Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any thoughts on a complete restructure to strengthen CMFL at the demise of the NCFL. A couple of amalgamations within The current CMFL (any suggestions welcome) coupled with the 3 strongest and wealthiest NCFL clubs Sea Lake, Birchip and Nulli/Wyche would even up and strengthen the CMFL. Im sure all 3 would be ultra competetive. As far as the other NCFL clubs go Donald and St Arnaud could head to Wimmera or Horsham district, Charlton Boort and Wedderburn head to a restructured LVFL which would also be strengthened by a couple of amalgamations from within. Just something to think about. Perhaps if someone has contact with David Alderuccio ask him what AFLVIC has in mind for the area.
Do the CMFL clubs need to get hockey teams or do you just tell that part of the North Central clubs bad luck go somewhere else.

I can see kerang looking to the bfl, when your senior coach lives there, the majority of senior players live there and I'd think kerang people have a greater pull to bendigo than swan hill.

Maybe you get another season out of cotchett and bardon then too. It cuts that travel by half. Junior setup would be the worry, whether they stick to the cmfl for under 16 down. And that means parents going all over the place. They don't lose Gillingham, Coates, kelly etc to the bfl then either. So maybe they don't get Lang, curnow, etc but they've got a pretty good recruiting base to get melbourne guys too
I have never heard it mentioned once around the club.

Do the CMFL clubs need to get hockey teams or do you just tell that part of the North Central clubs bad luck go somewhere else.
Was just thinking outside the box on where in the future footy may be heading, if footy clubs come under pressure to survive things will have to change, didnt give netball or hockey consideration because without footy they dont exist either. Some thought has to given to the future as there will be change.

not to sure. I think it should come back as and under 23 competition. Then you won’t have to worry about recruits not rocking up because they don’t get paid
I see where you’re coming from but you’d never see the full potential/ability and class of the players above 23 Y/O. There’s a lot of footballers out there that don’t reach there full potential until there 23..

This Saturday:
Kerang V Castlemaine @ Kerang.
Cohuna V Heathcote @ Heathcote
Boga V Woorinen @ Pyramid Hill
Nyah V Irymple @nyah
Swan Hill v Wentworth @tyntynder
Tyntynder V Redcliffs @tyntynder

Anyone watching any of these? Anyone know of any other clubs practice matches?

This Saturday:
Nyah V Irymple @nyah

I'll probably head down to Kerang and Castlemaine. Suits best in terms of location. Will be good to see how the blues have adapted without Smith there . He was one of their prime movers last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Saturday:
Nyah V Irymple @nyah

Wouldn’t mind seeing what Nyah have to offer. Will Grenfall play??

Agree Trent with clubs looking south. Not to many top players have left the CM this year, more coming in than leaving
212 kms Sea lake to Bendigo, 73 kms to Swan Hill, Nulli have a history of Melbourne based players prepared to travel to Hay if the brown paper bag is big enough. Think CMFL would have rocks in their head not to think that Sea Lake, Nulli and Birchip were a good fit for them. Besides southern NCFL teams would love to get away from the big 3.

What would your starting midfield look like for interleague.

For me: A.Kirby, J.Neagle, J.Barry, Darcy Bibby

Some may laugh at the Bibby inclusion, but he is a bull at a gate and very hard at it. Also will provide great blocks for Neagle and the classy left foot of Barry. Team orientated midfield that will dominate!

Last edited:
What would your starting midfield look like for interleague.

For me: A.Kirby, J.Neagle, J.Barry, Darcy Bibby

Some may laugh at the Bibby inclusion, but he is a bull at a gate and very hard at it. Also will provide great blocks for Neagle and the classy left foot of Barry. Team orientated midfield that will dominate!
That is quite strong. I would go with L. Gardner,J neagle , M. wattie,N.Oniell and a young Dom gallo for some pace through the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back