Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

That was A for effort but a few controllable things lets us down. The Scott, Bont misses, Crozier's fumble, having Caleb on the mark in the second quarter any other player touches it that goal started 3 unanswered goals plus not icing the game in the last minute.

It was one that got away and may cost us top 2.

That was A for effort but a few controllable things lets us down. The Scott, Bont misses, Crozier's fumble, having Caleb on the mark in the second quarter any other player touches it that goal started 3 unanswered goals plus not icing the game in the last minute.

It was one that got away and may cost us top 2.

Top four is all that matters, but with our draw coming home still a big shot at top two.

Im more annoyed this morning than last night after the game.. really should have won that one

It‘s the last minute. Should have killed it. Chip kicks, back kicks, sideways, dive on it, whatever it took. The knife through butter way some teams whip it up the ground is an issue.

Libba has been immense.
MacLean in a comeback was terrific.
Bont great ( anyone watching us play knew he was odds on to miss to the left on that short set shot - why doesn't Bont know and compensate?)

In a footy sense, what is the point of Mitch Hannan? Just about s**t at everything on the footy field.

Game management to not hang on to the ball was shite.

Bailey Smith could have been playing for Geelong the amount of times he kicked it to them. Looks mentally shot.

Tom Stewart nearly 10 intercept marks, averages 2 normally. WTF?

Wallis provided a great contest no complaints.

Macrae is still awesome.

Bailey Williams in the last was as superb as Crozier was shite.

WTF was with all the slipping? Dumb footwear cost us this game as much as anything.

Josh Bruce played like Buddy at times last night. He was incredible.

Did anyone notice the coin toss. Bont seemed to say good luck and that ducking campaigner of a player seemed to just turn and ignore him. Could be wrong. Hate Selwood the footballer. Hate how clutch he is. Seemed to have a hand in most if not all Cat goals. Gun. Seems a bit of a campaigner though. Love him in my team though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anybody surprised when BT started banging on about how great Geelongs 3 big forwards have been. Yet, didn't have the awareness that our combination of the same had kicked more goals them them before tonight?

Nah, didn't think you would be.
I posted elsewhere that Nick Riewoldt pregame remarked that our captain was playing in the VFL. Talk about the invisible club.

I thought we lacked om field leadership in the last few minutes of that game (not Bonts fault but he cant do everything) but if Wallis is not going to be playing s senior football then we need to put somebody in that Vice Captain role
What, you’re blaming Wallis for the loss?

Looking at the replay, Duryea and two other defenders were all together at the top of our D50 which allowed Rohan to be alone wide. Only Duryea peeled off to cover. Why did we have 3 players together with no Cats players around them? Pretty poor

Looking at the replay, Duryea and two other defenders were all together at the top of our D50 which allowed Rohan to be alone wide. Only Duryea peeled off to cover. Why did we have 3 players together with no Cats players around them? Pretty poor

Better to make these mistakes in the home and away then finals. Good lesson for us to learn.

Lots of little things that add to to losing the game, thought criticism of Wallis a bit hard, comes in at half time, hasn't played for a month, slippery conditions and threw himself into everything.

Need to watch the last 90 seconds again but the Cordy gather and kick and then Gardner chase down of the kick is played here - https://www.afl.com.au/news/632516

Cordy did well to win he Contest, look at options, in a perfect world the kick should have gone more boundary side, think it was the late pressure that maybe causes kick to come in board more. Gardner looks like he is going to make the contest half way and then sort of pulls up, I think someone else comments on this? I am no Gardner fan at all, last night wasn't bad, wasn't good and signing him for another 2 years blows my mind but to me he always looks like a dear in the headlights? Comes off his man a lot and never impacts the next contest.

Not blaming him for the loss, just an observation about this contest and his overall game awareness. Maybe it's the fallout from the Tribunal stuff, not wanting to beeline the contest, maybe he was just tired, who knows.

Overall we nearly pulled off a great win with some players out and some who were passengers for much of the night. Any danger that the realise that JJ is not a forward?

This was the first time I’d seen real 2016 finals like intensity and pressure from our boys. We can win the whole thing, if we get the guys back in that area best 22. We’ll have a September to remember. More confidence than ever after last night.

Disclaimer: still would’ve loved the win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just woke up and am on my way to buy a new tv... threw my Birkenstock at the wall and accidentally hit the 65" Samsung and shattered the screen.... $3.5k down the drain... The other half not happy... I blamed the poor dog :)

Regardless.... Mitch Hannan is very disappointing. The amount of times he runs under the ball is so frustrating. I struggle to see what this bloke offers. People say he has elite pressure but to be honest I just don't see it.

I thought big Tim struggled around the ground last night. Got edged out of to many aerial contests which was frustrating. His ruck work at centre bounces can be frustrating as well. Gets his hands to it first but didn't really provide us with much of an advantage. Trying to tap it back to our sweeper cost us a couple times as when it doesn't come off it gave Geelong momentum going forward.

How many times do all our defenders fly for the ball and either let it get behind them or don't kill the ball boundary side. It's so annoying and happens week to week. It kills us at times!!

I hate Geelong.... so bloody smug and the curse continues.

We can win the whole thing, if we get the guys back in that area best 22. We’ll have a September to remember.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am starting to worry that this “get our best 22 back” thing is a pipe dream.Every week brings a new injury. If we do win this thing it will be without the football gods ( and they know who they are)

Just woke up and am on my way to buy a new tv... threw my Birkenstock at the wall and accidentally hit the 65" Samsung and shattered the screen.... $3.5k down the drain... The other half not happy... I blamed the poor dog :)

Regardless.... Mitch Hannan is very disappointing. The amount of times he runs under the ball is so frustrating. I struggle to see what this bloke offers. People say he has elite pressure but to be honest I just don't see it.

I thought big Tim struggled around the ground last night. Got edged out of to many aerial contests which was frustrating. His ruck work at centre bounces can be frustrating as well. Gets his hands to it first but didn't really provide us with much of an advantage. Trying to tap it back to our sweeper cost us a couple times as when it doesn't come off it gave Geelong momentum going forward.

How many times do all our defenders fly for the ball and either let it get behind them or don't kill the ball boundary side. It's so annoying and happens week to week. It kills us at times!!

I hate Geelong.... so bloody smug and the curse continues.

I at least had the sense to throw a cushion at the wall!

Agree there re Hannan, although he is being asked to play a role he shouldn't be, basically CHF and rucking??? I only realised Scott was playing when he kicked the goal in the 3rd quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back