Game Day Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns, Round 21 - 16:35 AEST, Aug 10, 2019.

BL v GCS: Who will win?

• Brisbane by 30+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Brisbane under 30pts

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Gold Coast under 30pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast by 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And that would help them how?

The only way they change, is by having a cultural shift where players want to go there.

Brisbane did it perfectly, getting in Neale, Lyons, Hodge, Cameron, and now their young guys want to be there too on the back of the strong culture and bonds.

You give the Gold Coast early draft picks.. they'll just leave in 3 - 5 years anyway.
Agree. They'd be better off getting in 5-6 22-27 year old players who give there all and train hard. Target a bunch of Kane Lambert types and some senior heads like Mundy to set the standard for the kids and change the culture.

How good was it getting to see someone who kept getting dropped by the Dew brains trust have over 100 Dreamteam points by 3/4 time. Awesome judgement perhaps the Suns muppets can get a priority pick and get them to play in the NEAFL too!
So at full-time Lyons has had 34 disposals and 158 Dreamteam points. Amazing judgement to let him go from the Suns as they clearly do not need someone who get that much ball!

So at full-time Lyons has had 34 disposals and 158 Dreamteam points. Amazing judgement to let him go from the Suns as they clearly do not need someone who get that much ball!
That pretty much sums up their mentality. Whatever was happening up there he was not playing his best and getting dropped. The place is a bin fire. Needs a serious clean out this year, serious. They are 3 years off finals. Minimum.

Saw that live and * the suns looked utterly pathetic. On at least 3 occasions brisbane cut through the middle and no suns player seemed arsed to try and stop them (something something witches hats). They should be thankful that brisbane fumbled the ball inside 50 a decent amount otherwise they would have been done by 120+.

Honestly I think it's beyond stewy dews fault - list manager, medica, assistants, even the bloody board need to be punted. Get roughy even if he spends the year sitting in the goal square.

On the other hand brisbane looked superb. God it's good to see them play top notch footy. Lyons McCarthy and neale best 3 recruits of the year?

Agree. They'd be better off getting in 5-6 22-27 year old players who give there all and train hard. Target a bunch of Kane Lambert types and some senior heads like Mundy to set the standard for the kids and change the culture.
The trouble with 'the set the standard strategy from senior heads' was that their best trainer, most professional on the track was Barlow - the guy who just had 40+ possessions for Werribee. Barlow only got a game when they ran out of witches hats. If you look at what D Dew did to him and Lyons is it any wonder why players leave. Surprised Day stayed after being NEAFld for much of the year and then 2 metre Peter got the NEAFL treatment too. Maybe I could understand some of these if the Suns had an over abundance of talent, but that sure isn't the case.

The trouble with 'the set the standard strategy from senior heads' was that their best trainer, most professional on the track was Barlow - the guy who just had 40+ possessions for Werribee. Barlow only got a game when they ran out of witches hats. If you look at what D Dew did to him and Lyons is it any wonder why players leave. Surprised Day stayed after being NEAFld for much of the year and then 2 metre Peter got the NEAFL treatment too. Maybe I could understand some of these if the Suns had an over abundance of talent, but that sure isn't the case.
Seriously why you want to talk about GCS, your well established club are just second on the ladder board and tank again. If your club are Top 4, I can humbly take your opinion.

Seriously why you want to talk about GCS, your well established club are just second on the ladder board and tank again. If your club are Top 4, I can humbly take your opinion.
I am a member at the Suns because I live in Queensland. If you need to find a reason not to listen to people it explains a lot.

I am a member at the Suns because I live in Queensland. If you need to find a reason not to listen to people it explains a lot.
I saw this type of sentence in BF so many times that you better off just cut and paste and change the club name or state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back