Restricted Free Agent Cam Zurhaar [2024 RFA?]

Remove this Banner Ad

1 gave 7 years 1 gave half a year. There is a big difference.

And "all the s**t" - a couple of funny light hearted posts?? People are easily triggered.

View attachment 1927284
I think most people would view it as a senior player taking to social media to publically humiliate and bully a 19 year old

Would be hilarious if this guy leaves North after all the s**t he gave JHF for wanting out.
Cam didn't criticise Jason for leaving, he celebrated it. He criticised Jason for being a less than top bloke.
In the unlikely event that Cam gets an offer he cant refuse, North will be disappointed, but take compo and move on. There wont be bad blood like the JHF situation.

How was it BS? If a club is going to pay a salary that triggers band 1 compo - the team is entitled to band 1 compo.

Its BS because the AFL purposely did not adjust the salary rankings to reflect what a true band 1 player gets paid. They purposely left it low to manufacture the result they wanted. In collusion with both clubs.

Its basically the similar to fixing a race. And in doing so two clubs with the assistance of the AFL basically rups off every other club.

Fact is McKay is nowhere near a band 1 player. He got paid the minumum amount to generate a band 1 pick not because he's that good. But because two clubs fixed the outcome.

Well no surprise the Swans sniffing around another free agent.

So much for having difficulty attracting players so they need an academy.

Every year they seem to attract top class players.
Tbh I can’t see him uprooting to there

Pretty confident he stays in vic whether it be with us or another

We’ve got plenty of cap space so will come down to is improvement on the horizon

Which naturally it should be, he’s done the hard years already

Love BF logic - if Cam gets an offer too good to refuse he should refuse it because he made a light hearted joke when a player left?

A bit of banter and he must stay at North forever.

BF loses its mind when a player is not a robot.

You don’t think JHF got an offer infinitely better than hanging around at North?

It would be embarrassing if he left after the way he acted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t think JHF got an offer infinitely better than hanging around at North?

It’s amazing how some people look at a screen and never completely absorb something when it happens.

Zurhaar was happy JHF left, he celebrated it.

He got into him for his flogging behavior, not the fact he left.

It’s amazing how some people look at a screen and never completely absorb something when it happens.

So when he commented “elite 🔥” under North Melbournes official post detailing the JHF trade, and when he made his business discount code “hornetgone”, it had nothing to do with JHF leaving? Brilliant stuff by a so called leader at the club.

I think it’s just as amazing the amount of North fans who think their club or the people within it can do 0 wrong. Always someone else’s fault.

Its BS because the AFL purposely did not adjust the salary rankings to reflect what a true band 1 player gets paid. They purposely left it low to manufacture the result they wanted. In collusion with both clubs.

Its basically the similar to fixing a race. And in doing so two clubs with the assistance of the AFL basically rups off every other club.

Fact is McKay is nowhere near a band 1 player. He got paid the minumum amount to generate a band 1 pick not because he's that good. But because two clubs fixed the outcome.

He didn’t receive the minimum, he well exceeded it.

You also clearly don’t understand the compo process. You are measured against your peers in a ranking system, not a % of the cap or fixed figure. Your rank from 1-800 determines the compo category, not the actual dollar value, as age is a weighting factor to your ranking.

Whilst the figures bandied around are estimates, they are estimates only. The band 1 threshold can mathematically be $500k under the right conditions.

Not every player in the comp has CPI increases built into their contracts and Band 1 could theoretically be lower under the new CBA than the old one, if the top 39 players get paid proportionally higher to the 40th player between free agency periods.

But the AFL can't adjust the salary rankings when they don't know what the future player payments will be - they have to use what they have now. Unless Doc Brown can lend the DeLeoren they have to use today figures.

Also - Ess paid a little more to get Caddy. You call it a fix - most call it good list management. They had the spare salary available to over pay for a player. Agree McKay isn't a band 1 player but if a club is paying 1.5 million this year then who am I to complain.

Im sure Sam Walsh in his 1st year got an infinitely better deal than hanging around at the Blues. Some players are metally stronger than others.

Yeah imagine having a sense of humour - AFL players can't act that way.

Posters get angry at the strangest things.....

1710382282331.png

So when he commented “elite 🔥” under North Melbournes official post detailing the JHF trade, and when he made his business discount code “hornetgone”, it had nothing to do with JHF leaving? Brilliant stuff by a so called leader at the club.

I think it’s just as amazing the amount of North fans who think their club or the people within it can do 0 wrong. Always someone else’s fault.

Clarko did something wrong and received a fine last week.

Cam had a joke - no fine, no suspension, not even a please explain.

Laugh at something funny - wasting time sooking is a waste of time.

Clarko did something wrong and received a fine last week.

Cam had a joke - no fine, no suspension, not even a please explain.

Laugh at something funny - wasting time sooking is a waste of time.

Don’t get me wrong I thought it was great banter. But if you’re going to send pot shots at a 19 year old for leaving, you’re going to look like a goose when you leave 2 years later.

Don’t get me wrong I thought it was great banter. But if you’re going to send pot shots at a 19 year old for leaving, you’re going to look like a goose when you leave 2 years later.

There will plenty that will stir him up if he left - team mates included.

But with a big fat pay day i'm sure he will shake it off.

Rich goose >>>> poor goose.

And the public will get stuck into Zurhaar for his flogging behaviour if he leaves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back