Central Murray FL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to have a look at salary and points
I think the salary would be interesting at all of the top sides. Someone like Kerang wouldn’t have a player that some of the other teams in that area wouldn’t offer $7-800 for.
Even Tooly and Boga would be interesting

So many local guys play for next to nothing to get a few of these guys to clubs
I’m sure plenty would but how many actually even live in Kerang? Surely the ex locals are getting something decent considering the travelling they are doing and the offers they are no doubt getting.
Guys like Stagg, Heavyside and Curnow could name their price and it doesn’t take a lot of highly paid players to take up a lot of the cap.

To be honest it really doesn’t bother me when it’s so easy for clubs to get around anyway

I guess you could say I’m a “long time listener, first time caller”
Thoughts on this week's game kanga?

If cohuna lose this they can't win the flag. The makeup of their side is not very cohuna like, plenty of big guys and not their customary run, they are very strong in the key fwd and ruck stocks, will be interesting to see how woora go, going from the small confines of their ground, to the wide open spaces of cohuna, vespremi might get lost there.

I wanna see cohuna start free in the middle with Johnstone full fwd and Hammond centre half fwd and Coates across half back

Thoughts on this week's game kanga?

If cohuna lose this they can't win the flag. The makeup of their side is not very cohuna like, plenty of big guys and not their customary run, they are very strong in the key fwd and ruck stocks, will be interesting to see how woora go, going from the small confines of their ground, to the wide open spaces of cohuna, vespremi might get lost there.

I wanna see cohuna start free in the middle with Johnstone full fwd and Hammond centre half fwd and Coates across half back
Unless something goes horribly wrong with Kerang they will play each other again in 2 weeks on the smaller Woorinen ground. The winner will take a lot of confidence into that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does any one have a spare copy or two of the Footy Record from this season?

I have emailed the league on three different occasions this season to try and get some but Taylah has not responded to any of them (poor form).

I believe a combined CMFNL/GRFNL edition has been printed during the second half of the season. I would love to grab a copy if someone has one spare.

I have emailed the league on three different occasions this season to try and get some but Taylah has not responded to any of them (poor form).

I believe a combined CMFNL/GRFNL edition has been printed during the second half of the season. I would love to grab a copy if someone has one spare.

I wasn’t aware that there was a printed version but I’ll see what I can track down for you

I had the same problems dealing with her as well. Never got a response either to my question. You are right very poor form.

Don’t feel down about not getting a response from the league. Clubs are finding it hard to get answers to emails also. Don’t waste your time ringing them either.

That would never have happened as recently as 20 years ago when the day to day affairs of a league was done by a secretary in the evening after having put in a full day's work beforehand.

Sounds like you’re putting your hand up for the job next season then?

I live in Perth, but I did work at the WACA for six years.

The best part was being woken up at 6.00am on Saturday mornings by phone calls from the parents of junior cricketers asking if cricket was still on because there was one white cloud in a bright blue sky.

Last edited:
Are Boga hitting form at the right time, are they any chance of knocking off woora.

Hammond is the key in the other game, kerangs weakness is lack of a real big bodied marking target across half forward, Curnow is a clever player in the jack riewoldt style, they haven't got any other big bodied targets.

If Hammond can intercept enough of kerangs avenue to goal, it will go a big way in closing the gap, and springboard from half back to catch the blues out

Are Boga hitting form at the right time, are they any chance of knocking off woora.

Hammond is the key in the other game, kerangs weakness is lack of a real big bodied marking target across half forward, Curnow is a clever player in the jack riewoldt style, they haven't got any other big bodied targets.

If Hammond can intercept enough of kerangs avenue to goal, it will go a big way in closing the gap, and springboard from half back to catch the blues out

Wouldn’t think Boga would get near Woorinen to be fair

they were really good on the weekend but won’t be any match for Woorinen. Eagle shouldn’t have been playing and outside of Monfries it’s hard to see how Boga will score this week.
Exciting year for Boga though and hopefully they can build on it and not fall away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back