Captaincy / Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

But that’s part of him being a knob on the field. There’s no need for it.

It doesn’t stop opposition teams from their individual roles on certain other players of ours. Whether that’s tagging Neale or targeting Coleman.

It doesn’t stop opposition teams from sledging other players of ours.

There’s no need to linger in a tackle, or put an opponent in a headlock, or gut punch/slap someone as he runs past.

Especially when this is coming from our captain.
Surely time to give Zorks a bit of a break...this pile-on is a bit tiresome.

Which is a huge indictment on our team. Maybe our lack of good to great captaincy options is why we have a stupidly big leadership group?
A greater indictment is that Berry who is seen by many here,(including me) to posses leadership qualities is not in the stupidly big leadership group.

Veteran AFL columnist Caroline Wilson has shed some more light on Dayne Zorko's verbal spat with Melbourne players, revealing that the Brisbane Lions skipper copped "disgusting" abuse from the Demons.

Wilson's account seemingly corroborates Zorko's, after he publicly discussed the incident on Wednesday, saying his comment which left Harrison Petty in tears "wasn't just an unprovoked sledge".

"I'm told that some of the stuff said to Zorko was pretty disgusting," she told Nine's Footy Classified. "If you were going to investigate what was said, you'd be more investigating what was said to Zorko about women in his life (which was) far worse than what was said to Petty."

I was talking about petty, why would you let a comment from an opponent effect you like that, and in the moment he was a sook, the only difference between what Melbourne players have done and what Zorko did is that one had a cry about it
Agree totally, I couldn’t believe the pile on the last few days. I can imagine a 15 year old Petty standing in the playground crying, and his ice cream on the ground.🤣🤣🤣🤣

But that’s part of him being a knob on the field. There’s no need for it.

It doesn’t stop opposition teams from their individual roles on certain other players of ours. Whether that’s tagging Neale or targeting Coleman.

It doesn’t stop opposition teams from sledging other players of ours.

There’s no need to linger in a tackle, or put an opponent in a headlock, or gut punch/slap someone as he runs past.

Especially when this is coming from our captain.

Agree and anyone saying "I hope your mother dies" to another person is totally disgusting. There is just no excuse for saying that to anyone under any circumstances.

As Zorko is our captain my feelings are about him and he needs to be bigger than that and zip his mouth.....Melbourne fans can deal with their player if they choose or not. Don't care about them or the reasons.

imo there is no excuse or let off for saying what he did, for whatever reason. He took himself down to their level by responding with those words and the club and fans had to suffer the intense scrutiny as a result.

A captain of this club has to be better. Much better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back