Brent Prismall interview - 774

Remove this Banner Ad

Now the Gig is up, Prismall is crying foul. These players stuck together thinking they could beat the charge if they kept their mouths shut, now the want to talk, well go get effed you had your chance. Prismall could have dealt with WADA and been employed today without an issue.

Clubs like port,bulldogs, STKilda and Melbourne have been dealt the hardest blow with their ******* players also staying faithfull to Essendon and their regime, again all those players would be playing today if they had come clean!

I can actually think of NO other credible reason for every player (except Hunter) to "stick fat".

We've heard some fantastical theories from the Essendon faithful, but the only credible explanation for it is that the players were in it up to their necks.
I've agreed with pretty much all you say all along, and I agree with this too but I'll add: maybe they were duped originally, (see the Guinean pig claims) and then realised they had no choice but to go along. Duped as to what they were injected with, duped as to the status of the drugs (this they should have checked themselves though, I've always said that).

I believe the suspensions had to happen for the sake of the game, I've said it all along. But I do have sympathy for the majority of the players, as it's often been said, they ain't intellectual Giants, and especially the fringe players may have gone along with the senior players. I still can't believe Jobe didn't go home to his old man and talk about a new injection regime that we are not allowed to talk about, and do you think it's strange we go over the road for the shots?

But still, if not for the stalling tactics this could have been done and dusted a lot sooner, and Hird and Essendon have that square on their shoulders. But then the delay, while damaging the club further, and all their reputations have them time to build a new team of mostly clean players.

The players need to take some responsibility, but I do believe they were duped at least initially. I think 12 months is about right, and we should all support the players who make it back. Just as others come back and get support. They can never remove that taint from their record, that and the suspension is all the punishment I think they deserve.

I was truly happy for the club, players, supporters they got that win yesterday, imagine all they have been through. Let's not forget the guilty have gone (with the exception of a couple of staff members I believe), so the team on the field can be assumed to be as clean as any other team out there.

I feel sorry for Melbourne though, those hapless buggers will be forever in the final scene of the movie!

This has Remeber the Titans written all over it! (If you haven't seen the movie guys, watch it, it's truly fantastic!

I've agreed with pretty much all you say all along, and I agree with this too but I'll add: maybe they were duped originally, (see the Guinean pig claims) and then realised they had no choice but to go along. Duped as to what they were injected with, duped as to the status of the drugs (this they should have checked themselves though, I've always said that).

I believe the suspensions had to happen for the sake of the game, I've said it all along. But I do have sympathy for the majority of the players, as it's often been said, they ain't intellectual Giants, and especially the fringe players may have gone along with the senior players. I still can't believe Jobe didn't go home to his old man and talk about a new injection regime that we are not allowed to talk about, and do you think it's strange we go over the road for the shots?

But still, if not for the stalling tactics this could have been done and dusted a lot sooner, and Hird and Essendon have that square on their shoulders. But then the delay, while damaging the club further, and all their reputations have them time to build a new team of mostly clean players.

The players need to take some responsibility, but I do believe they were duped at least initially. I think 12 months is about right, and we should all support the players who make it back. Just as others come back and get support. They can never remove that taint from their record, that and the suspension is all the punishment I think they deserve.

I was truly happy for the club, players, supporters they got that win yesterday, imagine all they have been through. Let's not forget the guilty have gone (with the exception of a couple of staff members I believe), so the team on the field can be assumed to be as clean as any other team out there.

I feel sorry for Melbourne though, those hapless buggers will be forever in the final scene of the movie!

This has Remeber the Titans written all over it! (If you haven't seen the movie guys, watch it, it's truly fantastic!
This could be true, but they should have come clean about it. Instead they took a chance then that they could get away with it, egged on by the mighty resources of Hird inc PR and EFC, and backed up by the Timmy's, the Robbo's and the Footy Show type mateys and the AFL trying to manipulate / control the outcome.

What on earth are u on about? You highlighted that a coach at a club knows everything. Matthews said he wouldn't have known what his medical/ science staff had given or treated his players with at Brisbane.

What the hell are you on about? One of Essendons players has come out and publicly confirmed Hird was in control of everything. EVERYTHING. All of it.

Your defence is that a coach who's closest connection to essendon is breaking their point post in the 80's and retired from coaching 10 odd years ago knows more than someone who was there o_O:confused:

#essendonlogic

The players need to take some responsibility, but I do believe they were duped at least initially.
There's being duped and there is not asking the questions because you dont want to know the answers to. The guys are professional athletes who should have questioned and independently verified the appropriateness of what they were given. especially considering it was a secret, cutting edge regime. They chose not to and so they have to bare the responsibility of whatever they were given.

Within the constraints of not directly contradicting the line previously taken (we were only told it was amino acids and vitamins - dunno why I didn't mention Thymosin on the form), I think the interview was about as honest as it could be in the circumstance.

Clearly pissed, as he should be, with EFC and those who arranged the doping program.

Come on down James, Brent has firmly put you at the center of this stupid, appalling and grubby mess. I wonder if we will see any comment from JH or from his many representatives.

Within the constraints of not directly contradicting the line previously taken (we were only told it was amino acids and vitamins - dunno why I didn't mention Thymosin on the form), I think the interview was about as honest as it could be in the circumstance.

Clearly pissed, as he should be, with EFC and those who arranged the doping program.

Come on down James, Brent has firmly put you at the center of this stupid, appalling and grubby mess. I wonder if we will see any comment from JH or from his many representatives.
Integrity centre. $300 entry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he thought by going to the integrity centre, he would find some?

I am hoping he just liked the theater and irony of it.

Would get kudos from me if it was so.

More likely just another stupid decision from the crisis management team.

Exactly - "the coach at a football club knows everything"

It is about time a player called Hird out.

This is the most telling thing.

Hird should be before a magistrate and facing criminal charges for what he did to employees under his watch. What a vile snake he is.

There's being duped and there is not asking the questions because you dont want to know the answers to. The guys are professional athletes who should have questioned and independently verified the appropriateness of what they were given. especially considering it was a secret, cutting edge regime. They chose not to and so they have to bare the responsibility of whatever they were given.
This is exactly it isn't it? if the players were duped, they were the ones that let themselves be duped.

What the hell are you on about? One of Essendons players has come out and publicly confirmed Hird was in control of everything. EVERYTHING. All of it.

Your defence is that a coach who's closest connection to essendon is breaking their point post in the 80's and retired from coaching 10 odd years ago knows more than someone who was there o_O:confused:

#essendonlogic

I'm not even trying to defend anyone. I actually think Hird should take some responsibility for what happened. You made a statement that every coach knows what's going on, I've used the Matthews example to refute that, i.e a respected coach has come out and said they don't know. Pretty sure Balme and Eade have also said it.

Yes then the other question is did Hird know of injection regime? Of course he did and he should never have allowed it. If Sheedy, Knights or Hardwick (who lost out to Knights) was coach this never would have happened.

Did Hird know Dank was possibly giving the players something illegal? I don't think so and nothing Prismall said is any proof whatsoever that he did.

Did Hird know Dank was possibly giving the players something illegal? I don't think so and nothing Prismall said is any proof whatsoever that he did.
Pretty sure that Caro said the same thing on Open Mike; that while Hird knew about the program - was in it "up to his ears" - she didn't think that he knew that the players could have been given banned substances. Mike actually followed upon this with her saying, words to the effect of, "so Hird didn't know" and she agreed before saying that what she objected to was the experimental nature of the program, which then turned out to be a drugs in sport issue.

What on earth are u on about? You highlighted that a coach at a club knows everything. Matthews said he wouldn't have known what his medical/ science staff had given or treated his players with at Brisbane.

Some posters hang onto this, but saying Matthews' coaching experience gives him insight into what coaches know about sports science is like saying Jock McHale didn't get involved in interchange rotation policy so that means no coaches do. Too much changed from Matthews' time to 2012 for his reflections to be in any way relevant. Find a single contemporary coach who said they didn't get involved in that side of the job - in seasons where the club knows what players are doing, eating, weighing and drinking every minute of every day - and it would mean something.

On the interview, it may not answer all the questions, but props to Prismall for saying what every player could and should have said by now. I didn't know I was being injected with TB4, I am not convinced I was, but I could have been and the expert body has seen all the evidence and banned me so I have to wear the consequences, as hard as they are for me. Not that difficult, and would make such a difference to perceptions of them to stop running the nonsensical club line of not knowing but being 100% sure it was above board.

Some posters hang onto this, but saying Matthews' coaching experience gives him insight into what coaches know about sports science is like saying Jock McHale didn't get involved in interchange rotation policy so that means no coaches do. Too much changed from Matthews' time to 2012 for his reflections to be in any way relevant. Find a single contemporary coach who said they didn't get involved in that side of the job - in seasons where the club knows what players are doing, eating, weighing and drinking every minute of every day - and it would mean something.

On the interview, it may not answer all the questions, but props to Prismall for saying what every player could and should have said by now. I didn't know I was being injected with TB4, I am not convinced I was, but I could have been and the expert body has seen all the evidence and banned me so I have to wear the consequences, as hard as they are for me. Not that difficult, and would make such a difference to perceptions of them to stop running the nonsensical club line of not knowing but being 100% sure it was above board.

This. Exactly. Besides why believe Matthews is even telling the truth?

If I remember correctly Mathews comments centred around he left it up to the medical professionals and trusted them to know what was in the injections which is perfectly reasonable.

To then suggest that means Matthews was completely removed from the program is a pretty long bow.

And then we have Essendon who;
  1. Didn't even bother to use medical professionals
  2. Consciously bypassed the medical professionals they did have
  3. Had numerous staff leave because they were not happy with the direction of the "supplements program"
  4. Internally renamed drugs
  5. "The financials" :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back