Captains of Crush

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if you’ve heard of these but apparently they are the go to to develop wrist and forearm strength. Their touted to be very challenging even for serious lifters. Essentially they are graded hand grips that work to develop you strength exponentially (or so I’ve been told).

Has anyone had experience with these? If so, thoughts? Could they be another gimmick? Is it something that the farmers walk could easily replace and do the job for development of grip and forearm strength?

Cheers

I got a few from my old work.
Have tried using them for a training cycle a couple of times and tbh haven’t really noticed much difference in exercises apart from the CoC ie i got better at doing the CoC but it didn’t help any other lifts.
I track my grip strength with an electric dynamometer every morning I train. Noticed 3 things that affect on that given day and specifically training grip doesn’t seem to have much effect (in no particular order those 3 things are: how much sleep I’ve had over the previous 2 nights, whether I have eaten or not that morning and it’s always lower on the second day if I train back to back days)

I got a few from my old work.
Have tried using them for a training cycle a couple of times and tbh haven’t really noticed much difference in exercises apart from the CoC ie i got better at doing the CoC but it didn’t help any other lifts.
I track my grip strength with an electric dynamometer every morning I train. Noticed 3 things that affect on that given day and specifically training grip doesn’t seem to have much effect (in no particular order those 3 things are: how much sleep I’ve had over the previous 2 nights, whether I have eaten or not that morning and it’s always lower on the second day if I train back to back days)
Fair enough. I am thinking the best way to keep up my grip strength is to keep doing farmers walks. I mean they are so practical and purposeful that i don't think you can substitute much else for them.

Personally I never understood direct forearm training, I can see it’s place if you are a power lifter. Just lifting and moving plates each work out is enough for me.

Although I have seen one bloke direct train his tibilias (muscle on the front of the shin)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back