Can AFL co-exist with NRL forevermore?

Remove this Banner Ad

whippersnipper said:
The fact of the matter is, AFL IS eroding the NRL heartlands, and with soccer becoming more popular, it will probably spell death for the NRL ever expanding past those boundaries. The NRL is scared, and rightly so. The NRL will never be able to compete with the AFL in terms of crowds, finances, membership, recognition or expansion. The AFL wont displace NRL in NSW, ACT or QLD yet, but it will continue to see the NRL become a small league game compared to the AFL.

How do you know that? Can you provide some facts? Last time i was in sydneys south west 2 weeks ago most of the people there still supported League. AFL was no where to be seen.

Unless you live in Sydney you can make assumptions but League will always be the number 1 code. Will be for years to come.

And it might not attract big crowds to games but its huge with the tv audience. A lot of people still watch it.

Again my issue is with arrogant Victorians who have never been to Sydney or have just been for the wekend to watch their team and think they can make outlandish claims like NRL is dying a slow death.

You people are fast becoming the new "arrogants" of Australia, up there with Sydneysiders.

Diego said:
Of course they can. But i don't like the attitude of most stupid AFL fans who think that the AFL is going to push all codes aside in NSW and be the only code there like its there god given right.

thats my issue.

Sydney has always been tolerant of all codes. Its Melbourne ( acity that issuppose to be tolerant to everything) that cannot cope or want to start dealing with multi code support.

Why should we? If we dont care for NRL, then so be it, that's our business. We have no obligation to support NRL, just like you Northeners have no obligation to support AFL.

Oh, and the Cronulla riots show exactly how tolerant Sydneysiders are.

The AFL has to co-exist with the NRL in Sydney and Brisbane.

Simply because league will never be knocked off it's perch in the northern markets.

And anyone thinking otherwise is either delusional or on drugs.

If some NRL club CEO's have their way, there would be no need to co-exist with the AFL in Melbourne.

Because they'd dump the Storm in a second.

whippersnipper said:
Why should we? If we dont care for NRL, then so be it, that's our business. We have no obligation to support NRL, just like you Northeners have no obligation to support AFL.

Oh, and the Cronulla riots show exactly how tolerant Sydneysiders are.

ahh thanks for proving my point right there. Melbournes arrogance ejaculates! So why do Sydneysiders have to put up with the crap that spurts out of Melbourne? And how dare Sydneysiders not accept anything that comes out of bleak city!

So predicable.

Those poor silly lebs that were hassling a poor chap on chapel st the other night must have been sydneysiders.

In fact all the silly dumb pricks who walk around the burbs of Melbourne, they must be those pesky sydneysiders.

Magpiespower said:
The AFL has to co-exist with the NRL in Sydney and Brisbane.

Simply because league will never be knocked off it's perch in the northern markets.

And anyone thinking otherwise is either delusional or on drugs.

If some NRL club CEO's have their way, there would be no need to co-exist with the AFL in Melbourne.

Because they'd dump the Storm in a second.

So true. But Melbourne being the city it is, they know best. Hopefully they won't pull out a survey out of their arse to prove me wrong.

Diego said:
ahh thanks for proving my point right there. Melbournes arrogance ejaculates! So why do Sydneysiders have to put up with the crap that spurts out of Melbourne? And how dare Sydneysiders not accept anything that comes out of bleak city!

So predicable.

Those poor silly lebs that were hassling a poor chap on chapel st the other night must have been sydneysiders.

In fact all the silly dumb pricks who walk around the burbs of Melbourne, they must be those pesky sydneysiders.

Never been to Melbourne, eh?
I was born and raised in NSW you dumb, little s**t, so I know both worlds.
You want to make such rash comments about Melbourne, perhaps you actually come and frigging live here, you little parasite.

whippersnipper said:
Never been to Melbourne, eh?
I was born and raised in NSW you dumb, little s**t, so I know both worlds.
You want to make such rash comments about Melbourne, perhaps you actually come and frigging live here, you little parasite.

I LIVE IN MELBOURNE YOU DIP SHYT! I live in Windsor.

I LIVED IN SYDNEY FOR 30 YEARS!!! I grew up around Newtown - St Peters!

Hay sus!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whippersnipper said:
Then if you hate Melbourne and Melburnians, why stay here?

**** off back to S**tsville mate, you absolute waste of Melbourne's fresh, unpolluted (unlike Sydney) air.

Phwoah now thats tough. Again showing such arrogance when in reality its not needed. :thumbsu:

Strike while the ironys hot!

skipper kelly said:
I'll let you in on a little secret mate. Our Diego is a bit on the slow side. He is our special friend on BF.;)

LMFAO....cheers mate.

Kinda sad though...you would think his mum would keep a bit more control over him.

Or at least deal with his anger management issues.;)

Jesus christ look at this, two very simple country "bushies" getting together to pay me out.

Gee Skip I thought you could do better than that. Been caught having a pull by your missers again? That thread last year was such a cack! And to think your other half caught you looking a teen pr0n!

ahh your a sshhhpecial one skipper, come over here and let me pat your hair like a good ol simple auuustraliaaaan!

bushie said:
Poor petal got a new anus ripped on another thread and is having a very large case of the sooky sooky la la's.

wow man you must be really cut, i mean you keep using "forum reverse pyschology" on me. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that "you ripped me a new ********" when clearly i suckered you in and left when you became a cliche riddled bore.

If i really wanted to i could have a massive go at you, but because you are just not worth it I will let you drown in your self appreciation. I mean you call me a kid but arnt you the one who is trying to claim "forum points" or something silly along those lines?

oh dear. yawn. Go away and do something useful like stick a screw driver in a power socket.

Diego said:
wow man you must be really cut, i mean you keep using "forum reverse pyschology" on me. I don't know how you came to the conclusion that "you ripped me a new ********" when clearly i suckered you in and left when you became a cliche riddled bore.

If i really wanted to i could have a massive go at you, but because you are just not worth it I will let you drown in your self appreciation. I mean you call me a kid but arnt you the one who is trying to claim "forum points" or something silly along those lines?

oh dear. yawn. Go away and do something useful like stick a screw driver in a power socket.

Yes, yes Diego....of course you are right....as usual.. My apologies...

With such a withering rebuttal like that I bow before you..

Can you please, please tell me which dictionary you used to come up with such big words that cut me back down to size.

And please don't have a massive go at me because I fear I would simply faint at the thought of it.

Yes I was clearly suckered in by your noble intellect.

Silly me.....mutter...mutter...gee that kids good.....mutter mutter...shuffle ...shuffle...drowning in self appreciation...wow what a line.

bushie said:
rubbish post

Seriously man i didnt even bother reading your rubbish, just **** off already! And don't throw the whole "ripped a new ********" at me b/c thats just as lame.

got it kiddo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back