Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

He was spending the weekend on the coast with friends, and considering there was training that morning as well, he obviously was getting back to organise himself for training.
We going to punish a player for driving home, and unfortunately having a minor accident, an occurrence that happens everyday on our roads?
Exactly. The more responsible thing to do would be to get some sleep & drive home in the morning as opposed to driving home Sunday night after possibly having a big day.

It was a minor accident. Details were exchanged.

Unless there's something which hasn't been revealed, I can't see what the problem is. Thankfully no one was hurt.

I think I have mentioned this before but sadly I don't see anything unusual in what happened.

I was angry when driving to the MCG one day when this car is speeding around my car and another, no surprise to see Maynard behind the wheel.

Think that is his normal driving.:)
Hey Maggie5 props for the threadmark. Love a good anecdote ;)

Exactly. The more responsible thing to do would be to get some sleep & drive home in the morning as opposed to driving home Sunday night after possibly having a big day.

It was a minor accident. Details were exchanged.

Unless there's something which hasn't been revealed, I can't see what the problem is. Thankfully no one was hurt.
Only thing left to do is to send some flowers!

He was spending the weekend on the coast with friends, and considering there was training that morning as well, he obviously was getting back to organise himself for training.
We going to punish a player for driving home, and unfortunately having a minor accident, an occurrence that happens everyday on our roads?
Hopefully that is all it is. However, the initial report mentioned his car driving erratically prior to the accident.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

But we don’t have a netball team anymore…

Has anyone from the club even confirmed netballer’s can’t train there or is it just an assumption because we no longer have a netball team?

Storm in a D cup really. Got funding to provide netball training facilities, built netball training facilities. Sometime down the track, updated said netball training facilities at our own expense.

Last edited:
The netball court funding was created by a government who attempted to assist women through positive discrimination. Don’t blame the public. And don’t blame the club that just made the most of a policy government introduced and were looking for someone to take a punt with. And the club (and hence our memberships) then funded an ongoing huge percentage of the venture.
The gov basically subcontracted the balance of the initiative.

We tried.
Within the rules.
It flopped.
Should we have left the court there as a memorial?

Hardly discrimination. More a balancing of the ledger.

Depends on all the facts.

But driving at 6.00am in the morning and causing an accident for an AFL player is not a great look.

I guess Fly would ask is that behaviour associated with being a winner? Is that what winners do.

I said a similar thing with Ginnivan around 12 months ago and everyone laughed and roasted me.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Do we know what he was doing? He might regularly drive down to the coast for an early morning surf for all we know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back