VEEBEE

All Australian
Jun 6, 2004
bayswater
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
just wondering what people thought about jc as captain yesterday? i know its too early to judge him after only one game, but for mine he is not a natural leader. i love the way he goes about his football , and one can never doubt his passion for the game or his attack on the ball,but for me leaders are born not made , after bucks its gotta be pebbles or tazza.as i mentioned i have the utmost respect for jimmy , for mine the best recruit we have got other than bucks.

He obviously wasnt that good of a collingwood captain because he isnt on the long term injury list

VEEBEE said:
just wondering what people thought about jc as captain yesterday? i know its too early to judge him after only one game, but for mine he is not a natural leader. i love the way he goes about his football , and one can never doubt his passion for the game or his attack on the ball,but for me leaders are born not made , after bucks its gotta be pebbles or tazza.as i mentioned i have the utmost respect for jimmy , for mine the best recruit we have got other than bucks.

how can u suggest clement aint a born leader, and in the same breath tout tarrant as a possible alternative?

Just by looking at Jimmy, he is a born leader. He is smart inside and outside the world of football.

You can't expect too much from somebody captaining there first game, especially from defence. He was a solid contribitor and will be a good captain till Bucks gets back in the game. :)

Nardz said:
how can u suggest clement aint a born leader, and in the same breath tout tarrant as a possible alternative?
if you were going to go to war , or get into a fight who whould you rather beside you?tazza for me .jimmy is a fantastic player but like john eales the ex wallaby captain he is too meek and mild to lead tough young men into battle.

Tarrant would never be captain of Collingwood. I still believe Rocca would be the next captain of Collingwood, simply because he has great leadership skills to do it, and he is a match winner.

Coin_Toss said:
Tarrant would never be captain of Collingwood. I still believe Rocca would be the next captain of Collingwood, simply because he has great leadership skills to do it, and he is a match winner.
good call as pebbles is a natuaral leader,i was just thinking the captaincy might just bring out the competetive spirit in tazza more consistently.i am in no way bagging james clement , the guy is a fantastic player and readily shows how proud he is to play for the collingwood football club.jimmy whould walk into any starting 18 , including the lions at theyre best.

VEEBEE said:
good call as pebbles is a natuaral leader,i was just thinking the captaincy might just bring out the competetive spirit in tazza more consistently.i am in no way bagging james clement , the guy is a fantastic player and readily shows how proud he is to play for the collingwood football club.jimmy whould walk into any starting 18 , including the lions at theyre best.

so you wanna put tarrant captain to inspire him to try harder??

A captain is a leader, meant to inspire his team mates. at the moment he struggles inspire himself. He is not captain material. simple as that.

How can a reject from freo captain collingwood. Gee you have great leadership at collingwood

Kanga20 grow up mate you obvisouly are here to try and stir things up with little success but he was not a reject from Freo so do a little bit of research if your going to start trolling.

As for the captain i tend to agree as I love Jimmy as a player but i don't think he is captain material, I personaly would rather see Paul Licuria have the role while Buckley, Rocca and Fraser are out. I see Josh being a future captain may not be the next captain but down the line a bit i see him being skipper.

I also tend to agree that giving Tarrant more of a leadership role may bring out the best in him, not saying captain but as vice or part of the leadership group as they say.

Kanga20 said:
How can a reject from freo captain collingwood. Gee you have great leadership at collingwood

as opposed to ur previous 2 captains.....

one betrayed his vice captain.. great leadership there...

the other cant even keep his mrs in check, so how was he meant to keep 37 other players in check?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back