Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the arse has fallen out of Boga pretty fast, how do a club like Boga who have some talented junior sides, make the transition to senior players, pushing the club to finals, doesn't seem to matter what theyve done, they don't play finals. How do Boga and nyah continue, with the points system in place to ever play finals again

Looks like the arse has fallen out of Boga pretty fast, how do a club like Boga who have some talented junior sides, make the transition to senior players, pushing the club to finals, doesn't seem to matter what theyve done, they don't play finals. How do Boga and nyah continue, with the points system in place to ever play finals again
It’s bloody tough, I think it’s just too hard now to get quality players out of Melbourne and that sees a trickle down effect to all over the states leagues. In saying that there is always good and poor sides, Nyah showed a few years back you can turn it around quickly if you get the right people in.
People also don’t want to go to poor sides so it’s bloody tough to get off the bottom. A bad year or two and I bet Lalbert would be in the same boat as Tooly, Boga and Nyah. Once Wade and X are done, Swan Hill probably the same.
You only have to look at Isma, Booth and Kirby going to the Tigers this year. All have played for other Central Murray clubs. Success and having a great club and you can stay up for a bloody long time.

On Woora, watched them the other week against Cohuna and that would easily have to be the best side I’ve seen them have. Going to take a hell of a lot of beating. Kirby is the biggest difference maker to that team, made them look 3 goals better being out there. They also have the best depth I’ve seen in a central Murray club in as long as I can remember.

It’s bloody tough, I think it’s just too hard now to get quality players out of Melbourne and that sees a trickle down effect to all over the states leagues. In saying that there is always good and poor sides, Nyah showed a few years back you can turn it around quickly if you get the right people in.
People also don’t want to go to poor sides so it’s bloody tough to get off the bottom. A bad year or two and I bet Lalbert would be in the same boat as Tooly, Boga and Nyah. Once Wade and X are done, Swan Hill probably the same.
You only have to look at Isma, Booth and Kirby going to the Tigers this year. All have played for other Central Murray clubs. Success and having a great club and you can stay up for a bloody long time.

On Woora, watched them the other week against Cohuna and that would easily have to be the best side I’ve seen them have. Going to take a hell of a lot of beating. Kirby is the biggest difference maker to that team, made them look 3 goals better being out there. They also have the best depth I’ve seen in a central Murray club in as long as I can remember.
The ones to beat once again this season we would think then. Very early days though

Depending on how financial they are. If they can only afford to pay 3/4 of the salary cap they will struggle to climb the ladder. Looking at yesterday’s team they only used 32 of their 45 points so they can fit another 3 or 4 quality players in. Keep Filo and Frost then you start to build a foundation to add their good junior players to.
You also need players to come that are prepared to teach the kids not just for money.

Yep when metro clubs have more points and bigger salaries, ammos have their employment connections it makes it really difficult to recruit.
When nyah played off in the gf, I reckon that was before the points system come in. I think it's harder now. I reckon the points system need to be altered where you need X amount of 1 pointers in your team, everyone in the state has a 100 grand salary and you can go for your life with the remaining 5-10 players that aren't 1 pointers, as long as your within the salary cap.

Not many players head to struggling team, they just head to the premiers to win an easy flag, wouldn't you get more satisfaction lifting a team up the ladder??
Swan hill always have good juniors coming through, they will always be ok.
Looks like woora and Kangas out in front, with Kerang a peg down, with swan hill tyntynder and lalbert fighting for the last 2 spots

Not sure how Monfris is going this year, but he was magnificent at Maine 2019, on that form he's still in top 20 players in the state. Monfris and Clarke I would assume would fit the below in teaching the kids, Healey is still a solid major league player, yet still no success so far this year, maybe those guys are being rested to be in great Nick for playing against Tooley and nyah to get a couple of wins

Depending on how financial they are. If they can only afford to pay 3/4 of the salary cap they will struggle to climb the ladder. Looking at yesterday’s team they only used 32 of their 45 points so they can fit another 3 or 4 quality players in. Keep Filo and Frost then you start to build a foundation to add their good junior players to.
You also need players to come that are prepared to teach the kids not just for money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep when metro clubs have more points and bigger salaries, ammos have their employment connections it makes it really difficult to recruit.
When nyah played off in the gf, I reckon that was before the points system come in. I think it's harder now. I reckon the points system need to be altered where you need X amount of 1 pointers in your team, everyone in the state has a 100 grand salary and you can go for your life with the remaining 5-10 players that aren't 1 pointers, as long as your within the salary cap.

Not many players head to struggling team, they just head to the premiers to win an easy flag, wouldn't you get more satisfaction lifting a team up the ladder??
Swan hill always have good juniors coming through, they will always be ok.
Looks like woora and Kangas out in front, with Kerang a peg down, with swan hill tyntynder and lalbert fighting for the last 2 spots
Doesn't matter what the salary cap is some clubs will exploit the rules and pay outside the cap. Go read the stories on East Keilor and Deer Park over the past few years.
Only way to restrict clubs recruiting is to have a more robust points system.
I understand clubs financially restricted may not be able to go out and recruit big name players. But what they could do is put effort into recruiting smart.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's only two clubs, who have gone beyond a treasurer's role to put so much effort into hiding it, it's local footy who are they kidding, nearly all clubs play within the rules, just look at the fines and punishment Torquay got for going a couple of grand over, most clubs adhere to it, you just need stricter points in the metro and ammos and more players will come to the country and play

Doesn't matter what the salary cap is some clubs will exploit the rules and pay outside the cap. Go read the stories on East Keilor and Deer Park over the past few years.
Only way to restrict clubs recruiting is to have a more robust points system.
I understand clubs financially restricted may not be able to go out and recruit big name players. But what they could do is put effort into recruiting smart.

That's only two clubs, who have gone beyond a treasurer's role to put so much effort into hiding it, it's local footy who are they kidding, nearly all clubs play within the rules, just look at the fines and punishment Torquay got for going a couple of grand over, most clubs adhere to it, you just need stricter points in the metro and ammos and more players will come to the country and play
If you want to make $100k across the board for all leagues, works out $250 a player over 18 weeks.
Cannot see too many metro players travelling 7-9 hours return trip for $250 unless you get creative outside of the cap or local guys playing for little coin to pay more for metro guys.
Ammos do it well with their networking abilities, nothing stopping country leagues doing the same if thats the way they want to head.

If you want to make $100k across the board for all leagues, works out $250 a player over 18 weeks.
Cannot see too many metro players travelling 7-9 hours return trip for $250 unless you get creative outside of the cap or local guys playing for little coin to pay more for metro guys.
Ammos do it well with their networking abilities, nothing stopping country leagues doing the same if thats the way they want to head.

Can't see to many Deer Park blokes pulling on the boots for $250 a game. Or is it every single metro club is "creative". But then again, Fev,Redpath, Cavka and Elton love the game

Can't see to many Deer Park blokes pulling on the boots for $250 a game. Or is it every single metro club is "creative". But then again, Fev,Redpath, Cavka and Elton love the game
Agree....There would be quite a few clubs that are creative.. or they a very very good at recruiting guys who love the game and happy to play for the love of the game. All my years involved in recruiting and player management i have ony come across a handfull of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back