the AFL.

Brad Crouch
"Crouchy played the whole game. He obviously won’t play AFL next week, so not entirely sure what the plans will be for him, but he got through a really good game of football.

Crouch.jpg

Brad Crouch. Photo: Corey Scicluna.
"Same as Jonesy, he was tough inside and kicked a goal which was good for a midfielder.

"He and Zak complement each other really well. They’ve obviously had the pre-season to work together, but when one was getting in and getting dirty, the other one was pretty smart on the outside."

A near best on ground performance against the Eagles included 12 tackles and plenty of the footy . Can see why the recruiters were so keen to get him . Having him , Steele and Bytel in the middle gives us lots of tackling power as well as good football sense .

Learn more about new recruit Brad Crouch ahead of his 100th game this weekend.

Nickname: Crouchy

As a kid, what did you want to be: Policeman

Team followed as a kid: North Melbourne

Best player played with: Patrick Dangerfield. Ridiculous power and ability to do things no one else can

Most admired opponent: Travis Boak. Respect the way he leads and how selfless he is for the team plays with passion

All-time favourite player: Wayne Carey

First player you would choose in Fantasy football: Lachie Neale

If you could ask someone to be your mentor, who would it be: Scott Pendlebury

Preferred timeslot for the Grand Final: Day

Who is your favourite AFLW player: Erin Phillips

If you weren’t a footballer, what would you like to be: On the PGA tour

A talent you wish you had: Would love to be able to slam dunk

What makes you laugh: Dry humour

Describe yourself in one word: Positive

Biggest thing you missed during hub life: My dog

First place you want to visit after travel restrictions are lifted: Europe

Favourite sporting event you would like to attend: The Masters

Last TV series you binged on: Married At First Sight

Who would you like to see as the half-time entertainment at the Grand Final: Coldplay

Three famous people you would like to meet: Gerard Butler, Tiger Woods and Chris Martin

Favourite team or sportsperson outside of football: Victor Hovland (Golfer)

What is the best sporting event you have seen: Game 6 of World Series in LA
https://www.saints.com.au/news/9217...nfidence-back-ratten-on-finding-a-way-forward
If you won $10 million, what would you buy first: My forever home

Something people would be surprised to learn about you: I enjoy country music

Best subject at school: Maths

What was your first car: Holden Commodore

Usual coffee order? Latte

TR060121DP754744848.jpg

Brad Crouch will play his 100th game on Saturday. Photo: Corey Scicluna.
Why did you decide to come to the Saints?

I was definitely keen to play in Victoria and I think the main thing that attracted me to the Saints was the history. We haven’t won a flag in a long time and it would be pretty cool to be a part of that if we could get one over the line in the next few years.

I knew a few of the players here, which helped as well.

Was there anyone that you instantly bonded with when you came to the club?

I’ve gotten to know a lot of different players, obviously a lot of the midfielders I’ve had a lot to do with.

I knew some of the players beforehand, such as Seb Ross and Dougal Howard, so a few of the ones I’ve kept in contact with I have better relationships with them now, but I’m still trying to get to know my teammates as well as I can.

Are there any players in particular that have impressed you?

Yeah definitely, some of our younger players have really impressed me.

I knew a lot about Max King obviously, but he has been a lot better than what I thought. I was pretty shocked to see how good he is and how good he can be. He’s only getting started and he’s so young.

Hunter Clark is really exciting to watch. He’s a cruisy sort of bloke, but he’s very good with the footy in hand.

(Jack) Bytel’s impressed me a fair bit in the midfield, I really like him as a young player and think he can be a good player down the track.

What’s been your impression of Ratten as a coach?

He’s been really good to me. He’s been really supportive, even before I made the decision to come across to the footy club.

We’ve already gone through some ups and downs this season and in some ways that’s good that it hasn’t all been smooth sailing, as it forces you to learn and get closer.

Being one of the older players in the team, do you feel like you can impart some knowledge/advice for the younger players?

I’ve learned a lot in the last nine years or so, so I’ve tried to talk to a lot of midfielders about different ideas and different things.

I’ve tried to bring some of the stuff I’ve learned that I think can add a little bit of value to some of the things we do here.

On game day I think I’m a reasonable leader, particularly in the midfield group where we’ve got a lot of young guys in there as well.

I try to give Steeley (Jack Steele) a bit of a chop out as well. It’s his first year being a captain so I want to take the pressure off him a little bit on the ground, particularly in terms of talking around the group – I think it’s good to take some pressure off him.

What’s the focus for you this year as a new player to the side?

My pressure, my contest and playing my role for the team.

I think throughout the year we’re going to have a lot of times when we need players to play different roles and step up. I can play a bit up forward when the team needs it, so whatever I can do to play my role for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad had a good game in a tough struggle against GC . He had 30 disposals and although 19 of those were handpasses it just shows how much he goes in to get the hard ball and shoot it out to players like Billings and Hill . He has certainly taken some of the stress off Steele who can now spend some time on the outside using his smarts with his skills .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back