Oct 8, 2004
No where
Other Teams
No one
Any one know about Ackland.
He is 196cm
weighs 96kg
and is turning 23
Skills....... Ground work.......?????????????
Port Adelaide Web-Site says...........

"With the loss of ruckman Primus, a small window of opportunity arose for Ackland in 2003, however he was struck down with osteitis pubis in the pre-season and later succumbed to a hamstring injury. In between injury he showed some good form with the Magpies in the SANFL. For a ruckman, he is agile, has good hands, and can take a solid pack mark. Showed some promise in his 12 AFL games in 2001 when he played both forward and in ruck. The lad from Coffin Bay will have ‘no injuries’ as a key goal for 2004."

If Keating is not there i would have Ackland as my second choice.

BB gun said:
not to worry you have B Brooks

Hence my concern. ;)

Generally you find most clubs go into the season with more than one ruckman on the list. I really think Kosi has the makings to be a very good ruckman if that's the direction Thommo wants to head with him. However if we don't keep Blake we are desperately short of rucking options. Stone battled manfully for Springvale but his strength was taking marks around the ground. From all reports Pfitzner is built like a rake and coming off a season out of the game so I hardly think we'd consider throwing him into the ruck.

Maybe Ackland is the best of a bad bunch.

sainter said:
Hence my concern. ;)

Generally you find most clubs go into the season with more than one ruckman on the list. I really think Kosi has the makings to be a very good ruckman if that's the direction Thommo wants to head with him. However if we don't keep Blake we are desperately short of rucking options. Stone battled manfully for Springvale but his strength was taking marks around the ground. From all reports Pfitzner is built like a rake and coming off a season out of the game so I hardly think we'd consider throwing him into the ruck.

Maybe Ackland is the best of a bad bunch.

Agreed on all points, although Pfitzner is getting bigger.

Also on Stone, it should be pointed out, that I've probably never seen a worse display in the ruck than what he put forward in the one game he lined up there this year. Yes he tried, but he had no idea in the ruck. In other words, bloody oath we need a ruck!!!

Arsene Wenger said:
dont take ackland -- he looks like a great player but never delivers

Maybe the system at Port just didn't suit the guy.

GT and co have a habit of wringing quality performances out of mid-level talent (like Blake) and pushing those up to another level who are capable of it (Thompson, Baker).

Who is to say Ackland won't be another one of our success stories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back