Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we will wait and see mate, but I don’t see him being in the top 5 forwards in the comp. And being the sole target he will get double teamed. Good luck to him but I don’t think nyah will be in the top 5 either. This is all my opinion of course
I don’t know if there are even 5 really good forwards in the comp.
Williams, Magro and Fuller. After that there’s not really a lot that come to mind that will give headaches.

I can’t see it working if they move into the Bendigo league. Just a dumb idea. Would take around 2 1/2 hours to get to Gisborne.
Bendigo league is dead. Gisborne will be looking else where after they win the flag this year I would imagine.

Williams, eagle, Magro, fuller, Lalberts new FF could be the best of the lot, Ned McKewan at swan hill is a jet,
Reinforce the nets behind the goals for old rocket-legs McKewan. Word has it he can kick the leather off the thing.

I can see kerang looking to the bfl, when your senior coach lives there, the majority of senior players live there and I'd think kerang people have a greater pull to bendigo than swan hill.

Maybe you get another season out of cotchett and bardon then too. It cuts that travel by half. Junior setup would be the worry, whether they stick to the cmfl for under 16 down. And that means parents going all over the place. They don't lose Gillingham, Coates, kelly etc to the bfl then either. So maybe they don't get Lang, curnow, etc but they've got a pretty good recruiting base to get melbourne guys too

I can see kerang looking to the bfl, when your senior coach lives there, the majority of senior players live there and I'd think kerang people have a greater pull to bendigo than swan hill.

Maybe you get another season out of cotchett and bardon then too. It cuts that travel by half. Junior setup would be the worry, whether they stick to the cmfl for under 16 down. And that means parents going all over the place. They don't lose Gillingham, Coates, kelly etc to the bfl then either. So maybe they don't get Lang, curnow, etc but they've got a pretty good recruiting base to get melbourne guys too
I doubt they are going to make 150 netballers and footballers travel a heap more for the sake of 15 players in the seniors.

Reports from the Sea Lake and Swan Hill game last Saturday are that Tom Isma looks to be in great shape, spent most of the game in the middle and proved to be a problem against a classly Sea Lake midfield cartel.

What a great player he was to watch in his day.

Reports from the Sea Lake and Swan Hill game last Saturday are that Tom Isma looks to be in great shape, spent most of the game in the middle and proved to be a problem against a classly Sea Lake midfield cartel.

I don’t think you watch the game mate.
He didn’t return after the first quarter.

Sea lake had heaps missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did cotchett last play?

How many reserves and senior netballers also live? To suggest its 10 players is ridiculous, there was about that when I played 25 years ago
I couldn’t tell you but even if there is another 25 who travel the 260km round trip for free you are still talking about a total of 25% of the clubs players and that’s ignoring their supporters.
Also Kerang’s netball already struggle so would be so far off the pace in Bendigo they would probably leak those players. U18 football would also go from being top of the tree to struggling.
From afar it just looks like it would benefit the minority of a club.

Anyone got any thoughts on a complete restructure to strengthen CMFL at the demise of the NCFL. A couple of amalgamations within The current CMFL (any suggestions welcome) coupled with the 3 strongest and wealthiest NCFL clubs Sea Lake, Birchip and Nulli/Wyche would even up and strengthen the CMFL. Im sure all 3 would be ultra competetive. As far as the other NCFL clubs go Donald and St Arnaud could head to Wimmera or Horsham district, Charlton Boort and Wedderburn head to a restructured LVFL which would also be strengthened by a couple of amalgamations from within. Just something to think about. Perhaps if someone has contact with David Alderuccio ask him what AFLVIC has in mind for the area.

Last edited:
Anyone got any thoughts on a complete restructure to strengthen CMFL at the demise of the NCFL. A couple of amalgamations within The current CMFL (any suggestions welcome) coupled with the 3 strongest and wealthiest NCFL clubs Sea Lake, Birchip and Nulli/Wyche would even up and strengthen the CMFL. Im sure all 3 would be ultra competetive. As far as the other NCFL clubs go Donald and St Arnaud could head to Wimmera or Horsham district, Charlton Boort and Wedderburn head to a restructured LVFL which would also be strengthened by a couple of amalgamations from within. Just something to think about. Perhaps if someone has contact with David Alderuccio ask him what AFLVIC has in mind for the area.
Sounds difficult, a lot of leagues, clubs and demographics to be considered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back