Caroline Wilson bumper stickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. So, as some of you know, I'm a Graphic Design student at Deakin University, and I spend a lot of my time on holidays dicking around on Photoshop for no reason.

I made this picture a little while ago...
481084_3812596972272_970240234_n.jpg

And it actually created quite a stir. I've had a number of users request that I turn these into bumper stickers, and I had a company contact me recently asking if I could see how many people would be interested in purchasing them.

I actually designed a couple more for some other "targets" of the Caroflog Wilson....

62448_3911815492673_1075454298_n.jpg

419186_3911815772680_1602020465_n.jpg

And it actually created quite a stir. I've had a number of users request that I turn these into bumper stickers, and I had a company contact me recently asking if I could see how many people would be interested in purchasing them.

They wouldn't cost more than $10 each, but I was wondering if there's a chance anyone would be interested in purchasing one (or a couple)?

Cheers guys.

I fail your graphic design course, based on the placement of the asterisk (among other things).

Sorry. Also I find them a bit mysoginistic and dunno why this is on the footy part of this forum.

Wow you got a great reception on the north board. Why are people like that not drowned at birth?

I like the idea of them mate but not something I'd really want on my car. More something that is funny when you see it done elsewhere. But hey if they really take off I'll be a good sheep and get in on it :)

love the idea, but not sure about slapping it on the back of dad's station wagon...

Kong can we turn them into badges and have them under our username's?

semiserious
I wouldn't display it in real life, but I would display it on the internet. :p

I would definitely put it on the back of my car if it didnt have the "you mole" bit, or the * ... "* OFF CARO" everyone knows what it means and personal insults aren't really necessary..

I was having a think about this, and my view is basically this.

I can't stand Caro's journalism. Hate it. Despise it. She's sunk the boots into North Melbourne, she's sunk the boots into Melbourne, she's sunk the boots into Essendon, and no doubt she'll pick off someone else in the future.

However- I don't think using terms like that is a great way of spreading or demonstrating, publicly, your dislike of her. Why? Because, it detracts from the message of why we actually dislike her and her writing. I think a fair degree of care has to be taken in using terms like 'mole', too- even if, spelt that way, it actually refers to a burrowing rodent rather than the sexual type (spelt 'moll'). Most people see that word and think of the sexual insult, and it has to be said, that would be unfair on Caro and is a pretty personal and low blow.

A slogan that doesn't get as personal would be better IMO- let's say: CARO= FULL OF IT, CARO with a big cross through her name..or something like that.

Might not be as satisfying, but ultimately, let's not lower ourselves to her level.

Basically, having a slogan like this will attract her attention, but only that, it will allow her to assume the moral high-ground once again by portraying Essendon (or North and Melbourne, whoever) supporters en masse as misogynist and rude.

Let's not give her that opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fail your graphic design course, based on the placement of the asterisk (among other things).

Sorry. Also I find them a bit mysoginistic and dunno why this is on the footy part of this forum.
Just a rough design, I'm only in my second year. Gimme a break :(

Wow you got a great reception on the north board. Why are people like that not drowned at birth?

I like the idea of them mate but not something I'd really want on my car. More something that is funny when you see it done elsewhere. But hey if they really take off I'll be a good sheep and get in on it :)
Hahahaha they deleted the thread before I got to see it. I really have no problem with North Melbourne, but why in the hell are a majority of their supporters so standoffish? Why is there such a chip on their shoulder?

Unbelievable.

Hahahaha they deleted the thread before I got to see it. I really have no problem with North Melbourne, but why in the hell are a majority of their supporters so standoffish? Why is there such a chip on their shoulder?

Unbelievable.

$10 is a fair ask for north supporters.

They had to rely on other people to buy memberships to thier club to save it the other year.

They wont fork out for thier own club, and they wont fork out for stickers.....

Basically, having a slogan like this will attract her attention, but only that, it will allow her to assume the moral high-ground once again by portraying Essendon (or North and Melbourne, whoever) supporters en masse as misogynist and rude.

Let's not give her that opportunity.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Great post.

Yeah they returned my quote and it's suddenly a non-issue. No way I'm forking over four figures for some dodgy hacked up stickers.

You need to leave the word mole out of it. Stay away from general derogatory terms about women.
Sorry about the moral high ground there .
Yeah I'm going to ditch the idea altogether.

I'm not paying thousands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back