Restricted Free Agent Cam Zurhaar [2024 RFA?]

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i think with Zurhaar what you see is what you get

Can do the freaky flashy things occasionally but not enough to chase as a must have

Club may consider as a free agent $500k range but wouldnt think he attracts enough to get a band 1 compo

Best to sign with North

Circa 2019 & even back end of 2021 he had star potential written all over him.

Really has stagnated.

Problem isn’t that he can’t do certain things - it’s that he elects not too. He “hates losing” but is part of the core that was our rebuild 5-6 years ago and has done SFA and now we embrace the new rebuild. Who the * is he to say he hates losing when he’s a corr part of the reason (geddit?) that we do consistently lose? No different to McKay half assing it and then getting frustrated - you’re at an age where you can’t hide behind youth, start ******* dominating your position and drag the team with you.

I’m over him.

If he signs with us ok fine he’s at least a match winner on his day and we just need to develop 21 players around him that produce week in week out. If he leaves then great we’ll take the band 2 pick I reckon (probs closer to band 3 salary but age + expect good contract length ticks it over).

If he takes Simpkin, McDonald, Stephenson, Corr & Tucker with him - even better, I’ll try find a way to pay his salary myself.

Circa 2019 & even back end of 2021 he had star potential written all over him.

Really has stagnated.

Problem isn’t that he can’t do certain things - it’s that he elects not too. He “hates losing” but is part of the core that was our rebuild 5-6 years ago and has done SFA and now we embrace the new rebuild. Who the * is he to say he hates losing when he’s a corr part of the reason (geddit?) that we do consistently lose? No different to McKay half assing it and then getting frustrated - you’re at an age where you can’t hide behind youth, start ******* dominating your position and drag the team with you.

I’m over him.

If he signs with us ok fine he’s at least a match winner on his day and we just need to develop 21 players around him that produce week in week out. If he leaves then great we’ll take the band 2 pick I reckon (probs closer to band 3 salary but age + expect good contract length ticks it over).

If he takes Simpkin, McDonald, Stephenson, Corr & Tucker with him - even better, I’ll try find a way to pay his salary myself.
He was a *ing spud when he was with us.

How you took him at those $$$ was laughable

He's a weird player to watch.

Seems like half the time he's coasting along in third gear....but half the time he tries to do too much. I don't know if that's laziness, or frustration that he can't get into it, or lack of footy smarts, or he's just a burst type player. Maybe a combination of all four?

Must be awfully frustrating for North fans.

So when he commented “elite 🔥” under North Melbournes official post detailing the JHF trade, and when he made his business discount code “hornetgone”, it had nothing to do with JHF leaving? Brilliant stuff by a so called leader at the club.

I think it’s just as amazing the amount of North fans who think their club or the people within it can do 0 wrong. Always someone else’s fault.
Its True though. North can do no wrong.

47,565 rocked up at Marvel Stadium between North and Carlton. It was North Melbournes home game. Good on North Melbourne to have 40,000 North fans rock up lol

Wouldn’t mind him tbh. Just don’t think we’ve got room for him both in our forward line and in our cap.

I did say he averages 12 touches and just over a goal a game

poor mans Jake Stringer

Sure, if you want to count his career stats from 8 years ago as relevant.

He is in a pretty small group of players who get it over 15 times a game and kick it 1+ goal a game.

1712100847307.png

He's also shown an ability to get up towards 2 goals per game in previous seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be a bull mid / power med forward by now (a poor mans Dusty if you will) but looks like he will only ever be a forward which would be disappointing for North.

I would take him at the Tigs, but not on silly money.

Well he hasn't done much himself but if he was waiting to see improvement from North you'd have to think he's got one foot out the door already. Defense is insipid.

Sure, if you want to count his career stats from 8 years ago as relevant.

He is in a pretty small group of players who get it over 15 times a game and kick it 1+ goal a game.

View attachment 1948274

He's also shown an ability to get up towards 2 goals per game in previous seasons.
Looks like not much has changed between his career stats and 2024 stats
as i said Very poor mans stringer

Hates north traitors.
And bleeds blue and white.
North is the best place for him to be.
They just need to pay the man and pin him to a long term contract.

I would be surprised if he stays, I know he gave crap to JHF but it's not the same imo he is a free agent and earned where he should go. like McKay it's probably in he's best interest to move on no one wants to experience loss after loss non-stop.

He is more valuable to north than a 2nd round compo pick so north will give him what he wants which is more than other clubs would offer and doubt any team gives him a $800k+ deal to secure a band 1 compo pick

So chances are he stays at north

He is more valuable to north than a 2nd round compo pick so north will give him what he wants which is more than other clubs would offer and doubt any team gives him a $800k+ deal to secure a band 1 compo pick

So chances are he stays at north

Yes of course that is how it will play out, exactly like you said. Just like no club will pay enough for Ben McKay to get us first rd compo.

Essendon dont need him they already got that guys from StKilda

Yes , so you don't think his best mate G. Logue who lives with him and is a massive part of why Gus turned up at North, will not have any influence on Cam staying with us.
Those two have been mates since under 12's. but of course they're at North because we offer the most cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back