Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* last quarter that was - Rhylee West had a crucial impact in the last - he has to be in the 22 from now on

Jamarra is a superstar, his development this season has been unreal to watch

16.6 is unusual sight for this team but * me it’s good to see

My nana passed away this week. Weird opening to a comment, but I'll explain.

She was born and raised in Braybrook, raised her family there. I'm not sure when she started following Footscray, but she was Bulldog through and through and several generations following her have carried it on. I'll be wearing a Dogs scarf to her funeral.

I want this to be a good match. I want a win for her.

I’m grateful.

Lobb was aweful for 3/4s, but he turned the game in the last.

He's so dangerous around the 50 arc, easier to get possessions there too, we need to wake up to this and get the ball to him

Great win. 11.2 from set shots? 😳😳😳😳 Great turn around in goal kicking. Rapt for Jamarra, he is becoming a superstar. Naughton great 2nd half, Cody’s forward pressure was great, West’s last quarter was phenomenal and has to stay in. Timmy huge all day, backline held up well. JOD and Poulter were solid-great. Scott’s marking was great. Huge chance next week if we play like that. Go Dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game doggies a must win game. Well done to the team and to bevo for a very good game plan.

JUH and that last quarter really made it a good win.

I guess we broke the bye jinx.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice win in the end.

Started brilliantly but didn’t really capitalise. Game pretty much went from even to Dogs ten point lead all day. Was worried early in the last with a few lazy turnovers losing us the lead, but from that moment on we were superb.

OG will have better stats but West coming on in the last 5 contested possessions, 2 tackles, 2 goal assists, 3 score involvements. Deserves to finally get some continuity in the firsts.

Keath and Gardy were good in the air.

But boy are they bad at ground balls and with ball in hand.

good back ups but the sooner they are out the better

Lobb was aweful for 3/4s, but he turned the game in the last.

He's so dangerous around the 50 arc, easier to get possessions there too, we need to wake up to this and get the ball to him
I think there is a lesson in there somewhere about how effective he was when he and Naughton swapped out positions on the arc.

I don't think there is much doubt that he literally had a hand in each of Wests goal assists.

Both players were pivotal in turning the game on its head in the last.

Solid effort for 100% of the game even though Freo came at us a few times. Not perfect but I’ll take 100% every time. Overwhelmed them in the second half.

Credit to all involved. Yes even the coaching staff.

Really enjoyed that despite being a bit stressful. Was finals like pressure all round until the last quarter when we kicked away.

West was great when he came on and should stay in next week. I was happy with JOD and Poulter too. Our defence held up really well without Jones, REd, and JJ - can't wait to get them back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back