Captaincy / Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t been a supporter of Zorko most of his career, so this latest circus doesn't change my perspective of him.
What it proves though, is he's not fit to lead this club. Of all the players that took to the field on Friday night, Melbourne players honed in on our captain knowing very well they could unsettle him, thus unsettling the team.
A strong leader should be able to control their emotions, if anything show a steely resolve and win the footy in a hard contested manner. Not revert to niggly crap and verbal abuse.
Can't stand Melbourne, but credit to them, they got what they wanted.
This is where I sit on it.
Summed up how I feel and that of some other's I've spoken to perfection.

I can look past the incident with Petty, but Dayne's antics, even that sledging incident aside, only reinforced how I feel about Dayne and all the things I don't like about him. In recent years, I think he has done more harm than good on field for us and often times his antics only serve to inspire the opposition.

I dont think it is the Lions fans that may have to look in the mirror after next week.

The onus is on the players to rally around the banner of their virtuous captain as he inspires the team by collecting 30 touches and kicking a couple of goals.

If they roll over before the ball is bounced again then that will say more about what is going on with the club than any PR exercise.

Is beams still selling $300 tables on Instagram

I feel nothing towards Beams, he netted us two first round picks at a time when he had barely anything left to give on the footy field.

Let's play on thursday. Regardless of the result, Zorko can sit down on friday morning, prime time, and say word for word what was said to him on the field. Just name all players too for good measure so it's pretty clear who said what.

Light it up and let it burn the joint down before Melbourne's friday game. Would be delicious.
Tactically it would be better to wait until after they win on Fri since we play the loser ... not sure it is a smart move strategically nor a good precedent to set either...

Was it well known about the place that there was animosity between Zorko and D.Beams? Zorko seems to be in Beams's head considering the following line >

“Embarrassing that he is still captain. Worst thing is I’m not even surprised.”

Was it well known about the place that there was animosity between Zorko and D.Beams? Zorko seems to be in Beams's head considering the following line >

Sadly the comment says more about Beams than our Captain-just pathetic…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory there wad an article from Fish a few years ago about how they were close when playing junior football on the Gold Coast, and that as Beams was not well off money wise, zorko would help put at times.

I've been saying for some time we need a reset and to get rid of anyone too old/slow or with other restrictive issues. Obviously getting rid of all of them in one hit might be emotionally draining and create a bit of a hole for a while but we're not getting a flag under the current set up.
Without knowing if we have any trade targets lined up, the major problem with dumping anyone out of contract, who doesn’t look to have a future at the club, this off-season, is that we won’t really have the draft picks to properly regenerate the list.

Yes, we’re adding two high end talents, but after that, the rest of our picks are likely to be at the end of the draft.

And if we’re going for a reset year, I’m somewhat hesitant to trade our future first, unless it’s for a very specific player.

From memory there wad an article from Fish a few years ago about how they were close when playing junior football on the Gold Coast, and that as Beams was not well off money wise, zorko would help put at times.
Ah, a lesson I learnt a long time ago, never mix money and friendship.

He was incredible when we started him in the back half this year. But we couldn't have him Rich and Kiddy in there.
I would have Zorko above Rich in that role now. Offers similar kicking skills but is a bit better in most if not all other areas.

I have seen screen shots of him slamming the club, Hates Zorks and Fages, has fallen out with most of the playing group, even Cammy and others that were close don’t have contact anymore.

Saw him saying stuff like ‘I went up and took the piss out of that joint’ - ‘I’m the only good thing that’s happened to that place’, ‘fages couldn’t coach under 12s’.

There is a lot of animosity between him and the club.

There is a lot of animosity between him and the club.
Well, a lot of animosity from him towards the club.

I'm not convinced the club thinks about him a lot at all any more.

I’d like to apologise to Dayne for calling for him to stand down as captain.

I believed he had made a comment about Petty’s mum, who was unwell. My comments were based on that. That is now untrue. I’ve learnt a lesson there.

I don’t like that Dayne was embroiled in the mess that was Friday night as captain, and his leadership needs to improve, but I called for something without having the correct information.

He may have said something equally as cutting, who knows, but I made assumptions and made strong comments based on incorrect info, so you gotter put your hand up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back