Bushfires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scomo what a great bloke instead of opening the government wallet to help people struggling with Fire he donates to his Hillsong cult

But he’s a good guy he rocked up to a relief place with one bag of food and a slab of up and go what a legend

I predict that once things have died down and proper assessments have been made then the wallet will open and money will be focussed where it is needed, not just handed out willy nilly and pissed up against the wall like your free education obviously was.

I can barely read anything on my FB feed this morning, everything is ScoMo this and ScoMo that, no wonder no-one likes you campaigners, the vocal minority.

I predict that once things have died down and proper assessments have been made then the wallet will open and money will be focussed where it is needed, not just handed out willy nilly and pissed up against the wall like your free education obviously was.

I can barely read anything on my FB feed this morning, everything is ScoMo this and ScoMo that, no wonder no-one likes you campaigners, the vocal minority.
Some people are naive if they think both the Feds or states dont offer emergency funds,.
In Vic the government use Rapid Impact Assessment teams, they are currently in East Gippsland. Once that assessment is made emergency funds are released.,

Sorry, but that rant makes no sense
Yeah sort of makes sense. we seem to send billions to other countries when they have disasters.

We got a few firefighters from Canada.

I wonder if USA has reached into their pockets to help?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

My town is shrouded in smoke this morning, but a quick check of the Tas fire website indicates that there's nothing to ominous around just yet, and if anything the nearest fire has been downgraded a bit over the past couple of days. But still, this smoke is a new thing.

People can apply through Centrelink/Fed Gov for emergency money to assist in the immediate term.

It’s not Scott Morrison’s role to micro manage these fires, it’s the state governements role to manage these fires - for the record both state governments have handled themselves brilliantly. Well done to Dan Andrews for REQUESTING the ADF’s for assistance but the ADF is a FED government run body.

Where Morrison has let himself down is the appearance of not caring, of not leading by being on holidays (hindsight is a wonderful thing) and now he is on a hiding to nothing and he will be the poster boy for peoples anger. His appearances in fire affected fires now seem disingenuous. I don’t want to feel like I’m advocating Morison is now a victim, just my opinion on the state of play.

Yeah sort of makes sense. we seem to send billions to other countries when they have disasters.

No government hands out money before assessment.
Every single family or individual who has lost everything will be looked after.

ADF apart from ships and aircraft, are also catering and and housing volanteers and displaced civilians. They will be compensated

Major funding relief just doesn't happen during a disaster.,

So you are able to predict exactly what direction fires are going to take and exactly what they're going to impact? Yeah, there are fires happening, mobilisation takes time.

You know when eisenhower hit Normandy, he knew there was a panzer division resting somewhere. He didn't sit in his arse twiddling his fumbs waiting for them, did he?

A whole festival was cancelled because they knew what was coming. Mobilisation should of started then. We are a first world country, no reason 24 hours is not to long in emergency.

Not as bad as hurricane katrina but it's significant enough phuq up.

That Liberal stooge in charge of the mouldy greens wants a royal commission. Into bushfire, not the inadequate fed gov response.

This clown....

Royal commissions change nothing but COst millions and millions, only stir people up.

When the greens use this to score political points, you know things are phuqed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No government hands out money before assessment.
Every single family or individual who has lost everything will be looked after.

ADF apart from ships and aircraft, are also catering and and housing volanteers and displaced civilians. They will be compensated

Major funding relief just doesn't happen during a disaster.,
I hardly meant throwing money like that now obviously that comes later. He went to affected areas yet didn’t bring food or water for the most part or a generator to help

Then at another relief centre his contribution was one bag of food from Woolworths and a slab of up and go wtf Is that

California have sent out 500 fire fighters with another 150 on the way soon

My town is shrouded in smoke this morning, but a quick check of the Tas fire website indicates that there's nothing to ominous around just yet, and if anything the nearest fire has been downgraded a bit over the past couple of days. But still, this smoke is a new thing.
No expert but does smoke come thicker as the fire is going out?

I think point 2 is the fire authorities saying they can’t defend all properties and have to make tough calls.

No it's not according to those we know (Who are heavily involved in fire control right now)
It's a standard approach apparently, just not publicized

Granted you would want a far, far less shittier scenario, but getting a ride in a Naval LCVP docking into an amphib's well deck would be an experience.

What are the good folks of GD doing to help? (And I mean GD folks, not SRP blow-ins)

There's not much outside of donating money that I can provide currently, but at least I can do that. After Black Saturday, I went straight to the Red Cross to donate, but more recently the Red Cross approach to fundraiser has been a bit s**t (IMHO), so I'm less keen in using them as an intermediary these days. The Salvos do great work, but I don't like the religious link. I'll still give them something though, because great work. Maybe the CWA as well

I've noticed that you can donate directly to a state CFA, and even a particular brigade - https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/about/supporting-cfa#donate-cfa
I'll be giving them some folding today.

Again, with respect what would you advise people do?

write strongly worded letters to British petroleum?

Donate $. Donate food. Donate blankets etc. Volunteer. Wildlife rescue organisations need help with donations, transport & rescue. Register for find a bed to offer temporary accom for those affected. There are many things you can do.

In Melbourne, I've had friends and acquaintances on social media who posted they were home and safe earlier last week / last weekend when the first evacuation advices were issued in eastern Victoria. Knock me down with a feather, when yesterday these handful of the same people (none of which are related) were again advising that they were "evacuated again". My first thought was "you went back? After being told to go and stay gone". My mind boggles at how you would come to the conclusion to return a couple of days after being evacuated, only to be evacuated again, for the sake of a couple of extra days of your holiday (they were camping by the way). Police and Fireys must just tear their hair out at the stupidity of those people whose holiday is their only priority.

When there is a natural disaster overseas government tips in money straight away yet people are suffering here and crickets. Shouldn’t be up to the general public and sports stars to raise funds

I agree

I'm also interested will we will get any support, funding, man power etc from the countries we have helped during natural disasters.

US will always help us and Canada have sent fire fighters.

I'm looking at you Indonesia.

Last edited:
Donate $. Donate food. Donate blankets etc. Volunteer. Wildlife rescue organisations need help with donations, transport & rescue. Register for find a bed to offer temporary accom for those affected. There are many things you can do.
I reckon you can probably do that and still post on BigFooty at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back