Carlton AFLW/VFLW Media, Training Reports, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit uninspiring to hear Halford talk about contested possession as being an issue for us alongside maintaining possession. The latter is by far our problem, and due to our mobility, which we've only done a meagre job of addressing at the draft (though our hand was forced in the early rounds).

Lots of work for the fitness staff and the players to literally transform the playing list, and I hope that Andrew Russell is throwing in some ideas as well.

Mostly talked about our mens team though... you'd expect the carlton media person to at least ask one or two more AFLW related questions at the end there.

Mostly talked about our mens team though... you'd expect the carlton media person to at least ask one or two more AFLW related questions at the end there.
I expect that sort of stuff from the media, but Liddle should have done more to steer the conversation back.

Basically gave the rights away for free.

No matter your thoughts on the comp it appears the AFL don't know how to market it and I actually now think it's future success is limited, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever did the captions is either unimaginative or making a comment about the amount of running the team did at training while Harf talked or looked on. C’mon media team
It's less captions, and more AFL media cataloguing for their archives.

Basically gave the rights away for free.

No matter your thoughts on the comp it appears the AFL don't know how to market it and I actually now think it's future success is limited, unfortunately.
Heard a figure of $2.5 million, but not sure if that's per year, or for the deal.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Ok. 2.5mil a year better than the whole thing but still seems cheap.
It's not a lot to run a comp on, and I still haven't seen it confirmed it isn't for the whole deal. However, $2.5 mill seems a lot given the shortness of the season (if it's per season).

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back