Brisbane Lions board drafting game

Remove this Banner Ad

He leads by example (for most part:p )
He seems to be very team orientated on the field atleast, he can get a career high in disposals and sometimes you hardly notice because he isn't out there being showy he is just straight down to business and trying to get the ball into the forward line or out of the congestion.
His enthusiasm and encouragement especially towards the younger players - you see him going out of his way and giving them a pat on the head or something after most goals and celebrating with them. I personally think that is vitally important in a captain, showing faith in the younger players and helping them build up their confidence. He doesn't just focus on his own game.
He is obviously intelligent and can speak well. Whenever I have seen him interviewed or at the CC Dinner or his weekly articles on the lions website he knows how to communicate (a journalism degree would have assisted in that). He doesn't just give short stereotypical speeches he seems to know how to pesuade and motivate people.

Wow... I think I will stop now just because that is starting to look more like a uni essay than a forum post.

Edit*: Just a final note. I also wanted him captain over some of the other influential players because it seems as though he has always lived in their shadows. He hasn't always been a heaps lesser player than them but was the 5th on, the add on to the fab 4, even now it is always "Voss, Brown and Black" and only THEN Power and I suppose I like the idea of allowing him the recognition and chance that I personally think he really deserves (even if it is only in my make believe team:p)

Well to have won as capt then you have to have been capt so I obviously cannot answer that question. However, before Voss was capt how many had he won as capt? none obviously. But they gave him a chance. How many have Black or Brown won as Captains? None really yet they are the likely hands who our own team will be in next year and I have every faith that they will do a great job. However, I will say that in my eyes Power should be an equal condender for the position and has shown that there is definately potential there. I would have no second thoughts if he was running out next year in real life as the captain of the team in the first week.

Also in my team there is room for future growth due to a lot of my better players still only being young (Adcock, Sherman, M Clark, Gram) so as Power develops as capt during the years the team will continue to get better just meaning an extended period at the top when we get there:p

Long answer =

Ashli said:
Well to have won as capt then you have to have been capt so I obviously cannot answer that question. However, before Voss was capt how many had he won as capt? none obviously. But they gave him a chance. How many have Black or Brown won as Captains? None really yet they are the likely hands who our own team will be in next year and I have every faith that they will do a great job. However, I will say that in my eyes Power should be an equal condender for the position and has shown that there is definately potential there. I would have no second thoughts if he was running out next year in real life as the captain of the team in the first week.

Short answer = none:p

Ashli said:
Also in my team there is room for future growth due to a lot of my better players still only being young (Adcock, Sherman, M Clark, Gram) so as Power develops as capt during the years the team will continue to get better just meaning an extended period at the top when we get there:p

So you picked a team that is rebuilding? So team Ashli shall be known as the Hawks:)

Well in all seriousness, thankyou Ashli, Warwick and Toddy for participating and playing in the right spirit, ie. with an edge of competitive humour. Hope I didn't take my sledging too far:p

I enjoyed it, and it got me thinking which was good. Probably if I had my time again my draft order would have been a little different.

Cheers

Yes thanks for the game guys - most enjoyable. I think it's fair to say football was the real winner.

And me.

Cheers.

P.S. I didn't think you would cave in so easy Grim. I've been having a look and the only possible head-to-head you would break even against in my team is Voss vs Hart.

Both have 3 premiership medallions. However, one has a Norm Smith as well, therefore obviously plays better in big games.

Buckley >> Hird >> Voss

Warwick said:
I didn't think you would cave in so easy Grim. I've been having a look and the only possible head-to-head you would break even against in my team is Voss vs Hart.

Both have 3 premiership medallions. However, one has a Norm Smith as well, therefore obviously plays better in big games.

Buckley >> Hird >> Voss

Why did you use your first pick on someone who spends most of his time injured or suspended?

Grimreepah said:
Why did you use your first pick on someone who spends most of his time injured or suspended?
I'm just wondering why you picked up a bloke who has played a handfull of games (Hooper), for a 200-game legend (McIvor)?

Damien Drum = Grimreepah.

I thought Mackay owned a wireless.

Warwick said:
I'm just wondering why you picked up a bloke who has played a handfull of games (Hooper), for a 200-game legend (McIvor)?

Damien Drum = Grimreepah.

I thought Mackay owned a wireless.

I wanted a whippet at forward pocket, so it was a team balance decision that one. It's not always practical to go best available otherwise you can find yourself with players out of position, or major deficiencies in a particular area.

058962news.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warwick said:
That maniac played over 300 games. Did your captain ever reach that figure or was he too soft?

Triple premiership captain;)

No need to fight for 2nd place behind Team Toddy!!! with my gun key forwards ;) !!!!