Toast Cain Liddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely!! I think we lost a generation of potential passionate supporters beginning 2002.

Yes and no.

Richmond didn't have a particularly glorious time between 1983 and last year, but they still retained a large supporter base. The difference between them and us is that they've been far more successful into converting them into memberships.

Bold choice

It reminds me of Bolton's appointment - I love it

Coaching and management is perhaps now a younger person's game

O.K. I didn't see that Egon Zehnder were involved, so that takes out some of any biases.

Carlton Football Club President Mark LoGiudice said, “After a thorough and extensive process conducted by David Campbell of Egon Zehnder and led by the selection panel consisting of myself, and Club Directors Kate Jenkins and Chris Judd, we are fortunate to have secured Cain as the Club’s next CEO.”

Would have thought that the whole board would have had a say and maybe they did and maybe they didn't care to be involved, allowing the two newest members to get their feet wet, in important decision making.
Maybe nothing to worry about, but I'd still like to know why Lethlean fell off the radar. Maybe we'll never know for sure.

Maybe because through the process he was found to not be the one....

Sometime soon, I hope not too soon, these idiots will understand that the club is fair dinkum and finally coming into the 21st century being led superbly at board level, administration and on the field.

This next twelve months I feel will be a bit rocky, media already have the daggers out over our draw, it’s a season that will make this club if we don’t do anything stupid. I have confidence that doing stupid isn’t in the current make up of the club.

We do have some of the worst supporters in the league though

It's undeniable

Yep, Richmond supporters are disgusting in the majority but at least they support their club through thick and thin and buy memberships.

Which is a lot more than I can say for our fair weather supporter base

Great get??? Why are so many of the customers who purchased RFC stuff from the club post the GF still waiting. It seems this bloke cant get his SH&*T in order.. Goodluck.

It will be interesting to see if there is any fallout from this. The President informally offered the job to Lethlean, the Board got wind of it, insisted on due process, and appointed a different guy to the one the President initially wanted (admittedly, he may have changed his mind on the selection panel).

At the very least, Jenkins is the one coming out of this who looks to have the power.

Are there any implications for MLG? Maybe not, but let’s wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a load of crap.

We broke a membership record the year after we won our first wooden spoon.

People need to get it into their heads that while we were well supported we never had a huge supporter base to begin with.
Most statistical evidence suggests we have a supporter base about as large as Richmond's

That's a load of crap.

We broke a membership record the year after we won our first wooden spoon.

People need to get it into their heads that while we were well supported we never had a huge supporter base to begin with.

Its not crap at all, our membership numbers are nowhere near what they should be.

Our average crowds through 2011/12 tell you the supporter base we have, the statistical analysis over time says it also.

This bloke has been hired to improve revenue - that is a good KPI for a CEO to have - much better than doing dodgy deals on pokies, or waiting for so called rich tossers using the Club brand to legitimise their community involvement and throw a crumb at the Club when they feel like it.

Trigg oversaw a stalled membership base - which may have actually been a great result, given all the drama he had to contend with with Malthou$e in and Malthou$e out, then a rebuild reset, followed by inevitable massive declien in on field performances...

- I thought Trigg managed the whole Malthou$e disaster very very well...as the public face of Carlton. I was shocked to discover that Trigg's family still resided in Adelaide and he was commuting - that would have been very difficult for him , his family and the Club. Local hands on in Melbourne made more not less difficult.

A lot of progress has been made at Carlton - all the best to the new bald bloke in bringing some fresh ideas to the revenue effort and all the best to Trigg who as far as I can see only made one error whilst at Carlton and that was talking to the hag about his so called poor treatment ...she probably made a mountsin out of a molehill about that - since that is her style.

Great get??? Why are so many of the customers who purchased RFC stuff from the club post the GF still waiting. It seems this bloke cant get his SH&*T in order.. Goodluck.
Thanks, Ahmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back