Restricted Free Agent Cam Zurhaar [2024 RFA?]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people would view it as a senior player taking to social media to publically humiliate and bully a 19 year old
Yeah, was funny as

Has Essendon written all over him.

Another B-grade player that they'll pay A-grade money to.
Imagine if our oldest rival got us Band 1 compo two years in a row by paying mid-tier players star salaries.

It'd almost be enough to make me want to kiss and make up for how their ancestors campaigned against North joining the VFL 120 something years ago.

Imagine if our oldest rival got us Band 1 compo two years in a row by paying mid-tier players star salaries.

It'd almost be enough to make me want to kiss and make up for how their ancestors campaigned against North joining the VFL 120 something years ago.
"In 1896, Markwell the football writer for The Age noted that the VFA had not moved to try and stop the downfall of the game. He suggested that many of the rules would have to be changed and that boundary umpires should be introduced to help field umpires control on-field discipline. "Reform is urgently called for," he wrote. "Otherwise respectable young fellows will retire from the sport and leave it entirely in the hands of blackguards."[1]
This unruliness amongst the players of certain teams and, more particularly, the thuggery of the supporters of some clubs, had been noted for a number of years and was certainly another reason that some clubs saw a break-away from the VFA as the only solution. Another contemporary writer called the Collingwood v North Melbourne game in July 1896: "the greatest disgrace of all time in Australian football". The game itself was a cleanly played affair, which was narrowly won by Collingwood. However, at half-time spectators attacked Umpire Roberts and did so again after the game. During the second attack, the players of both sides tried to protect the umpire only to have the crowd turn on them. Female spectators slashed away with long hat pins and one male supporter even produced an iron bar, which he used. Players McDougall (North Melbourne) and Bill Proudfoot(Collingwood) were knocked unconscious and most of their teammates suffered some injuries, albeit some minor. It is often claimed that this incident led to North Melbourne not being invited to join the VFL when it was formed later that year."

Fair enough too.

Looking back at this part of history in 20 years time, i could almost see that essendon's over generous cash splurge for half decent players got us pick 3 and 5 (tentative as of now) netted us two really good players.

Looking back at this part of history in 20 years time, i could almost see that essendon's over generous cash splurge for half decent players got us pick 3 and 5 (tentative as of now) netted us two really good players.
Any chance of tomorrows Oz Lotto numbers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t receive the minimum, he well exceeded it.

You also clearly don’t understand the compo process. You are measured against your peers in a ranking system, not a % of the cap or fixed figure. Your rank from 1-800 determines the compo category, not the actual dollar value, as age is a weighting factor to your ranking.

Whilst the figures bandied around are estimates, they are estimates only. The band 1 threshold can mathematically be $500k under the right conditions.

Not every player in the comp has CPI increases built into their contracts and Band 1 could theoretically be lower under the new CBA than the old one, if the top 39 players get paid proportionally higher to the 40th player between free agency periods.
You can’t post facts on BF…….then what happens to all the “blah blah North are no good, my team is better because” garbage that gets posted. This joint would be dead.

Only the average players

26 year old 100 games averaging 12 touches and 1 goal a game
whats so special ?

Is he that average player who kicked the winning aginst the mighty tigs in 2022 where we won our 2nd game?

Is he that average player who kicked the winning aginst the mighty tigs in 2022 where we won our 2nd game?
I'm not sure that's the flex you think it is.

Looks so dangerous when he gets the ball but consistently screws up his opportunities. Taking on one too many tackles, going for miracle goals etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back